Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 14229 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Re: Suicide
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2010, 09:34:40 PM »
Well given that you can't seem to keep track of which poster is which I'd say you're riding the short bus to school these days. That aside, what is you actually believe you're informed about?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Octomommy

• View Profile

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2010, 12:56:19 PM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
Well given that you can't seem to keep track of which poster is which I'd say you're riding the short bus to school these days. That aside, what is you actually believe you're informed about?

Well I am so happy that the real you has finally surfaced, I always knew your another of the pseudo immoral posters here.
 "I'd say you're riding the short bus", so all the autistic, high functioning autistic, aspergers, emotionally challenged, mentally retarded and others that ride that bus can be put up for ridicule in your book. You are offended by a post I wrote so you ridicule children we represent on this site, to offend me.
This is why I want nothing to do with you because you are full of shit, your a typical fat ass white boy hanging around with to much education and no common sense. Plus I would not doubt that posting on this website is somehow some social status thing with you, especially amongst your friends. Oh, look at me, I'm helping kids. I am a advocate.
Go buy a T-Shirt......
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »
I've got to say Danny, I find it ironic that you're trying to take the moral high ground when you in fact have no issues with kids being beat up, so as long as they're inner city kids. I won't bother to address any of your assumptions about me, because they're all wrong and without any basis. I will however address the fact that for all your bloviating you seem unable to answer simple questions. Why is that?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2010, 06:53:58 PM »
I've got to say Danny, I find it ironic that you're trying to take the moral high ground when you in fact have no issues with kids being beat up, so as long as they're inner city kids. I won't bother to address any of your assumptions about me, because they're all wrong and without any basis. I will however address the fact that for all your bloviating you seem unable to answer simple questions. Why is that?

Dude I am the moral high ground and don't forget it. I lived this shit as a inner city kid.
BTW, yes I have no problem with kids getting off steam, why do you?

Offline reformed12stepper

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2010, 11:26:05 PM »
what does any of this have to do with suicide?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2010, 11:29:53 PM »
Dude I am the moral high ground and don't forget it. I lived this shit as a inner city kid.
BTW, yes I have no problem with kids getting off steam, why do you?

:roflmao:

No Danny, you really aren't. You're just some tired slob who has never done anything for these kids. You somehow believe by attempting to attack people you know nothing about, that you're somehow making a contribution.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »
Ya know Reform, your right this "side show' has nothing to do with suicide, my bad. I got off track. My apologies.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2010, 03:30:57 PM »
So then what have you done to help any of these kids who were at risk for suicide?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2010, 05:59:23 PM »
I find it interesting that suicide rates, in general and especially younger people, have been declining since the 1990's.  I wonder what is driving this?  More options exist now for people who previously would feel trapped?  Medication is more effective?  Better treatment options?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2010, 06:12:53 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
I find it interesting that suicide rates, in general and especially younger people, have been declining since the 1990's.  I wonder what is driving this?  More options exist now for people who previously would feel trapped?  Medication is more effective?  Better treatment options?

Actually Whooter, you're incorrect. Since the early 2000's the number of teen suicides seems to be increasing. Here take a look:

http://http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/means-matter/files/SuicideTrends.ppt

Why do you think that is?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2010, 06:31:45 PM »

Actually Whooter, you're incorrect. Since the early 2000's the number of teen suicides seems to be increasing. Here take a look:

I stated from the 1990's.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2010, 06:35:39 PM »

I stated from the 1990's.

Yet the number of teen suicides has been on the increase since the early 2000's, so you remain incorrect. So I'm curious as to why the numbers have been increasing. Do you feel it has anything to do with ineffective treatment methods.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2010, 06:56:27 PM »

Yet the number of teen suicides has been on the increase since the early 2000's, so you remain incorrect. So I'm curious as to why the numbers have been increasing. Do you feel it has anything to do with ineffective treatment methods.

The link you provided shows a steady decline in suicides since the 1990's, as I have stated. In recent years (early 2000's) the rate of decline has stalled and has started to edge up (up to 2004), as you have stated.  I am not sure what is driving these up and down trends.  There have been many medications released over the past several decades to try and address depression and anxiety in youth, the therapeutic boarding school industry has expanded over the past several decades.

Personally I do not know what drives these trends.  The stalled decrease and edging up in the early 2000's could be due to the problems we are seeing overseas and at home since 911,  the "long term" ineffectiveness of medicating our youth,  the quick expansion of programs may have watered down their effectiveness.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2010, 07:20:22 PM »
I agree that you were incorrect. My feeling is that the problem stems from a number of things. Kids seem to be taking on adult issues sooner and sooner whether they are equiped to handle them or not. What are the trends for drug use in teens now days?