Author Topic: Yelling anybody  (Read 3788 times)

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
Yelling anybody
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2002, 09:04:00 AM »
I was also brought up with a household that was quite violent, my mother would come home from work and beat the crap out of me and my older sister, my father would stop her in the midst of it all at times.
I have sought therapy since 4th grade and have been suicidal 5 times (which is why I'm on anti-depressants now). My mother would call us "stupid" and "dumbasses" all the time, so I understand where you are coming from. However, since I have sought so much medical attention for my trama I have a different outlook on life, and also, I live 50 miles away from my mom now and I still talk to her, but we don't see each other too often because to this day I still see that rage inside of her. I don't blame her either for that because of the fact she herself had a rough childhood.
I cannot allow these past issues take control of me because once I allow that to happen, I am no good to myself or to anyone else, which is why I choose to have a different perspective on life. It isn't easy sometimes, but my thoughts are on things for a bright future which allow me to be happy most of the time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
usan Minns