Author Topic: Thank goodness Christmas is over  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Jimmy Cusick

• View Profile
Thank goodness Christmas is over
« on: December 26, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »
I'm glad its the day AFTER Christmas. Kids appear to like it because they get gifts and presents. My adult christmas is vacant since my Mom died, I miss her and the enthusiasm she brought into the holidays. Parties are filled with plastic smiles and gallons of alcohol--------- Just what I dont need to be around.

The seed Christmas of 74 was at Hanks house(he became a staff member) we decorated the tree and had an awesome shaving cream fight. My parents sent presents that were under the tree on Christmas morning.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Fran

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 10:41:00 AM »
The true meaning of Christmas actually lasts 12 days long beginning Dec 25th and ending Jan 6th the epiphany. Secular Christmas and materialism may be over. The meaninglessness of it all...I am glad is over.
So continue to have a Merry Christmas for the Heavens are still rejoicing!!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »
The true meaning behind a lot of Christian traditions:
http://www.pharmacratic-inquisition.com ... rmacratic/

As years became centuries, and centuries turned into millenniums, many of the ancient shamanic practices were lost, or were kept from the people by the priesthood, becoming myth and power hungry dogmatic religion. Many of these ancient entheogenic, sun and fertility rites are still practiced today, though the knowledge of their origins, cause, and purpose is all but lost except by a remaining few. Sects were created that kept the secrets of the direct religious experience from the common people. Sometimes this was done by the power hungry (i.e. Catholic Church) to maintain power, and other times this was done by shaman themselves to keep tradition alive.

All we ask is to be let alone.
-- Jefferson Davis (1808-1889): First Message to the Confederate Congress, March,1861.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 11:34:00 PM »
My gifts were given to me and it hurt and offended me so much I cried. Thinking of all those soldiers in Iraq. Here we just live off the fat of the land. But I spent it doing something different the net day. I've created my own forum for musicians. All are welcome to join and partake http://groups.msn.com/electriclarrylandrecordingstudios Everyone is welcome if you are a musician to come and help others, or just speak your mind about the industry. There are plenty of forums created. If you like what I've created invite others to join. Thanx. :smokin:

It continues to amaze me to talk to law students -- college
graduates all and smarter than the average bear -- who will
seriously tell me about how dangerous mj is and how it
destroys the lives of those who use it and who, in the
very next sentence, will tell me how they and their
friends -- now CPAs, engineers, med students -- used
pot regularly through high school and college.  And
they don't see the contradiction between these statements.

We're not just talking ignorance here -- we are talking
deep down, serious, religious indoctrination.

--Buford C. Terrell, Professor of Law, South Texas College of Law

Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory Of the Coming Of The Lord\"

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »
The holidays have always been a burden since adulthood. I loved Christmas as a child, only because I believed in Santa. My mom still repeats the Seed mantra, 'Every day is like Christmas.' She says this to me on the phone from her lock-down rehab facility. I don't have the heart to say anything back, but it still makes me cringe. This year, in part because my wife is expecting, and also because of a big snowstorm, and also because my wife is Jewish, I felt fine saying no to lots of the holiday hoopla, and I am so glad I did.

My wife and I stayed home, played Scrabble and Boggle, did a jigsaw puzzle, made chicken soup. We went out only to pick up a pizza and a couple of movies. Her mom and my stepmom braved the snow and stopped by for breakfast on Friday. We didn't shop. It was a great time!
ally Gator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »
Good luck with your website Ft Liquordale, er...I mean... Ft Lauderdale!

Moderation can be time consuming but rewarding. Hope you experience the same satisfaction out of your site that I get out of this one.