Author Topic: How about some damn ANSWERS.  (Read 33404 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How about some damn ANSWERS.
« Reply #405 on: January 29, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »
At the facility I was at 10 year ago (Provo Canyon School), NONE of the staff had ANY college degrees! (Well, other than the therapists, whom we saw for one or two hours a week, and the school teachers).  I believe that this lack of education is one of the root causes of all the abuses at that place (there are other factors, of course, and I won't even go into those now).  But this lack of understanding of even basic psychological theory led to widespread neglectful, manevolent, un-theraputic treatment.  
"one who cares", I would just like to remind you (I haven't seen you in action or anything, but just want to mention this), that most adolescents who experiment with drugs are NOT headed towards addiction, death, jail, ect... In fact, it has been my experience that the majority of them turn out just fine, (sans "interventions" or rehab).  Out of all the kids my family grew up with (friends, cousins, neighbors, schoolmates), the vast majority (if not all) experimented with some type of drug, or drank from their parents liquor cabinet, or snuck out at night.  99% of those kids are now successful, responsible adults.  (A few girls we know had kids at an early age, secondary to unhealthy relationships, but thats another subject completely.).  It is more important to teach kids about responsibility and safety and moderation, getting them ready to be adults (because once you are 18, no one is going to "intervene"  if you stay out all night at a club, or smoke pot, or have unsafe sex).  Sincerely, Megan
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #406 on: January 29, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »
That masters in drug counseling always makes me go  :roll:

A few years ago, the extra chromosome faction of our federal government blew a few million dollars on studies. Well, they do that every year, but these two were really quite telling.

One of them was called Project MATCH and was intended to discover the most appropriate of three different approaches to alcoholism among different demographic groups of alcoholics.

Essentially, what the study showed is that there is no statistically significant (i.e. detectable) difference in outcomes among various forms of treatment. What the researchers studiously avoided seeing, or at least reporting, is that there's also no statistically significant difference in outcomes between treated and untreated populations, though some studies show that people do slightly better w/o any formal intervention at all.

http://books.nap.edu/html/marimed/

But the people who define for us what is and is not addiction and who determine what is and is not good therapy ignored the findings of both studies, instead lying bald faced about the findings to the American tax paying suckers who paid for them.

I'll take the word of a researcher w/ a masters in their field over that of a politician any day. And the researchers say that most of the people currently being treated for addiction in this country are not addicted to begin with and that the treatments offered are nothing but snake oil.

So what does it mean to have a masters in drug counseling if there's no proven method? Is that like the typical PhD; Piled Higher and Deeper?

Every man has a property in his own person.
This nobody has any right to but himself.
The labor of his body and the work of his
 hands are properly his.

--John Locke

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 30, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »
As I have said ,it is the fact that I was where most of these kids are now, is why i am good at what i do. Not because of my any drgrees.
 The one who cares

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 30, 2005, 01:55:00 AM »
Anyone could do your job, dumbass. You kidnap children and transport them. The only requesite is enough strength (or numbers), hancuffs or other restraints, and not caring about where they go, what happens to them, and just telling yourself you 'care' by doing it and youre 'doing the right thing'.

So, actually, I think its perfectly tailored for a dipshit moron like yourself.

I mean hell, now that Chi3 just got her daughter out, and we heard from her what he daughter had to say about CSA, why do you still keep up the charade, huh? Just too programmed to see the truth? What, the MOM HERSELF telling you the treatment was bullshit from her seeing it with her OWN eyes wasn't enough for you?

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins; all of them imaginary.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679728953/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> H.L. Mencken, 1923

[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2005-01-29 22:56 ]
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 30, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »
On 2005-01-29 21:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"As I have said ,it is the fact that I was where most of these kids are now, is why i am good at what i do. Not because of my any drgrees.

The one who cares"

Ya know...no one is denying that you are "good at what you do".  Obviously you are very good at kidnapping kids and carting them off to be incarcerated.  You seem to be very good at that "job".  THAT, oh kidnapping one, is the problem.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 30, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »
On 2005-01-30 07:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-01-29 21:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"As I have said ,it is the fact that I was where most of these kids are now, is why i am good at what i do. Not because of my any drgrees.

The one who cares"

Ya know...no one is denying that you are "good at what you do".  Obviously you are very good at kidnapping kids and carting them off to be incarcerated.  You seem to be very good at that "job".  THAT, oh kidnapping one, is the problem."

OK. this is getting ridiculous. :roll:

To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...
-- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 30, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »
Check the law

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile