Author Topic: WIld women and manic men: How straight affected our adult c  (Read 4813 times)

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
WIld women and manic men: How straight affected our adult c
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2002, 10:25:00 PM »
I am so sorry. I wish I had something wise to offer.I can only think that if you give her some time,perhaps you can mend it.

Six children...I hope that they are ok through all of this. :sad:

Good luck.

[ This Message was edited by: MommaDebi on 2002-09-18 19:27 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2002, 11:27:00 PM »
I hear ya' bro...
#1  Do NOT allow seperation physically with your children.  With no abuse/addction present, your rights are equal to hers.  If she is leaving town, file an injucntion until the case is sorted out.  File first.  You can always withdraw it if things work out.
#2 A woman who has decided to move a few hundred miles away with the 6 kids will soon enough become very tired.  She was married for 17 years too.
#3  You MUST survive.  Your kids will need you.  They would be best served with you present. Move if you can't or won't keep the kids.  If my X had the TRoll Patrol instead of me and moved, so would I.  My kids need me.  Fortunately that is why they live with me and think little of mom just fine on their own.  Avoid badmouthing or asking them questions, as it puts them in a terrible bind.
#4  Anyone who has loved someone in marraige and been through a divorce from that person can remember feeling the pain.  Hang in there.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2002, 12:26:00 AM »

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2002, 12:52:00 AM »
I appreciate your replies and concerns. I am speaking for myself now as I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not be sharing my eternal resting place with whom I married. It's over, end of story...
   I believe that parting now will be a complicated procedure for my children, but they are older and they will be OK. I am concerned and will participate in their support to the best of my ability at least until my youngest child becomes an adult. As they all progress into adulthood, I hope they don't X me out of their lives. I will surely be "leaving my light on" for them.
   I also will note now that I do not plan to discuss this over the message boards anymore. Any concerned parties should use a private email or phone call to discuss this further. Again, thank you for your support,

William Earnshaw, Sr. a.k.a. METALGOD8

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2002, 01:06:00 AM »
cuz the cats in the cradle with a silver spoon little boy blue and the man on moon

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2002, 02:21:00 AM »
MG8, Oh my God you and shelby are splitting???? I had the impression that you two had what I wanted! Perfect relationship. Shelby if you are reading this e-mail me if you want to talk.
    I hope you two make this work. 17 years is a long time and it had to be love to make it that long. My thoughts are with you and Shelby. And MG don't take this the wrong way but if this is your fault in any way fix it. You know it is not worth it to lose your family. Sorry if that was unwanted feedback but hey I am a female so well you know. I hope you can bring this back together. This is sad. :sad:
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2002, 07:58:00 PM »
and they will love you back.   Don't bad mouth their mom.  They will never forget that.  As a child from a divorced family, my parents never said bad things about each other and to this day, I appreciate it greatly.  BTW - I was on 1st phase when I found out my parents were getting a divorce.  This is how I found out.  I was stood up in guys rap and the staff memember said "Your parents are getting a divorce and it is your fault cause you were such a bad son you worthless piece of shit"  Then I was told to sit down.