Author Topic: Help! In St Pete Today Can't Find it  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Danny Girl

• View Profile
Help! In St Pete Today Can't Find it
« on: July 11, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »
Hi Folks,

My sister and I are in St. Pete today (we're from CA). We took Greg's directions- thanks - Greg! We drove past the mall turned right and looked at several warehouse-like buildings, but niether one of us recognize it. ( I was in the Seed and she was had to go to the Parent's Night while on summer vacation from College. Any one online now? Any address we could have? WE['re sitting at the Kinok's across the streat from the mall - and I ca come back her to check post.
We really hope to see it while here. For those of you who have lived here --it most be quite different. I'm shaking just being in the area.

Danny
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Danny Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »
Forgot to mention tht i was in the seed in the spring and summer of 74

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
Sorry I missed this post earlier!   If you come online, pm me and I will give you a number to call.

It is last I saw not occupied. One the westend there is a boarding platform -raised. To the right of that is double sliding HUGE doors.  the building essentially looks similar to when you were there...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
that was me.

GregFL

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »
GOOD LUCK

okay, this should help more

When you get to tyrone mall, get on 22nd ave north and go west. The first street past the mall you come to is  72nd st north go right (left is azelia park).  I believe the warehouse is at the corner of 26th ave north...there is another warehouse that should be occupied to the south of it, and the seed building is on the corner, and will be on your right.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr= ... name=&qty=

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »
Hi Danny G-
Tryone blvd is firectluy in front of one side of the Mall it cuts across at a diagnol in front, so imagine it is the long side of the triangle, you want to go down & go right on 66th street, take another right on 22nd ave follow this down to it looks like 72nd street, take a right here it should be right in this area? around either 72nd street & 26th ave ?? good luck, sorry I cant be more help, I am not the best with maps & navigation,

Chris

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »
Hey Greg
it's good to see I can read a map, you gonna be around tomorrow when I head back? brunch/ lunch?

Chris

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 08:13:00 PM »
yes!  I thought it was today, but tommorrow is just as well.  Come up us 19, and give me a ring!!!!!

Offline Danny Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 12:11:00 AM »
Dear Greg and Chris,

We stopped at the warehouse you both outlined... I even took pictures of this warehouse in case we could not return there before our flight back tomorrow. In retrospect, I am so grateful that we didn't immediately recognize the place, because i wouldn't have sent out, my 'help' post and would not have had this experience. This experiences that we Seedlings can help one another as we were never allowed to do in our youth. That our community reaches beyond the boudaries of our past expereinces is a true gift.

Our flight leaves late morning so we will be able to visit the same warehouse - knowing that this realy was the location of the seed. THANK YOU!!!

Greg, you mentioned in your post to 'pm' you and we could exchange phone numbers. I'm new to this forum, I have no idea what you mean. But I would love to talk with you anytime. I have read many post these past few weeks and so appreciate what you have contributed--what all have contributed. Thanks again Chris!

With Gratitude,

DG

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »
over to the left there is a bunch of red topics..one of them is "private messages".  click on that and search for my username.  You can privately communicate with me like that, or you can directly email me at [email protected].

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
Danny Girl, tell me something. How did it feel standing there taking photos of that warehouse?

Did it revive any memories of your time in the seed? If so, please tell us about it.

The first time I was there as an adult was about 13 years ago. My son was about 9 and on a competetive soccer team and he had a game at azelea. I drove down to St Pete and realized I was near the seed. I turned right instead of left at 72nd and stopped at the warehouse and just stared. My wife and two kids were in the car...finally my wife said  "hey, is that the place you were sent to when you were 14? I said yes but really didn't know what to say to her. I welled up a tear and left and didn't talk about it again to her, but it did have an emotional impact that I can't really describe.

I went there several  years ago with a former seedling and my sister, and also my friend wes Fager.  The former seedling lady became emotional remembering what happened to her and we all told stories to Wes.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »
Hey, I fixed the PM link in the profile page (button at the foot of each message) so that it defaults to the user who's profile you're looking at.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/188301123X/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>George Washington

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Danny Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 01:45:00 AM »
Greg,

Again, I thank you, for your help and for your posts. We?re back in California (my sister and I) and enriched by our experience of visiting The Seed, or I should say the 33,000 square foot warehouse that once housed The Seed. I would like to accommodate you and those reading these posts of my ?recovered memories?. And yet I have, through intensive therapies done for many years, recovered many memories. This forum has helped me to validate those relived memories that at times seemed too bizarre to be true. This can?t happen in America ? right?  Having delved into my own subconscious for many years, I found the experience of visiting this warehouse to be quite healing. For instance, in taking photos that I hope to post for others like me who live far from Florida, I came upon a large wooden beam upon the asphalt we once did our exercises. On the top of the old beam, was a luminous green sprout grew from a fracture in the wood. We are Seedlings, they named us such. The Seed is long gone. The warehouse is for sale. And we, like nature, endure.

There is much more to tell, like the connection and healing that my sister and I enjoyed. Because this tragedy of The Seed, did not simply change us, it also hurt our family members. There is much healing to do?

With Love, not the prescribed ? I love you? from the seed, but from a free and open heart.

Danny Girl

Offline Danny Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »
Ginger,

It's these 'behind the scenes' type of work, like making sure we can privately post to each other, that creates and maintains the community we enjoy. Thank you!
DG