Author Topic: The parents ...  (Read 710 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The parents ...
« on: January 02, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »
http://www.intrepidnetreporters.com/breaking8.htm

"I am not perfect and so could find many flaws with myself. It gave me a sense of power to blame myself for what was happening rather than to hold Don or Teen Help accountable. I was protecting those who were hurting me. It was so much easier to take all the responsibility for what was happening, because if I did not, I would have to start dwelling on the implications of how what I was experiencing might relate to my daughter?s safety.

"Listing my faults gave me a sense of control in a situation where I was really feeling out of control, especially in regards to concerns for my daughter?s welfare. Being accountable myself for everything that was happening, instead of holding Don and the program equally accountable, gave me a sense of empowerment. As strange as it would seem to me later, I started to experience emotions of joy and contentment. It was easier to focus on my "discovery" and my "magical inner child" than to realize that the situation was threatening and unpredictable. Much of the fear that I was trying to avoid, was fear of what may have been happening to my daughter without my knowledge in Jamaica. From my Seminar Defender perspective I had finally "gotten it" and the result was wonderful and euphoric feeling."

It's really not the money or that they're intentionally sadistic. They're manipulated.

Step 1. We came to understand that the government is powerless over people's private use of drugs and that the War on Drugs was making the government's life unmanageable.

--Scott Tillinghast

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes