Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > New Info

Sundown Ranch in Canton Texas

(1/4) > >>

Kathy:
Is anyone familiar with Sundown Ranch, Inc. a.k.a. Sundown Recovery Center (or Ranch academy) in Canton, Texas????? It sounds a lot like Straight, Inc

shawneesprite:
yes! It was between there and PCS for me. my parents sent me to PCS...
I haven't found a friend who stayed sober after sundown though.
seay center of dallas, tx sent a lot of people there.

Anonymous:
My 17 yo daughter is at Sundown Ranch for alcohol recovery. This is our first (and I hope only) experience with these services. My wife and I are physicians. We are TOTALLY impressed. They are superb. My daughter has done well and our family has progressed as well. Something none of the counselors at our institution were able to do. They just won a very prestigious JCAHO award. Having dealt with JCAHO for over 20 years, this award is a huge accomplishment.

If "in your face" offends you or you aren't serious, don't go there. If you want and are willing to accept help, it is a great place. It has totally changed all the members of our family for the better. By the way, it is not a chain. The Ranch Academy is their charter school that is a separate entity. This is done to maintain anonymity for those in school. Good luck.

Anonymous:
:grin: My 18 year old son was there for six weeks over five years ago.  What a great place!  He has been sober for over five years, has graduated from college with a BA in Psychology, and is working as a Substance Abuse Counselor.  Sundown was exactly what all of our family needed.

Anonymous:
Sundown Ranch is a joke. They escalate kids then medicate them. I witnessed this process firsthand and would NOT recommend this treatment cult. They have no coherent theoretical approach and their staff is only reactive. For an adolescent with a substance abuse problem, more yelling and screaming is pointless and money wasted on Sundown's brand of "treatment."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version