Author Topic: DOCUMENTARY FILM  (Read 9784 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »
The previous post is rediculous--and I will kindly leave it at that.

I am providing an outlet for everyone to tell their stories and work out their issues through the ambitious medium of film--instead of in obscurity on a message board.

I extend a personal invitation to whomever is making it their mission to derail the progress of this film to meet us for an interview, otherwise mind your own damn business.

*On an entirely different note, I just checked the junk e-mail folder at [email protected] and it was full of mail regarding the film.  I sincerely appologize to anyone who never recieved a response.  I will respond to all of those tonight.

Unfortunately, I assume that many older messages have already been automatically deleted over time--So please resend your e-mails.

-thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2005, 07:44:00 AM »
Hey you guyz GO FOR IT!!!!!!!
Hey son of sam...I mean serbia...who the hell are you? The power and potential of IdahoFlows project will never be dampend by clowns like you. Weather CEDU was "good" or "bad" doesnt relate to anything at all. I suppose you think you are all safe in your anonnimity....stop a moment and realize, you have NO personal info that anyone cant find, and  in 100 years does anything you have to say matter to any one? Put it on film and then re-think that. STRINGER

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2005, 08:25:00 AM »
On 2005-02-01 04:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hey you guyz GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

Hey son of sam...I mean serbia...who the hell are you? The power and potential of IdahoFlows project will never be dampend by clowns like you. Weather CEDU was "good" or "bad" doesnt relate to anything at all. I suppose you think you are all safe in your anonnimity....stop a moment and realize, you have NO personal info that anyone cant find, and  in 100 years does anything you have to say matter to any one? Put it on film and then re-think that. STRINGER"

I have no idea why this last post is directed at me as I haven't posted on this thread in a long time,nor have I made any efforts to "dampen" anything.  

Calling me a "clown" will get you nowhere,
"Stringer".  And if this is how you
feel about me, then why the hell
are so interested in who I am?

It is true that I have declined the producer's invitation for an interview, as is my RIGHT to do so...but, I've done nothing to discourage others from accepting this offer. It is not my place to interfere with the personal decisions of others.

That being said, this is the second time that
I find myself personally attacked by one of these "Idahoflow" people, apparently for refusing to participate in their film.

Among other things, this is highly unprofessional behavior to say the least...
which also leads me to ask myself:
"Should I discourage others from appearing in this film?"

For the record, my choice not to participate in this film had nothing to do with anonymity. I chose not to participate because I don't trust that my views will be accurately portrayed by individuals who feel that cedu "positively influenced their lives."

Remember that lots of things (footage) get "lost" on the editing room floor,
I don't want the entire point of my
commentary to be one of them.

.[ This Message was edited by: SON OF SERBIA on 2005-02-01 05:26 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »
First of all, thaks for your support Stringer.

Son of Serbia--
Stringer is NOT a member of my film crew.  I have been most professional and courteous in dealing with you.  The only time I ever directly adressed you was in the personal post requesting an interview after acknowledging your intelligence (see "Son Of Serbia.")

I have stated, and will state again, that I intend to depict individuals and their opinions as accurately as possible in the editing process.  
I don't answer to anyone on the cutting room floor.  If someone makes a point that I deem valid, or at least interesting, it will make the final cut.  This obviously entails the shortening of comments and the abridgement of anecdotes, but the content speaks for itself.

IdahoFlow -- THE PRODUCER, having deja vu.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2005, 09:56:00 PM »
hey. just checking how the film's going.
-JS

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »
The project is progressing quite well.  We will be covering California throughout the month of March - starting in the north and working our way south.  If you want to meet us, or will grant us an interview regarding your CEDU experience, contact [email protected]
-thanks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
Make sure you contact [email protected] to schedule an interview.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »
Do you plan on covering the slide into bankrupsy? Just curious.

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats---approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.
--Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom:

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline IdahoFlow

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »
The film will cover CEDU's entire history in great detail.

Offline NivekOgre

• View Profile
    • http://www.skinnypuppy.com
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »
Do you really advise people to disclose the fact that they were in these places? Don't you think it could hurt them in the future especially in the area of employers? Background checks are getting tougher and tougher and noone wants to hire an ex-druggie nowadays.

On 2005-03-26 15:05:00, Antigen wrote:

"Do you plan on covering the slide into bankrupsy? Just curious.

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats---approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.
--Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom:

"
o What

Offline IdahoFlow

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
That is up to the participant's disgression.  The interview process does examine one's lifestlye prior to and after attending or working at a CEDU program.  One can obviously choose to "pass" on certain questions, and although discouraged in most cases, we can take a number of measures to ensure an interviewee remains annonymous in the final piece.  Why don't I encourage annonymity do you ask?  It is often difficult for the audience to identify or empathise with an obscurred face or voice.  I will adress this issue with each interviewee individually prior to an interview.

As for your specific concern, on Monday March 28th at 10:13 AM PST, I have yet to encounter any proof/evidence of anyone being denied employment as a direct result of their envolvement with CEDU as a student, staff or otherwise.  This could change, but I doubt I'll remember to post it on this message board if it does.

thanks,
[email protected]

Offline OvenFresh

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »
Who is doing the documentary film???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »
I hope this film isn't biased about being aw great place in students eyes.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »
Of course it will be biased, who the fuck cares though...CEDU IS DEAD!!!
::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
DOCUMENTARY FILM
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »
Sometimes I feel like I'm repeating myself.  This film will be historical look at Cedu's history--not a positive or negative propaganda piece.  There will be enough opinions on each side of the fence to create an equal balance and maintain objectivity in that sense.