Author Topic: Atl. Straight Sibling Survivor.. anyone else????  (Read 2833 times)

Offline thewallpaperguy

• View Profile
Atl. Straight Sibling Survivor.. anyone else????
« on: September 13, 2002, 12:11:00 AM »
I've read through many of these stories and haven't seen anything about the beloved brainwashed siblings of Striaght Inc. I became a "Straight Robot" and in a matter of months, lost all my friends because I thought that they were "druggies" (God forbid). I had it pretty bad since my sister was eventually a staff member, my mom an intake co-ordinator and my father the staff psychiatrist.
  I survived an 8 hour intake interveiw at the age of 14. Luckily I lied my way throughthe ordeal and was relegated to the sibling squad though I was watched and "councelled" more so than the others because I was a "border line intake".
  I'd like to hear from other siblings and see how they're doing now that they 7th stepped.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Go figure, with all the great lessons I learned at Straight (yeah, right), I somehow fell through the cracks and in my late teens, I  proceeded to become a drunk, junkie and theif eventually doing a couple years in prison. Thankfully prison taught me wha

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2002, 12:19:00 AM »
My sis was 11-13 while I was in and she was a sweet quiet kid.  She was taken to two siblings raps and my mother recently told me they kept my sister away from straight to avoid the nasty and accusatory nature messing her up.  Thank god.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2002, 08:36:00 AM »
I couldn't even imagine the trama you suffered wallpaperguy with nearly your entire family being entirely involved with Straight. My heart goes out to you and happy you are a survivor.

[ This Message was edited by: ladyjerrico on 2002-09-13 05:37 ]
usan Minns

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2002, 07:04:00 PM »
I know what you're talking about, Wallpaperguy. My family got on the ride in the very early `70's with The Seed. I was around 6 or 7 then.

The only friends I was really allowed to have were the younger brothers and sisters of other Seedlings, of which there was just one who I got along with. We were great friends growing up, but both landed up in Straight eventually and that's really caused a great rift between us. Not that we dislike eachother, we don't. Just that so much of what we have in common is bad news.

My mom was the consumate Seedling mother. Every friday, Open Meeting, even after my youngest sister graduated and went off to college. Every Sunday, an hour's drive to go assemble sandwiches for Group. Every move I made was scrutinized to the umteenth degree. By the time I was around 14, I really did want to go into the Program just to get it the hell over with. Silly me, I thought a year was the limit and I'd be out of there.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2002, 02:48:00 AM »
Wall Paper guy, I think I know who you were  if you are referring to the Atlanta porgram.

Offline thewallpaperguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2002, 09:26:00 AM »
Who do you think I am? And would I remember you. If it helps My name is Adam and I was a sibling from 83' to 85' or so. I'd love to hear back from you if you wanna' talk.
Peace, Adam
Go figure, with all the great lessons I learned at Straight (yeah, right), I somehow fell through the cracks and in my late teens, I  proceeded to become a drunk, junkie and theif eventually doing a couple years in prison. Thankfully prison taught me wha

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2002, 08:38:00 PM »
It sounds like you are K. Mazurs younger brother, and I am James Lloyd, if I am correct then my Sister lived with you...I could always be wrong...

Siblings I would like to find:

The Cullinane kids, there were two younger brothers in the family, I lived with them for a while and they were great people, just curious what happened to them.

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2002, 09:08:00 AM »
They tried to get my older brother in because we smoked pot together and drank, but my parents wouldn't let them take him, i was the one with the problem. I wonder how they convinced them. Man, straight was a tough cookie to handle. I still can't handle them. I beleive they really suck bad.