Author Topic: Dicussions with parents about seed experiences  (Read 6060 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dicussions with parents about seed experiences
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »
Welcome Echothis.

Finally, another Seed inductee that did time at the house, pre warehouse.

Tell us some stories...please.  We know a lot about the later days but the early days are scetchy.

Do you remember John Underwood?

WELCOME!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline echothis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »
I remember John Underwood,  didn't he have sandy short short hair with pock mark face?  I do have to say I always have wondered about him.  Out of all those senior staff he was one I have wondered about.  Not sure why.  He was kinda quiet wasn't he?  Did you guys have the pink toilet hot seat?
It was PORTABLE  ha ha...  I really shouldn't laugh it scared the hell out of me. It's been oh 34yrs I guess so be patient with me, since finding this site alot has come back to me and I know I'll remember more.
harter Member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy

Offline echothis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »
Oh yeah I guess the reason I can't tell you much about John Underwood except what he looked like is I didn't get to know him at all.  He did lead rap sessions in the mornings I remember that. I saw him everyday for the nine months or so I was there but never talked to him unless asked a question.  Actually I remember he was the first one to ask me a question during a rap.  To recite a rule I think.   (I'm a chick)....  Whats the scoup on him?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »
Nothing really, just tring to determine how long he was there.

The toilet seat around your head. No, they didn't do that in St Pete, but that little "theraputic" piece of garbage was a DIRECT LIFE from the synanon.

Got any idea about who first suggested it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2004, 09:11:00 AM »
I'm not talking about a TOILET SEAT.  I'm talking about a PINK TOILET.  Don't know where they kept it when not in use but it was there.  and it was used.  One morning it was used on a young guy with long hair.  But the problem was he had a new seedling staying at his house with his family....
what a mistake......for him to get caught using.
But the problem for him was Art had come out to tell us that one of the Seedlings wasn't there that morning because he had committed suicide.  Well this kid got  everything coming to him that they couldn't give to the dead guy. (my feelings).  The whole thing was very very very sad.....so they took this young guy, pulled down his pants, sat him on this pink toilet that they set on a table so everyone could see.  Then they cut off his hair.  He cried, and fought until he submitted which was it seemed a lifetime. At present my stomach hurts from remembering.  The young man who committed suicide was a very quiet person, I'm not sure what his story was but he went to his sister's apartment and put a gun to his mouth or head. He was around 19 years old.

Offline echothis

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »
woops, I forgot to login....
Back to John Underwood, did I describe him right, is that the guy I remember?  You guys didn't have the hot seat?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »
no hot seat.  We just got stood up and reamed by 700 to 1000 kids for little things like
"not appreciating the seed" or whatever.

As far as how John looked, I was 14... he was mid 20s.

He looked old to me.  This is one of the points. He was much older and wiser than the rest and I wonder if he came up thru the "ranks" like everyone else.

Offline echothis

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »
I was 14 too when I was sent there..  Got put in there because my sister's friend called a bomb scare into Pompano Beach High where we went.  Some how thru all that we got put in there too.  

Anyone out there from Pompano Beach High that lived in LightHouse Point?  

Shelley P.  where are you... remember the great times we had at the farm in the summers in Ohio.  

As a side note... don't you love this emotion? ::puke:: I know I won't have to use it on this site but I still think it's funny.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 07:25:00 AM »
::drummer::  :oops:  :razz: there are alot of good one's sorry I had to try them out.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »
its like trying to pick out greg in a year book :grin:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2004, 08:26:00 AM »
DAMN is there some bad hair in that BA yearbook!!

:grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »
On 2004-12-12 06:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'm not talking about a TOILET SEAT.  I'm talking about a PINK TOILET.  Don't know where they kept it when not in use but it was there.  and it was used.  One morning it was used on a young guy with long hair.  But the problem was he had a new seedling staying at his house with his family....

what a mistake......for him to get caught using.

But the problem for him was Art had come out to tell us that one of the Seedlings wasn't there that morning because he had committed suicide.  Well this kid got  everything coming to him that they couldn't give to the dead guy. (my feelings).  The whole thing was very very very sad.....so they took this young guy, pulled down his pants, sat him on this pink toilet that they set on a table so everyone could see.  Then they cut off his hair.  He cried, and fought until he submitted which was it seemed a lifetime. At present my stomach hurts from remembering.  The young man who committed suicide was a very quiet person, I'm not sure what his story was but he went to his sister's apartment and put a gun to his mouth or head. He was around 19 years old."

Echothis, can you please clarify this story. It is not clear who committed suicide and his relation to the kid on the pink toilet. Sorry, the story seems to be missing some parts. Thank You.

Tell us more about the original house, please. Your story is very interesting.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »
perhaps the kid that committed suicide was the same kid that's story has been told earlier here?  In the SDF somewhere there is a post by Surfdal where he went to pick a kid up and his mom told him he wouldn't be going to the seed that day.  Surfdal asked if he was alright and the mom said "yes, he's dead he killed himself, and shut the door. Surfdal told me they relentlessly would come down on this guy for nothing, that he was a quiet guy and Surfdal had warned them it was too much on him.  I wish surdal would come back and post because I am working from memory here.

In any event, we need to hear more about this tragic string of events.  This is the first I have heard about the "pink toilet" but I have heard they used to put a toilet seat around your neck and make you wear it to show you were "full of shit".

Unreal that this stuff really went on and that we were unwilling participants in this type of abuse.

Unreal.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »
Okay, here is the original post from Surfdal about the suicide. Echo, is this the same story, was the kid named Jimmy?

" ill be damned..a board for former indoctrinees.. im totally freeked
..was forced by court into seed at age 17....spent about 1 yr there,,started over several times befor i finally escaped(which meant leaving my family... alienating them forced to abandon my 2 younger brothers..paranoid and frightened i witnessed many days of bizarre mind control and force automaton thought at the hands of art barker and his cronies..at age 48 i can still call up the that horror in a seconds less-than-nostagalgic flash recall of those clockwork orange type experiences..the worsty of which involved a gentle soul named jim, a young man who was brought into the seed from jail by the order of the court at the same time i was..and whom eventually rode with me to the incessent daily harrassment..now jim was a very shy reserved and probably emotionally disturbed young man with some obvious problems that i guess art barker and crew thought they could effect by their sledgehammer technique.and i warned them to lay off jim ..it was making him worse..i was withdrawing further into himself..he wasnt capable of withstanding shotgun harrassment from a large group of people..and it ended for him the day i stopped by to pick him up and we were informed that jim wouldnt be coming to the seed that dayby his mother..she said "jimmy went around the side of his house and shot himself today".. we were stunned and inquired if he would be ok ..to which his mother replied in tears "yes he'll be ok..he died"...so this is kinda a requiem to my friend jim....just one of the most drastic of results i personally saw or experienced at the hands of those..." DOPE THAT STARTS WITH D ,THAT RHYTHMS WITH P..THAT STANDS FOR POOL" MUSIC MAN WANNA BE.. HUSTLERS..IT ANGERS ME TO THIS DAY THE WAY THEY USED FEAR TO MANIPULATE MY PARENTS TO GAIN FINANCIALA ND SOCIAL POWER funny part was ...art barker couldnt even quit smoking cigerettes himself..tried for mths..and what a lil asshole he was too ..ill never forget that place..etched into my nightmares thanks for the chance to vent yall..peace and light..end the drug war!! "

Offline echothis

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2004, 07:18:00 PM »
I'm 48 yrs old and that's what I remember.  I do believe his name was Jim that sounds right.  Sorry if the story went together but that's how it happened.  

First the young man with the long hair was being reamed then Art comes out with the news of the suicide, shortly there after here comes the hot seat and they cut this young mans hair after pulling down his pants and making him sit on the hot seat.  It all happened together.   I have to say the time that I spent there that day was the worst.  I never told my parents. I don't think my sister did either.  In fact we have never spoken of it together that I can remember.  I guess we tried to block it out. :skull: