Author Topic: Love and Acceptance in the Seed  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Jimmy Cusick

• View Profile
Love and Acceptance in the Seed
« on: December 05, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »
Hi fellow seedlings,

I have been looking at the bright side of my seed experience and am attempting to "fast forward" the 14 months and 17 days during which my attitude changed tremendously (for the better). I felt as though I were a part of an incredible creation called The Seed that was going to change the world. Our job was to "carry the load " and set an example for other druggies. Although we didnt talk to them they were welcome to be a part of "US".

I have become very familiar with Drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers and Half-way houses.(been there, done that) At no time in the experiences that Ive had since I went through the seed in 74, 75 have I felt the love and acceptance that I felt deeply and repeatedly from staff and countless seedlings. Obviously It was neccessary to behave the right way and say the right words when in groups but the purpose of our "brainwashing" was to support our changing our attitudes which by the way werent acceptable ( mine wasn't)

I truly wish I were in a place similiar to the seed where I could share my "feelings" and talk about how I really feel in my heart and soul. The life I presently live which now includes A. A. is very superficial when compared to my days in Broward County. My acquaintances appear shallow in comparison.

Does anyone else have similiar memories from our days gone by in the seed? Let me know.

[email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 11:28:00 PM »
Well yes. I remember that whole glowey, glorious "we're going to save the world" trip. But then I turned 10 or so and realized it wasn't real.

Jimmy, I'm not kidding you. The whole thing was a Utopian pipe dream. The real world might not be quite as sublime as all that. But it's real. You don't lose it or get shunned for failing to smile blithely and agree w/ whatever lunatic notions the cult leader spouts off about today.

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »
Jimmy, the idealism you felt at the Seed was within you. It's still there, I hope you find a way to connect with it. There are so many good and loving people in the world, if you can connect with that in yourself you will discover it all around you.

From your postings, I believe you are an intelligent, sensitive person. If you feel lost now, you won't have to be forever. But it's not easy.

I too miss the commraderie we felt at the Seed, but the Seed itself has split up and people have gone their separate ways. You will have to find something else to ground yourself, but again, I believe that whatever you need is already a part of you.
ally Gator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »
On 2004-12-06 08:03:00, cleveland wrote:

"Jimmy, the idealism you felt at the Seed was within you........

You will have to find something else to ground yourself, but again, I believe that whatever you need is already a part of you."

:nworthy:  :nworthy:  :tup:  :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »
Hi Jimmy,

I know someone who was in the Seed WAY back in the 70's.  

Were you in building on 84?

Does this song ring a bell??
  "  THE SEED INDEED IS ALL YOU NEED
     TO STAY JUNK AND THE PILLS AND THE WEED
     YOU COME EACH DAY FROM 10 TO 10
     AND IF YOU SCREW UP YOU COME BACK AGAIN" sung to the GREENSLEVES tune.

Do you remember anymore of the words??

I was in LIFE in the 80's ad can remember a VERY similar feeling in the group there.  In fact, my best friend today I met there (at age 16) and we live on opposite ends of the country now.