Author Topic: Cults and Conspiracies  (Read 4999 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Cults and Conspiracies
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »
On 2004-12-07 08:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Stripe I agree with the Gator-

But I was just thinking about attending Cathloic School from Kindergarten through 9th grade - I had Nuns Priests and Brothers. There was a certain strictness that I also experienced there and at the Seed.  The nuns were very controlling and you were definatly limited to certain bathroom times.  I recall having to sit up straight looking foward with my hands properly folded on top of the desks.  We would march in straight lines 2 even rows boys & girls seperated to and from morning Mass and the same for lunch.   Boys and girls played seperatly organized.  We had to raise our hands if we had a question.  At the water fountain the moniter would count to five and the water fountain time was up.  We all even dressed alike.  Yes I think this was very controlled but it was for disapline and organization.  We were also instructed in the 7th or 9th grade not to masterbate or play with ourselves. I do not think this was a cult.  

At the Seed there was alot of discipline and rules and organization.  I needed this.  No I did not need abuse or belittling.  I must admit I was on a couple of occasions treated harshly.  Should I call this abuse?  I was even yelled at one day for missing a catch at baseball and I was apoligized to the next day for it. I was also loved more & felt it more than anywhere else I had ever been.  I needed it desperatly.  

I think everyone in a lifetime yells at there spouse kid or even pet and feels guilty about over doing it and yes as human beings no one is perfect.  I just think I got a hell of alot out of the whole experience.

I was never in the military but I kind of have an idea of what it was like.  I also know about the comradery I felt at the Seed as well. "

DAMN fine post, even tho disagree with your conclusion.

What can I do to talk you into a user name? After 92 posts, don't you think it is time?

:idea:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cults and Conspiracies
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »
the comparison to catholic school is relevent since many at seed were 30, 40, and even 50 years old at that time of my life i did not need anyone to tell me (years after graduating) not only how to sit, but i certainly did not need someone to tell me who to dat and how to date, where i should go, who i should go out with, what career decisions i shuld or should not make, that i was less than some of my peers, simmly becuase some had more money than me . . .and most importantly, in many cases the love was an empty attempt at obigation so you did the "right thing" by someone, so you wouldn't be yelled at than a true unconditional love that love from the heart and not greed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cults and Conspiracies
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »
JA is that you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cults and Conspiracies
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »
On 2004-12-07 10:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2004-12-07 10:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"the comparison to catholic school is relevent since many at seed were 30, 40, and even 50 years old at that time of my life i did not need anyone to tell me (years after graduating) not only how to sit, but i certainly did not need someone to tell me who to dat and how to date, where i should go, who i should go out with, what career decisions i shuld or should not make, that i was less than some of my peers, simmly becuase some had more money than me . . .and most importantly, in many cases the love was an empty attempt at obigation so you did the "right thing" by someone, so you wouldn't be yelled at than a true unconditional love that love from the heart and not greed. "

"

intereesting points we weren't children in some school catholic school, but we were told what to do at the whims and convenienes of several others

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Cults and Conspiracies
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »
By your writing style I believe you are new. IF that is so, welcome to the SDF. PLease tell us a little about your time there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cults and Conspiracies
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 11:01:00 AM »
It seems each decade or mini-era of seed group has different yet similar issues. when the seed was more of a factory-turning out and over the front row to graduates, as to the 80's where one became part of a somewhat 'missonless'[ very limited newcomers to focus on] aging cult. The new anon seems to be from the 80's [as I am ] I still find it hard and sad to think that we gave over everything to be 'loved' approved of.  whilke back there were some amazing posts about the final days of the seed- I hope that thread returns. Those days hold many clues/answers for all of us. Or at the very least the truth.  I also think it is interesting [and at times unfortunate to read some of the come downs when people post- like sitting in a bad rap. I would hate to become that which I fled. Dialogue is healthy , demeaning people is just demeaning, as it was at the seed.
I respect all the time that people have invested in this site, I just hope they are able to get what they intended out of it....

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Cults and Conspiracies
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »
Hey, I agree with you 100%!

In spite of some rough spots, I think this site has so much value for all of us, no matter what our current opinion of the Seed is. Eventually I think many more of us will choose to share our stories here, learn from each other and take home some new lessons.

Peace,
ally Gator