Author Topic: Narrowly Escaped, but not the 12 Steps  (Read 7005 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Narrowly Escaped, but not the 12 Steps
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »
and you can reach me at [email protected]

i am not much of a reacher sad to say....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »
On 2004-12-03 05:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2004-12-02 22:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"One anonymous said

Seriously, though, any institution that uses the methodology of AARC in violation of every civil rights law in the book should not be tolerated in a free and democratic society, but then, what do I know?   "

You are correct - What do you know? If AARC is violating civil rights laws call the police, or file a suit. If there is one thing I find difficult to stomach, it is baseless accusations being thrown around. If you are so indignant, then do something! Prove that AARC is such a terrible place in court. So far no one has had the guts to try that."

Well:
Try this on
Physical restraints
Lock-up without any court order
Duress -- having consents signed under threat.

And besides, the most frequent violators of young people's charter rights are police.  Why would a young person, made to feel fearful, go to the very people they see as supporting their custodians for help only to see it thrown back at them ---SHEESH

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
On 2004-12-03 15:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"One anonymous said

Seriously, though, any institution that uses the methodology of AARC in violation of every civil rights law in the book should not be tolerated in a free and democratic society, but then, what do I know?   "

You are correct - What do you know? If AARC is violating civil rights laws call the police, or file a suit. If there is one thing I find difficult to stomach, it is baseless accusations being thrown around. If you are so indignant, then do something! Prove that AARC is such a terrible place in court. So far no one has had the guts to try that."

Well:

Try this on

Physical restraints

And besides, the most frequent violators of young people's charter rights are police.  Why would a young person, made to feel fearful, go to the very people they see as supporting their custodians for help only to see it thrown back at them ---SHEESH

"

OF COURSE! (he slaps his head) The far reaching, all encomassing conspiracy! The Cops! The Provincial Government! A treatment centre where a provincial crown prosecuter had not one, but two of his kids in treatment! Where a long time RCMP officer had his kid! Where two prominent psychologists had their kid (me)!
And speaking of me - No physical restraints, no duress to keep me there, and I was free to leave any time.
I reiterate - more baseless accusations being thrown around

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »
On 2004-12-03 16:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

OF COURSE! (he slaps his head) The far reaching, all encomassing conspiracy! The Cops! The Provincial Government! A treatment centre where a provincial crown prosecuter had not one, but two of his kids in treatment! Where a long time RCMP officer had his kid! Where two prominent psychologists had their kid (me)!

And speaking of me - No physical restraints, no duress to keep me there, and I was free to leave any time.

I reiterate - more baseless accusations being thrown around"

And we all know that "prominent" people are far beyond reproach.  :roll:  :roll:  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »
That's it!? Good lord.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »
yeah, that's it.  No point in having a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »
oh, I've got both arms alright! now you're making fun of amputees. shame! shame!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »
On 2004-12-03 16:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2004-12-03 15:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"One anonymous said

Well:

Try this on

Physical restraints

"

I reiterate - more baseless accusations being thrown around"

So give everybody wh has ever been in AARC a questionare based on the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms particularly:
 7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.
Search or seizure       8. Everyone has the right to be secure against unreasonable search or seizure.
Detention or imprisonment       9. Everyone has the right not to be arbitrarily detained or imprisoned.
Arrest or detention       10. Everyone has the right on arrest or detention

a) to be informed promptly of the reasons therefor;
    b) to retain and instruct counsel without delay and to be informed of that right; and
    c) to have the validity of the detention determined by way of habeas corpus and to be released if the detention is not lawful.

Proceedings in criminal and penal matters       11. Any person charged with an offence has the right

a) to be informed without unreasonable delay of the specific offence;
    b) to be tried within a reasonable time;
    c) not to be compelled to be a witness in proceedings against that person in respect of the offence;
    d) to be presumed innocent until proven guilty according to law in a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal;
    e) not to be denied reasonable bail without just cause;
    f) except in the case of an offence under military law tried before a military tribunal, to the benefit of trial by jury where the maximum punishment for the offence is imprisonment for five years or a more severe punishment;
    g) not to be found guilty on account of any act or omission unless, at the time of the act or omission, it constituted an offence under Canadian or international law or was criminal according to the general principles of law recognized by the community of nations;
    h) if finally acquitted of the offence, not to be tried for it again and, if finally found guilty and punished for the offence, not to be tried or punished for it again; and
    i) if found guilty of the offence and if the punishment for the offence has been varied between the time of commission and the time of sentencing, to the benefit of the lesser punishment.

Treatment or punishment       12. Everyone has the right not to be subjected to any cruel and unusual treatment or punishment.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2004, 09:46:00 PM »
And further:  how many people, having been told they are free to go any time do leave, are reported AWOL, and dragged back? .....

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »
I was denied access to a lawyer or any other outside help. I was not court ordered or given any form of trial. I was denied access to mail, email, or telephone and had no way of accessing any outside help. I was not allowed to physically leave the building, and those who tried to walk out of the building or host homes were physically restrained (usually by having everyone present sit on the person). I was subjected to cruel and unusual punishment. Such acts of this punishment would be:

Being kept isolated from society and loved ones.
Denial of ability to continue education or work.
Denial of efficient sunlight and exercise.
Denial of proper movement (being forced to sit in only one position with feet flat on the floor and hands straight down aside, unable to move at all)
Being denied water.
Being denied to speak of my religious beliefs, attend religious functions, or read material about my own religion.
Being forced to stand in one place for an extended time period.
Being denied access to doctors while suffering serious illnesses.
Suffering verbal degradation and hostility.
Being denied proper clothing to keep warm outdoors and inside unheated area's of the building.
Denial of time alone, even under supervision.
Being forced to partake in regressional therapy for extended periods of time.
Forcibly being subjected to graphic discussion of sexual abuse, rape, prostitution etc, and being forced to partake in this discussion (as a child).  

I list these things because they disobey basic human rights, however they are certainly not the worst things that I witnessed or experienced in AARC.

Offline BigJoshuaP

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »
On 2004-12-03 19:35:00, velvet2000 wrote:

"I was denied access to a lawyer or any other outside help. I was not court ordered or given any form of trial. I was denied access to mail, email, or telephone and had no way of accessing any outside help. I was not allowed to physically leave the building, and those who tried to walk out of the building or host homes were physically restrained (usually by having everyone present sit on the person). I was subjected to cruel and unusual punishment. Such acts of this punishment would be:

Being kept isolated from society and loved ones.

Denial of ability to continue education or work.

Denial of efficient sunlight and exercise.

Denial of proper movement (being forced to sit in only one position with feet flat on the floor and hands straight down aside, unable to move at all)

Being denied water.

Being denied to speak of my religious beliefs, attend religious functions, or read material about my own religion.

Being forced to stand in one place for an extended time period.

Being denied access to doctors while suffering serious illnesses.

Suffering verbal degradation and hostility.

Being denied proper clothing to keep warm outdoors and inside unheated area's of the building.

Denial of time alone, even under supervision.

Being forced to partake in regressional therapy for extended periods of time.

Forcibly being subjected to graphic discussion of sexual abuse, rape, prostitution etc, and being forced to partake in this discussion (as a child).  

I list these things because they disobey basic human rights, however they are certainly not the worst things that I witnessed or experienced in AARC.

"

Being kept isolated from society and loved ones.| Did you not see your family Tuesdays and Fridays?--then Every night  go home after step 3?

Denial of ability to continue education or work.| On level three you are allowed to?

Denial of efficient sunlight and exercise.| I guess the weight room, pingpong table and handball court never saw any use from you...

Denial of proper movement (being forced to sit in only one position with feet flat on the floor and hands straight down aside, unable to move at all)|  Uh huh, simliar to public school... sitting, usually with your feet on the floor, hands on the desk... you poor thing!

Being denied water.| Im sure after the 20th time inside of 5 minutes that you complained for it...someone eventually said "enough is enough"

Being denied to speak of my religious beliefs, attend religious functions, or read material about my own religion.| You weren't denied it, people just didnt want to hear it.

Being forced to stand in one place for an extended time period.| This might seem as a low blow...but is it not better than where you were standing for hours on end BEFORE you went into treatment?

Being denied access to doctors while suffering serious illnesses.| And what would those be?

Suffering verbal degradation and hostility.|Give examples... I am curious... were you being a bitch and someone told you to quit it?

Being denied proper clothing to keep warm outdoors and inside unheated area's of the building.| Why didnt you put on a jacket?

Denial of time alone, even under supervision.| Well God forbid you get enough time alone to commit suicide... we all know no one would EVER do that...

Being forced to partake in regressional therapy for extended periods of time.|You never had to say anything... think about it.

Forcibly being subjected to graphic discussion of sexual abuse, rape, prostitution etc, and being forced to partake in this discussion (as a child).  |Is that something you would want to hold on to? Really...
Jess I think you are digging in the dirt to find ANYthing you can to complain about the place.. and rightly so... I guess... I have grievances too, here they are:
1.)Was not able to smoke until level 3
2.)Couldnt phone my ex-girlfriend for phone sex purposes
3.)Wasnt allowed to drink while in treatment
4.)They fed me too well
5.)They worked me through some of the worst things I did/went through in my life
6.)Wouldnt allow me to stay in contact with the people I did drugs with/drank with/kept me sick
7.)Made me have a conscience about the things I did that were hurtful/unethical.
8.)Forced me to reckon with my past
9.)Stopped me from either dying/going to jail
10.)Continuously encouraged me to aim high, do my best at life and succeed.
11.)Gave me the best friends I could ever have
12.)Gave me the ability to stay sober for 8.5 years and help others.
You can go ahead and call me brainwashed... but that in itself would hold no ground... I have been graduated from there for 7 and a bit years... if there was to be any unwashing of my brain...it would have happened by now. Granted that I am likely not the model graduate... I believe in and back that place 110%. Get away from the politics people... Why would I blame any failures that I have encountered in recovery ...on the place that gave me the opportunity to have them in the first place? Hey, I was turned down by the University of Oklahoma for football...damn that aarc place. :roll: the simple fact that I could apply at a div one school was amazing.. When I get finished a science major... if I dont score well on the Mcat.. maybe it will be Aarcs fault too? Yeah, it was a hard program...but it produces quality results, it did for me and it did for a most everyone I can think of that I talk to.

I think a few of you suffer from a condition called "Cranial-Rectal Intisusseption" but don't fret... you are in the company of politicians and trhe ignorant everywhere (regarding the condition)

I will never devote this much typing time to this site ever again... I dont think. [ This Message was edited by: BigJoshuaP on 2004-12-11 06:41 ]
ou can bend the truth till it fits like a shoe, but your still lying.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »
On 2004-12-11 06:33:00, BigJoshuaP wrote:

Being kept isolated from society and loved ones.| Did you not see your family Tuesdays and Fridays?--then Every night  go home after step 3?

Seeing your family from across the room 2 nites a week does not constitute a visit, especially when monitored by an oldcomer so the child can't express him or herself.  And even after they go home, if they talk about any negative effects the program may be having on them the parents tell staff, staff stands them up and confronts them and then they're usually set back for daring to question the program at all.

Denial of ability to continue education or work.| On level three you are allowed to?

Yeah, AFTER your academics have been screwed because of being out of school for that amount of time.

Denial of proper movement (being forced to sit in only one position with feet flat on the floor and hands straight down aside, unable to move at all)|  Uh huh, simliar to public school... sitting, usually with your feet on the floor, hands on the desk... you poor thing!

No, in school you don't have to keep your feel FLAT on the floor, you can move or stretch if needed and use the bathroom at sane intervals.

Being denied water.| Im sure after the 20th time inside of 5 minutes that you complained for it...someone eventually said "enough is enough"

:rofl:  :rofl:

Offline BigJoshuaP

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »
On 2004-12-11 07:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Seeing your family from across the room 2 nites a week does not constitute a visit, especially when monitored by an oldcomer so the child can't express him or herself.  And even after they go home, if they talk about any negative effects the program may be having on them the parents tell staff, staff stands them up and confronts them and then they're usually set back for daring to question the program at all.

Yeah, AFTER your academics have been screwed because of being out of school for that amount of time.

No, in school you don't have to keep your feel FLAT on the floor, you can move or stretch if needed and use the bathroom at sane intervals.

:rofl:  :rofl:

"
LOL I read maybe three of your arguements...and saw enough...

I never had to sit with my feet flat on the floor.. hands flat on my knees...thats hogshit.

Schooling... LOL don't even...thats such a joke...Ill be going into first year sciences soon. I also know a girl who is contemplating med-school, and countless others working on degrees. yourpoint=moot.

hmm family..you spend 75% of treatment with them...you didnt even spend that much time with them while you were using... but nice try.

Tolerance and understanding? I dont want people yapping religious hogwash at me, nor do I to others... completely valid... keep trying though..

No...really...what serious illness? I saw a doctor 3 times in treatment...even saw a chiropractor once...time for you to find some ground here..

Albeit I do have a LARGE scrotal sack it is quiet sensitive:D ... people get told to shut up and get nailed for being bitchy.. deal with it.

Alone time/Supervision: I had plenty of alone time...I was in treatment close to the time she was... again, more fruitless dirt digging.

Sex/prostitution etc... make a child listen to it? or make a child who participated in that type of behaviour...work on it. It IS what can happen during drug and alcohol useage. For you to say otherwise proves you a fool.

Yeah, I can have those failures...instead of being in jail, or...in the bathroom at a club shitting myself. You have yet to produce anything worthwhile...good luck. heheheh you don't come across as a very insightful person:rofl: [ This Message was edited by: BigJoshuaP on 2004-12-11 07:41 ]  [ This Message was edited by: BigJoshuaP on 2004-12-11 07:46 ]
ou can bend the truth till it fits like a shoe, but your still lying.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2004, 03:57:00 AM »

in treatment

6.)Wouldnt allow me to stay in contact with the people I did drugs with/drank with/kept me sick

7.)Made me have a conscience about the things I did that were hurtful/unethical.

...Granted that I am likely not the model graduate...

Healthy associates? Ethical behaviour? Now we both know that you have secrets surrounding those areas. Quit kidding yourself, anyone who knew the TRUTH about you would tell you that you're a relapsed AARC-ite, hanging onto a false mask of sobreity and upstanding citizenship. Get honest. :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »
On 2004-12-12 00:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

in treatment

...Granted that I am likely not the model graduate...

Healthy associates? Ethical behaviour? Now we both know that you have secrets surrounding those areas. Quit kidding yourself, anyone who knew the TRUTH about you would tell you that you're a relapsed AARC-ite, hanging onto a false mask of sobreity and upstanding citizenship. Get honest. :rofl:  :rofl: Oh thats gold... an angry anti-aarcist grasping at straws...yet again... I am hardly surprised by that :rofl:  :rofl: