Author Topic: I Believe in Father Christmas  (Read 5561 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
I Believe in Father Christmas
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »
You must get yourself a new Bible - absolutly!
I am sorry you lost your family Bible; but you must get a new one. I'd be happy to send you one if you would allow me to. You can write me at [email protected]

Sounds like you've come through some hard times.

I'll remember you in Prayer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 08:42:00 PM »
Thank you friend. I hope you have yourself a very good holiday.

Our Bible reveals to us the character of our god with minute and remorseless exactness... It is perhaps the most damnatory biography that exists in print anywhere. It makes Nero an angel of light and leading by contrast.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory Of the Coming Of The Lord\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »
Sysyadmin, did you know Mark Twain was as delusional and schizophrenic as you are?

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »
Oh them? They don't have any idea of what reality is. Pity their philosophied disgrace. The only thing they see in the Bible is their own Personal loss of God in their lives. Let 'em bitch. They're freemason dogs. Totally without.

If triangles had a God, He'd have three sides.
--Old Yiddish proverb

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »
On 2004-12-02 18:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sysyadmin, did you know Mark Twain was as delusional and schizophrenic as you are?"

So I guess John Adams, Albert Einstein etc were all delusional and schizophrenic as well, huh?

The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity.
-John Adams, U.S. President

But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed.
-John Adams, U.S. President

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.
-Isaac Asimov, Russian-born American author

Faith is a cop-out. It is intellectual bankruptcy. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits.
-Dan Barker, author and former evangelist

Religion is a byproduct of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity?
Arthur C. Clarke, author

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism.
-Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »
There seems to be a lot of the 'God said it, I believe it, that settles it' kind of mindset here.  How sad.

Fear believes--courage doubts. Fear falls up the earth and prays--- courage stands erect and thinks. Fear is barbarism---courage is civilization. Fear believes in witchcraft, devils and ghosts. Fear is religion, courage is science.
-Robert G. Ingersoll, American politician and lecturer

We are the only species that is aware of our own mortality.  That's a frightening load to be saddled with.  How much easier is it to go through life believing that there is an all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful father figure up there looking out for us and who will take care of us after we die.  Comforting thought but born out of fear.  I liken it to the people who believed that Thor was sitting up on his cloud throwing lightening bolts down at the poor mortals because they angered him in some way.  They didn't know what lightening and thunder were, it was scary.  With Thor they felt like they had some sort of control over their fate.  If they behaved and didn't anger Thor then he wouldn't throw the bolts.  If they did, he would.  See any similarities???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »
All these people you are quoting are you? Don't you have a mind of your own and can't use your own brain? You are brainwashed my sick friend.

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »
I really can't believe all the fuss over the simple fact people celebrate xmas and want to steal it's true meaning in this "society". This place called Fornits' where all the dogs play and the swine trample. I'm glad not everybody here is like the moderators, because they must feel they are just running out of time, and have no faith in Jesus Christ.

Creationists make it sound like a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
--Isaac Asimov, Russian-born American author

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »
I'm not a moderator but you got the part about no faith in Jesus Christ right.

And for the anon who says I don't have a mind of my own, I posted those in response to the idiot who said that Samuel Clemmons was schizophrenic because he didn't buy into the religion bullshit.  I've stated my own opinions in my own language here many, many times.  Apparently you haven't bothered to actually READ what was written.  Selective memory.....seems to run rampant in religions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »
On 2004-12-03 10:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"All these people you are quoting are you? Don't you have a mind of your own and can't use your own brain? You are brainwashed my sick friend."

Did you not see my original thought after the Ingersoll quote???? :roll:  :roll: Guess not, so just for you here it is again:

We are the only species that is aware of our own mortality. That's a frightening load to be saddled with. How much easier is it to go through life believing that there is an all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful father figure up there looking out for us and who will take care of us after we die. Comforting thought but born out of fear. I liken it to the people who believed that Thor was sitting up on his cloud throwing lightening bolts down at the poor mortals because they angered him in some way. They didn't know what lightening and thunder were, it was scary. With Thor they felt like they had some sort of control over their fate. If they behaved and didn't anger Thor then he wouldn't throw the bolts. If they did, he would. See any similarities???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »
Let's say there once lived a man.  This man was a good man.  Worked hard, paid his debts, took care of his family, was kind to animals and children, tried to make the world a better place when and where he could, owned up to his shortcomings and tried to correct them, apologized and made resitution to those he felt he had harmed along life's way, saw the simple beauty in life and nature.  In general a good guy who lived a good life.  If this good man lived this good life and tried to right wrongs be they his or those he saw but did NOT believe in a 'GOD' of any kind then what is to become of this good man in the eyes of religion?  Because this good man believes in himself and his fellow humans and nature and the basics of right and wrong but does NOT subscribe to the belief in a supernatural being then this good man, in the eyes of pretty much every religion, is a sinner and not one of the 'chosen' people.  That's just wrong any way you slice it.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »
What roller do you expect to answer your question?

Look anon atheists - its fine if you don't believe. Fine with me, I mean. I don't want to argue with you about it.
Why does it so aggravate you, that I and others do believe?
Why do you so often feel the need to quote the founding fathers and Samuel Clemmons and Einstein?
What they had to say can no more sway a Christian, than a Christian quoting Christ, can sway you.
Jefferson and Adams and numerous others, were not Christian; although they allowed the popular masses to believe they were. Common among the secrete societies. They were in fact, high order Masons; And so, they were Luciferians. You will get talk like that from Luciferians.
Being founding fathers of this nation; or otherwise famous persons; doesn't make them correct in all they think , say or do. In my opinion they were simply deluded by the desire for personal power.
I don't know what was up with Samuel Clemmons. I know I have read just as many quotes that indicate a belief and trust in an all powerful God as of his dismissing the idea. Maybe the man was a bit off his rocker. I don't know. Maybe he too, was a Mason.
Einstein came to believe in God. He even felt he had proven the existence of God. But as far as I know, he never really made an attempt to learn anything about the nature of God; or what God's will might be.
Me, I believe what I believe, as firmly as I do, because of Biblical Prophecy. For me, its existence, and absolute accuracy, prove God is; and Prove Jesus is who He says He is. I agree with Peter: Prophecy is like a lamp, shinning in a dark place.
I look at the times we are living in, the miraculous re-birth of the Nation; the re-birth of the Language; the blooming of the dessert; the victory of the people in the face of overwhelming odds; the gathering together of the nations against Jerusalem - So many things - and I see Prophecy happening right before our eyes.
Israel is a miracle. The birth of that nation is a perfect example of something that was considered absolutely impossible, being foretold by the prophets, and happening exactly as they said it would. God said it, and so it happened. The fact it was impossible being no hindrance to God at all.
I believe this will be the case with the many prophecies concerning the second coming. I believe it will be exactly as the Prophets said. The suffering Lamb prophecies all happen exactly as the Prophets told us they would; and the Conquering Lion is on the way - and will return in exactly the manner the prophets describe.
The existence of Israel is a major indicator the day is fast approaching.
Keep in mind, no such nation existed for two thousand years.
Remember, the Hebrew language was dead. No one, any were, spoke it - until the Nation was re-established. First time ever, in the history of the world, a dead language was revived and spoken by a people. First time ever, in the history of the world, a dispersed people retained their national identity. First time ever, in the history of the world, a destroyed and dispersed nation was re-gathered and re-established.
Learned men, reading the Prophecies 60 years ago, said No way they ment what they said. It wasn't possible. God was talking about the establishment of the church or some such thing. The learned men were wrong. God had said he would do all these things and He did them. He will do all the rest just as He said He would.
If you want a list of the related prophecies, just write and ask.

Now - if you don't want to believe any of this - I'm not wanting to try and force you to.

All I'm doing, is explaining some small part of why I believe it.

Quoting Occultist who disagree with me will make no dent in the armor of my faith.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »
As I said before, I quoted those in response to someone saying that Mark Twain was schizo because he didn't believe.  The reason for the quotes was to ask if they believed also that some of our founding fathers and some very prominent scientists were schizo as well.

Believe what you want to believe.  If it helps you get through the day GREAT.  We 'atheists' were responding to some of the holier-than-thou posts that have been written here.  Why is it that you all can't have a civil, CRITICAL THOUGHT discussion?  CRITICAL THOUGHT being the operative words here.

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »
Blah,Blah Blah..........Why don't you qyote some of these people before they met their Death? "Last famous words" would be greatly appreciated. Leave BuzzKill alone. She's right about what she's saying and she saved my xmas. Just because you can't understand doesn't mean your fools, it just means you've never been tried by God and put to the test. God don't care if you don't believe in Him, He needs a joke every once in a while. After all He made everything in creation. Including mankind.   :smokin:

The weavers of linen and hempen cloth, ... may exercise their trades without paying any fine.
-- Adam Smith in The Wealth of Nations (chapter X, part II) notes:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »
On 2004-12-03 14:00:00, Charlie Brown wrote:

"Blah,Blah Blah..........Why don't you qyote some of these people before they met their Death? "Last famous words" would be greatly appreciated.

I really don't know how to respond to that because I have no idea what you mean.

Leave BuzzKill alone. She's right about what she's saying and she saved my xmas.

Don't have anything against her.  I'm glad she saved your xmas.

Just because you can't understand doesn't mean your fools, it just means you've never been tried by God and put to the test.

I never said I didn't understand the Bible and it's teachings.  I fully understand them, I just don't buy into it all.  YOU can't handle that so you ASSUME that I don't understand or haven't been 'put to the test'.  You have no idea about me or my life and whether or not I have been 'tested'.  If we don't agree with you then we just don't understand.  Just like if a kid "fails" at a program, it's not the fault of the program, it's that the kid wasn't honest enough or humble enough or WHATEVER enough.  

I guess this really is pointless because your resonses are exactly what I was talking about (God said it, I believe it, that settles it).  You can't possibly listen to critical thinking and reason of any kind with that kind of mentality.  I'm not suggesting that you give up believing, that would be ludicrous, I'm just asking for you accept that I might understand all of what you're saying and still disagree with it.  Can you do that?  Accept it without the qualifiers?  Because when you say the things you do "Just because you can't understand doesn't mean your fools, it just means you've never been tried by God and put to the test." you imply that if I would only be tested by God then I would see the light and realize that you've been right all along.  That is, essentially, stating that you are absolutely right without question and I just don't get it yet.