Author Topic: NATIONAL-LEVEL TV SHOW LOOKING FOR SURVIVORS  (Read 11241 times)

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
NATIONAL-LEVEL TV SHOW LOOKING FOR SURVIVORS
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »
Oooh I dont know..My story aint all that spectacular ...like I say I saw more shit happen to people around me I did enough to keep from getting sat on hehe...
  Hell I might if Girlfriend can come too....But Im not going alone thats for sure....
   Plus I got to carry methadone and dont feel comfortable travelling and leaving it in a hotel room etc..If that box disappears Id be in a fetal position laying in my own vomit unable to walk within 24 hours..

But I dont know I might,.,.,
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »
Did she call you back to confirm?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »
They are going to want you to cry...that show is all about crying...."Whaaaaaaaaaa"

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
    • http://360.yahoo.com/cleopatra2u
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »
    BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU GIVE TO WESLEY FAGER.  

THE INFORMATION YOU GIVE MAY BE USED AGAINST YOU IN WAYS THAT YOU CAN'T KNOW AND WAYS THAT HE WILL NOT DIVULGE TO YOU.
    After all Wes Fager has done to expose Straight, its predecessors, and its spawn, how dare anyone claim that Wes could be using any information given to him against them?  Obviously you have never looked at this man's extensive work, nor have you had the pleasure of dealing with him personally.
    FOR EXAMPLE, THE INFORMATION THAT SEVERAL SURVIVORS WERE GOING TO GIVE AT THE MORGAN, COLLIN, AND GILBERT WAS FORTUNATELY HELD BACK WHEN IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT MCG NEVER HAD ANY INTENTION OF TAKING THE CASE.
    I know nothing about this particular case, but I do have some knowledge of the legal industry and its processes.  Is it not possible that the firm in question decided, either before or more likely after reviewing information obtained in discovery, not to proceed with the case?
    Why isn't there a DIRECT contact for a "national level" show?!
    Humm, maybe they don't want to deal with the likes of the riffraff that post here.
    My story aint all that spectacular ...like I say I saw more shit happen to people around me I did enough to keep from getting sat on hehe...
    Ditto...  Hell, I'd love to take advantage of the free travel and hotel accomodations, but that ought to go to someone with a better tale to tell than I.  
    :wave:
he trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »
Notice how suddenly all the "people" who were claiming that this was bogus have SHUT UP?? :lol:

Offline whiterabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »
You know you're just used to your story. Weren't you only 12 or something when you went in? That in itself is horrifying. I look at my 12 year old son and think about him under those circumstances and it makes me want to weep.

I just emailed Wes that I'd go. I've not heard back. I am afraid of doing it but I want that story told more. Straight should never happen again.

That's not to say you should do it. Do what you feel comfortable with.  It could be very vulnerable.

But don't stay home because you don't think you were treated badly enough.

The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the Prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this.
--Albert Einstein, My First Impression of the U.S.A., 1921

traight Incorporated is a disease

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Pietra on 2004-12-12 03:03 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2004, 09:48:00 PM »
We have checked several records and find NO evidence there is any show whatsoever.  Those people who post that anyone has gotten in contact with them are not known by the more than thirty people in our group here.  

Please be careful when posting or giving any information to Wes Fagger and Ray or anyone else here, they not use it for your betterment.  

Remember that any statute of limitations that you have not exceeded can, in future, be used against you in any court of law.  We are highly aware of old timers here who get VERY busy whenever there are new Survivors who come out of their denial or submission.  They want your information!!!  Your information means that your statute of limitations are ticking as soon as you give it to them.

Please consult an attorney before giving any information on this site, and check all references. If they are not willing to give you the information you request...then follow your gut and you can't go wrong.

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2004, 11:26:00 PM »
On 2004-12-03 16:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Notice how suddenly all the "people" who were claiming that this was bogus have SHUT UP?? :lol: "

*sigh*  If only...

To the last Anon who posted:

While your advice regarding statutes of limitations is shrewd, it applies only to people who are interested in filing lawsuits in states that have such statutes.

From having been on and off these forums for several years, and having communicated with some of the people who post here outside of these forums, it is my belief that fewer people here are interested in pursuing legal action regarding things that happened in the past as they are in educating the public to prevent similar travesties from happening in the present and future...  The latter of which is Wes's aim in coordinating efforts for a possible upcoming talk show episode.

You say that you "have checked several records and find NO evidence there is any show whatsoever."  Have you contacted Wes?  Have you gotten the package of materials from the show that other, non-anonymous and thus more credible posters to this and similar threads have reported getting?

I am reluctant to bash you because, as I stated before, some of your advice could be well applied by individuals in certain circumstances.  But I don't understand why you are basically bashing Wes, and Ray Bradbury, two people whose efforts against Straight, its predecessors, and its spawn, are well-documented and well-intentioned.

Why wouldn't someone affiliated with a talk show contact someone like Wes Fager, whose website speaks for itself, when trying to recruit panelists?  To me that's just common sense.  What you are doing, well, that's just nonsense.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »
30? Damn! I think Sybal only had like a dozen or so...

People everywhere enjoy believing things that they know are not true. It spares them the ordeal of thinking for themselves and taking responsibility for what they know.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000051WYJ/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> BROOKS ATKINSON (1894-1984), Once Around The Sun, 1951.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline whiterabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2004, 12:31:00 AM »
We have checked several records and find NO evidence there is any show whatsoever. Those people who post that anyone has gotten in contact with them are not known by the more than thirty people in our group here.

Please be careful when posting or giving any information to Wes Fagger and Ray or anyone else here, they not use it for your betterment.

Remember that any statute of limitations that you have not exceeded can, in future, be used against you in any court of law. We are highly aware of old timers here who get VERY busy whenever there are new Survivors who come out of their denial or submission. They want your information!!! Your information means that your statute of limitations are ticking as soon as you give it to them.

Please consult an attorney before giving any information on this site, and check all references. If they are not willing to give you the information you request...then follow your gut and you can't go wrong.

Thank you for your concern. But I'm not looking to sue or win any lawsuit. I'm sure I'm well beyond the statute of limitations. I want to educate. Better yet if our efforts here resulted in real regulations and standards for the teen help industry then I'd consider it a success.......
You break my heart sometimes.

Here's freedom to him who would read;

Here's freedom to him who would write;

None ever feared that the truth should be heard,

But them that the truth would indict.

--author unknown (circa 1914)

traight Incorporated is a disease

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2004, 02:36:00 AM »
I agree with Pietra!

Stop minimizing your experiences..(Referring to the two posts before his) Isn't that what all victims of abuse do?

I was abused. It fucked up many years of my life. I'd like a chance to tell my story. Isn't that what we all wanted?????

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »
I believe Pietra was being sarcastic...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »
You're group are just not the type of folk that we would ever give any of our information to.  

If it's education you want to give to your community, open a Not For Profit Organization.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »
Done.  Where the hell have YOU been. :roll: