Author Topic: Springfield VA 1990 Clients and Staff  (Read 7013 times)

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
    • http://360.yahoo.com/cleopatra2u
Springfield VA 1990 Clients and Staff
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »
Anyone at this wharehouse during that time period? I was 16/17 then with blonde hair and blue eyes. My name is Ken. They stopped the motivating arm flapping bullshit soon after I got there.

Ken, my name is Mindi M. and I was in Straight-Springfield from March 1990 - June 1991.  I'm sorry but I don't remember you or very many of the guys for that matter, but we were in there at the same time.  I do remember some of the people you mentioned...

Staff member Craig S. married a client, Angie F., in the mid-1990's...  I got a wedding invite but didn't go.  I have no clue where they are now or even if they are still together.  I would not mind reconnecting with either of these people.

According to the Annandale AA rumor mill circa the time I left, staff member Mark G. got kicked off staff because he was seeing a client, Kathy V., while she was still on her phases.  I have no way of verifying this information, nor do I know or care where either of these people are now.

I was "on my phases" with client Heather M., who was from Pennsylvania and had brown hair and a sister in the program.  I have gotten this Heather confused with a different Heather, Heather R., who has posted on here.  The latter Heather, who had blonde hair, probably wondered what the hell the e-mail I sent her was about...  LOL, oh well.  I'd like to reconnect with Heather M.

I was also "on my phases" with Danny R. and was an oldcomer at his parents' host home in Mt. Airy, MD, among other places.  I found it extremely ironic that I got assigned there because his misguided but well-meaning father and domineering foreign mother were very similar to my own.  I'd love to reconnect with Danny and his family.

Elizabeth H., I remember you.  I got yelled at in group for brown-nosing to you because I used to send you little letters up the COC.  Ha!  Ha!  I was bored as f!ck in that place; why not send letters?  I sent them to you because you were one of the few people in that place who seemed to be based in reality.  I hope you are well.

Sophie/Kecia, I remember you too and hope you are well.

Scott D., I remember you from here.  Good to see you're still out there somwehere...

Shane Welsh married Julie Hodges and they moved to California.  She sent me a note, c/o my probation officer, telling me this some 12 years ago, while I was either in group home or foster home after leaving Straight (long story)...  I have not heard from either since but I would like to.

Well-behaved women rarely make history.[ This Message was edited by: Cleopatra2U on 2004-11-10 16:42 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
he trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Springfield VA 1990 Clients and Staff
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »
On 2004-07-29 16:17:00, Scott D wrote:

"Hey Elizabeth,

I remember you....you were on staff when I graduated in Nov of 89. I often wondered about you and many other people and how you were doing. I am still real good friends with Aaron Cohen and get together often. I stayed in contact with Jessica Friday on and off for years, but she just never was able to stay off the shit. It finally caught up with her in April and killed her. Sad.I hope all is going well with you. Give me a shout if you wish, would love to chat.

Scott Davis"

Scott,
Funny you mentioned Aaron.  I have popped in here a few times looking for something... what I'm not sure.  I was a short timer... maybe four of five long months.  I had never used drugs and had sipped a beer at a neighbors house once.  At some point I think I extended my drinking experience to me getting drunk.. maybe not; it has been a long time ago.  At some point I was accepted as a "dry druggie" by staff I guess.  I say this because staff stopped someone from blasting me when I got T&R or something during a rap... as I said it has been a while.   I also made 1st phase which was my plan to freedom.  

During my stay there, if I felt I had a friend in some weird way, Aaron was one of them.  At some point he told me that he actually believed me, which meant alot to me.  I was pretty young at the time, like 13 or 14.  I kind of buried alot of Straight, but I always thought kindly of Aaron and Andy, who was a tall red head.  On a few occassions they defended me, which I appreciated.  Ask Aaron if remembers some kid named David who did not have a drug problem.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »