Author Topic: Alternatives to Behavior Modification Facilities- The Educat  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Alternatives to Behavior Modification Facilities- The Educat
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »
***I guess I'm not clear either on why you think you know more about what this girls needs than her own mother.

It does happen that other people in a kids life DO know better than mom.
I imagine that most rational people would disagree with the mom who severed her daughter's arms last week.
There are varying degrees of distress and confusion, and when parents are distressed, they don't tend to make good decisions. Once they are being 'programmed' by a facility, it gives these scared and confused parents a sense of security. False security. In that someone else will 'fix' their problem; in feeling they are 'not alone' in their fear and confusion; in believing what the program tells them.
Some parents are weak. And kids should have the option of living outside an institution if there is another adult who would take them.
How could a judge rule that the kid needed a 'program' full of strangers with austere/ experimental methods, more than a caring adult's guidance? I'd say the judge is equally scared and confused.  :scared:  :???:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Alternatives to Behavior Modification Facilities- The Educat
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »
Thanks for being a decent and couragous human being, Hurleygurley.

But please don't feed the troll! It's pretty obvious to most of us what's going on here. You have NO idea how dearly so many of us wished for some sane adult like yourself to try and rescue us from these mindfuckers. Even if you're unable to get the girl out of the program now, please save news-clippings, cards and letters from friends and other tokens. It'll mean a whole lot to her later to know that people were aware of her troubles and doing all they could to help her.

All religions bear traces of the fact that they arose during the intellectual immaturity of the human race - before it had learned the obligations to speak the truth. Not one of them makes it the duty of its God to be truthful and understandable in his communications.
--Freidrich Nietzsche, German philosopher

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes