Author Topic: Do you remember when?  (Read 6447 times)

Offline A friend in FL

• View Profile
Do you remember when?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2002, 10:21:00 PM »
Hello everyone, Does anyone remember campaigning for Art? I don't remember what office he was running for, perhaps City Councilman. I recall traveling around the Hollywood area for two days holding up signs.

Also, does anyone remember "The Seedlings"? It was an acoustic band that played on a few occasions. Some, if not all of its members were as follows: Thom Mc., Gina P., Cheryl H., Tessie and Lourdes ( I can't recall their last name, only that they were sisters.) I remember playing for a wedding that was held where we had our raps.  However, I don't remember who got married. Could it have been Cliff? We sang two songs,"Sunrise,Sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof and "The Wedding Song".
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Do you remember when?
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2002, 11:18:00 PM »
I remember............................

Hiding behind the other's waiving arms while frantically waiving mine, trying to look motivated, but not wanting to be called on.

Being so sick. Not having a bowel movement for 14 days. My stomach all swollen. Staff accusing me of being pregnant. Finally getting a laxative (I needed a doctor)and then having to use the rest room with the door open at my old commer's house.

Dosing off in group and being poked in the rebs and told to sit up straight.

Being told on a daily basis that I was full of sh**, that I was a druggie a-hole, to get honest, to ask myself why, to get out of my head (quit thinking).

Getting laughed at after relating.

Being told to sit-down while I was in the middle of relating.

Having cigarettes provided to me by my parents to smoke while in the Seed and i was only 15 years old.

Being made to wait for ridiculous amounts of time before being granted restroom access and then having it all documented as i signed in to use the toilet.

Walking hand in hand with other girls.

Feeling abandoned. Being abandoned.

Getting mocked and pushed in the halls of School.

Looking straight into the eyes of my former friends and telling them I did not want to talk to them.

In girls rap, they would always make the same disgusting comment about a coke bottle. Anyone else remember that?

Being forced to eat a bologna sadnwich that had rancid, jelled mayonaise and gaging after each bite.

Being limited to 2 small cups of coolaid each day.

Throwing out all of my belongings because they were old druggie ties.

My oldcommer stealing my entire suitcase of clothes because they were old druggie ties.

Confessing to every drug that pot could possibly have been laced with. "I used pot, um...hash, hashish, acid, angel dust, speed, maybe rat poisoning.....um...codine...?"

Sitting in group and trying to practice making my face have a happy, glowing look.

Hearing girls confess to abuse, abortions and never seeing those addressed with counseling or even a kind word.

Exercising out on the HOT asphalt. Push-ups, sit-ups right on the hot surface. Doing the hokey-pokey for the old friends who were watching from accross the street and feeling utterly humiliated.

Getting all worked up to a frenzy in the Spree de Corps raps, or the Love raps.

Seeing my mom cry from accross the room at the open meetings and knowing she wanted me.

Being convinced I was powerless. Insane. Weak. Had no morals.

Writing Moral Inventories. "I am full of sh** because I don't care about anyone but myself, because I am selfish, because, because, because, because, because."

Watching in horror as a kid would randomly be selected to be 'come down on' and told where he/she 'was at'. Horrible discriptions for the boys when they would inevidably end up in prison. For the girls it was a discription of how much of a sl** they were and how they would end up as prostitutes. For both boys and girls, they were told they would be dead within a year if they left the program. These come down sessions always ended with "Love you!" from the entire group.

Having my inner self striped down to almost nothing and rebuilt with a lie. But guess what? A little peice of the real me survived and that is how I made it out of the cult.
                            LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
Do you remember when?
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2002, 05:33:00 PM »
I remember too. Thanks for the list, sure brought back memories.
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}

Offline DKM84

• View Profile
Do you remember when?
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2002, 11:14:00 AM »
yeah, I campaigned down on sunrise, by federal hwy, and by peaches, remember peaches, we'd hang out by nathans to eat.
he was running for congress. what year was that?
Yeah I remember the band, I don't think it was cliff's wedding though.
I remember thom real well. I was sad when I found out he died.
What elese do you recolect

Offline Somejoker

• View Profile
Do you remember when?
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2002, 11:22:00 AM »
Ginger's brother Thom, whom posts here occasionally but reads everything we post (Hi Thom!) was in the seedling band.

Art Ran for Congress right around 76-77. I remember being horrified when hearing that, but I was out and was avoiding the topic at all costs.