Author Topic: Top Ten Reasons We Need More Pharmaceutical Companies  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Top Ten Reasons We Need More Pharmaceutical Companies
« on: October 30, 2004, 04:59:00 PM »
The top ten reasons why the U.S. needs more pharmaceutical companies
by Mike Adams

1. Cures: We need drug companies to keep finding cures for major diseases. Look at all the cures they've found so far like... well...okay, they haven't actually found any cures yet. But maybe they can at least cure all the bogus diseases they made up like "social anxiety disorder" and "attention deficit hyperactivity disorder."

2. National Security: U.S. drug companies are crucial for protecting our national security by banning prescription drugs from untrustworthy
countries like Canada -- which we all know is just a rabble of war-mongering nitwits who invade third world countries for sport (and then lie about why they did).

3. The Economy: never mind that most pharmaceutical companies sell useless products at ridiculous prices. All that money changing hands
is great for the economy. You may be diseased, but think on the bright side: your Big Pharma stocks are soaring! (With all that money, you
might even be able to afford health insurance...)

4. Doctors: Without the pharmaceutical companies, what would all the doctors do for work? After all, most so-called "medicine" involves little more than scribbling out a prescription for the latest mass-advertised drug. Without drugs, doctors might actually have to TALK to patients. Horrors!

5. Ethics: With Enron gone, we need a new, national example of strong ethics that properly communicate the essence of American corporate
greed. Pharmaceutical companies could make Enron look like the Girl Scouts.

6. Political Fundraising: We need drug companies to support the re-election efforts of honest national leaders like President Bush who, as we all know, is crucial for protecting our civil liberties.

7. Publishers: Without drug company advertising, who would support all the newspaper and magazine publishers in this country? After all, many print publications are now little more than pro-drug infomercial rags dressed up to look like credible news magazines.

8. Patient Responsibility: Without drug companies shifting health responsibility away from patients, the people would actually have to
think for themselves and take control of their own health. That's simply too much to ask from a dumbed-down population where no child was left behind (except for the ones who were).

9. The Environment: Drug companies set an excellent example of fair and balanced environmental policy, which is why antidepressant drugs are now showing up in the water supply. Their new environmental slogan? "You take it, you flush it, we fuggedaboutit!"

10. The Elderly: Everybody agrees we need honest U.S. businesses to look out for the interests of our elders. Pharmaceutical companies handle this with finesse by taking over the full monthly incomes of most retired folks. It's a genuine public service.

List created on 10/29/2004 by Mike Adams, health columnist, NewsTarget.com
May be freely republished and shared, with proper credit. Please forward (with credit) to all who need a health-enhancing laugh. Find more health humor and health commentary at http://www.NewsTarget.com

Subscribe to get more lists like this one (and eye-opening articles about health) at:
http://www.newstarget.com/ntn-subscribe.html

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »
Youn know my back was just killing  me a few minutes ago and I happened to just have a script for that too. :smokin: What I really want is a script for hemp. Instead I get these crazy shrinks that won't even give me an anti-depressant worth a shit.

I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious theories of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God.
--Thomas Edison, American inventor

First of all you're not an inventor moderator and if your not in heaven you just might be in hell and not know it, or well on your way there. What do you mean there's no God? where do you think you came from? Who do you think made you? Oh I get it ou made god....awe...
Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory Of the Coming Of The Lord\"

Offline Antny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »
Natural cures they Don't want you to know about, by Kevin Trudeau.

http://www.calcompnutrition.com/natural ... udeau.html

This book is an incredibly eye opening look at the realities behind the pharmaceutical industry's stranglehold on America.  I highly recommend reading it.

Newsflash:  Recent research indicates that any act of kindness has the effect of instantly raising the level of seratonin in your cerebrospinal fluid.  That is exactly the desired effect of the antidepressant class (SSRI).  Not only is this true for the doer of the kindness, and the reciever of the kindness, but also for all witnesses of the act of kindness.  How about that for a Natural Cure for depression, Let's be kind to each other for a change!!!
etter a lifetime of dreams fulfilled than dreams of fulfilment.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 12:21:00 AM »
I also heard that MORE MONEY has a delightfully positive effect on depression.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... rt=0#56426

As does exercise, sex, laughing, watching sunsets, and many other completely safe alternatives.
Here's a pretty good middle of the road site:
http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/De ... causes.htm

And, time in nature seems to calm those rowdy little boys who can't sit in their desks for 8 hours straight. Seems like a better alternative to speed.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/li ... -headlines
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »
And, time in nature seems to calm those rowdy little boys who can't sit in their desks for 8 hours straight. Seems like a better alternative to speed.

And you avidly oppose Therapeutic Wilderness Camping...that's the whole point!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »
It is absolutely 'not the point' of wilderness programs. In fact, I think it is highly likely that many of the kids could make a negative association with nature due to their wilderness experience.

Have you read the stories of Michelle Sutton, Aaron Bacon, Ian August. That's three of 30 some teens who have died FUCKING NEEDLESSLY during their lovely excursions into the wilderness. They aren't there to 'chill out' honey.

I have native roots, so I absolutely believe that nature has a hell of a lot to teach. The idiots that run these camps don't have a clue how to create a positive experience that the kids can actually learn from and will cherish the rest of their life. They force march them until the are near passing out....take them out of their 'comfort zone'... and are so obsessed with enforcing the march that they miss vital clues from the kids. In Ian's case the emt denied her medical training and used the programs 'method for flushing out fakers'. She should be in prison today, but she walks free. How many programs that are still functioning have their own methods of 'flushing'? That's the lame-ass excuse they give in court everytime they kill one. "We thought he was faking".

There's the medical neglect, and then you have the cases where the 'counselor' was just plain ignorant and/or ill trained. Is there anyone who is familiar with camping who would allow a kid to set his damn tent up under a tree with branches heavily laden with snow? Duh! Or allow a teen to hike alone in an undesignated area?

There isn't one of the 30 something deaths (near 50 if you add boot camp deaths) that couldn't have been prevented.

Do your homework. These places are not like Outward Bound or like a genuine vision quest. I'd like to see the requirement that the parent take the program with their teen, since they are at minimum, equally responsible for the family difficulty.

There is no way these places are going to be properly policed. They're always in the fucking outback, most time on government land. What if there is a medical emergency? The emt with Ian didn't even have cold packs to treat his heat exhaustion, and it was the hottest day of the year and Ian began the trek low on water. And four hours from civilization. That would not happen if your kid was there hiking with Boy Scouts, or any other reputable organization. Think Outward Bound would deny a kids medical needs cause they thought he was faking?
Not that accidents don't happen, but when you're pushing kids beyond their limits in dangerous conditions, you damn well better be prepared for emergencies. I am honestly surprised that there haven't been more deaths.

Wilderness programs are giving nature a bad rap.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2004/1129/102.html

Do you really need all those prescriptions pills you are popping? Maybe not. There's a backlash building against the cost, risk and side effects of medication, and it's bad news for the pharmaceutical industry.
Wesley Miller was a walking medicine cabinet after undergoing triple-bypass surgery in 1994. By late 2001 he was on 16 drugs, including Lipitor for high cholesterol, Glucotrol for diabetes and three pills to lower his blood pressure. He couldn't walk from his front doorstep to the mailbox without doubling over in chest pain. At one point tests showed the blockages were back and that his arteries were too damaged to risk another operation. He thought he might die.

But Miller, now 65, a former hospital food-service director in West Virginia, discovered a lifesaver--not more drugs but a program of daily exercise, stress reduction, group support and a diet very low in fat and high in vegetables and whole grains. After seven weeks on this low-tech form of medicine, recommended by his doctor and designed by California health guru Dr. Dean Ornish, Wes Miller started to get better. The angina attacks faded. In eight months he lost 40 pounds. His blood pressure eased off, his cholesterol level fell from 243 to 110, and his blood sugar normalized.

Today the only drugs he takes are a daily aspirin and one pill for hypertension. He regrets that he didn't sign on sooner. "It has totally changed my life and given me reason to live again," he says.