Author Topic: THE FINAL GENERATION  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE FINAL GENERATION
« on: November 09, 2004, 10:36:00 AM »
I agree with Gref . . free / open discussion would be encouraged if we heard from those who lived at the compound or host homes for during the 80's and 90's, not just those who left the program and went back to thier families and communities. For some reason, certain people were let go without major pressure (besides the self-doubts they inflicted on themselves). It was like staff finally gave up on them and others were heavily pressured to stay and given priviliges above others. Maybe some of the people that lived through the 90's era can give a full description of what it was like to live in the host homes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
THE FINAL GENERATION
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »
Anon, from my understanding the Host home concept was gone. Instead, they were living in apartments and housing together...all roommating together and living in close proximity. THe newcomers went to these apartments and houses, not host homes staffed by parents. The seedlings were now in their 30s for the most part and didn't live at home but instead lived together as roomates.

Am I right here?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
THE FINAL GENERATION
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »
And the names not Gref.

:grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
THE FINAL GENERATION
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »
Gref, it is very hard to understand why the 90's gen. deos not speak up. Is there is a mystery? What was life like in the homes or apartmants and did any live in the compound? maybe there are some 90's gen. who read this? maybe some who read this were even there at the end? what was that like? there must be more than we know or if not they would answer>

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
THE FINAL GENERATION
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »
They are here anon. They are reading and occasionally posting. Nothing sinister was happening in the 90s the best I can tell. The average seedling was approaching middle age, refraining from sex, getting permission to date or marry, attending raps, working at jobs, hanging out at the beach on the weekend with other seedlings, and worshipping Art Barker as a hero.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
THE FINAL GENERATION
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »
Honestly, I have a hard time believing that nothing sinister was/is going on there. It's a closed society (present tense); a very, very tight-knit family w/ inordinate power vested in the heirarchy. Power corrupts, always, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

But I don't think these folks are anywhere near ready to lay it all out in public. Despite the fucked up aspects of the whole thing, they're still family to each other. It's different for those of us who were held against our will. We got out and were finally able to say what we really thought w/o retribution. It's more complicated than that for these people. I respect that. As much as I'd like to know how this story ends, I won't press for personal details.

One comment, though. I know some of you have family who, all these years later, still love you and need to hear from you. I've occasionally gotten calls and emails from family members looking for help--help I couldn't give them--in contacting you. I hope you'll get over the 'for us or against us' mentality and drop them a line once in awhile. I think you'll find that all's forgiven.

If you think yourself too wise to involve
yourself in government, you will be governed
by those too foolish to govern.  
--Plato

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Somejoker

• View Profile
THE FINAL GENERATION
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »
Here here Ginger. I think these people do need to know their family has been contacting us trying to get a breakthru. I get emails and phone calls from all over the country asking me to intervene on behalf of these long timers.

For god sakes, call your mother, your father, your "druggie" sister or brother and just talk to them.

As far as the anything Sinister, I still don't believe later on much was happening except absolute control over the devotees lifes in every manner, sexual, relationships, work...everything. I don't really find that Sinister just kind of sad for grown people to be so dependent on a closed society.

The seed did end with a big blowup like alluded to from the earlier poster. Feelings are deeply hurt and people are divided and confused...people that spent their entire adult lives dedicated to the seed.  This is a story I will not post about because it was told to me in confidence, but when and if the time is right, the story will come out. [ This Message was edited by: Somejoker on 2004-11-10 11:28 ]

Offline SLIM.1987-89.FL

• View Profile
Re: THE FINAL GENERATION
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 01:48:45 PM »
That is correct, Ya, We lived in houses with old comers. The houses were pretty nice. No one lived in apartments. I was there 87-late 89. There was about 70 seed kids. i was on the program for 2 years and 3 months.