Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Dantari

• View Profile
Hello again
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:13:55 PM »
Hiya my name is Seth.   I entered the Seed at Tropical Park in June of 1973.   Thats 36 years ago.   Also just turned 55 last April.   Haha makes me feel pretty old.   Hey what the fuck....  we ARE getting up there.  Anyways I hope everyone is doing well.

I was one of the guys who you usually saw walking around with a bunch of tools fixing stuff.  I was a trucker in the early days.   Those were great days for me.   I went on & worked for Sears as a repairman for 28 years.   Then when they got bought by K-Mart and ganked my pension I jumped that ship & now work at one of the local hospitals.   Its pretty cool and I hope to retire from there.

I logged in here a couple  years ago and have had the pleasure of reconnecting with quite a few folks.   Just wanted to drop in and say hello and offer to reconnect with anyone else who is likewise inclined.   Its a lot of fun to reconnect to a friendly face.

Just so you know...  Im not one of the folks with an axe to grind about the Seed.   The Seed did right by me.   I went from being a daily user of multiple drugs (including injectables) and alchohol...  to completely clean.  Never so much as smoked a joint or downed a beer since june of 73.  As far as my life...   I've been successful and Im happy as a lark.   I met a lot of great people and made a lot of good friends at the Seed, many of which I am in frequent contact with today.

Once again Greg thanks for maintaining the site.   Its really the only place you can post this kinda stuff.

So if anyone wants to  email me:   [email protected].
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Hello again
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 03:25:12 AM »
Hey old buddy

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:29:33 AM »
Hey Seth,

Glad to see you are still around - I'm putting off 50 as long as possible!

My son just beat me at chess several times in a row, my game is nowhere near where it was when we played.

G

Offline Dantari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 01:00:30 PM »
Hey who is steve123?   There isnt any pm or email option.   Email me if you want.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 10:34:39 PM »
dantari  you say you were at the seed tropical park? maybe you remember the kid who was so sick he lay on a cot for a week, before being transported, maybe you remember the frequent arrival of sheriff,, maybe you remember other stuff... maybe you were too young to remember blackmail and co-ercion, or the parents who were extorted for money, lest the little one die, .. ah hell you'd conclude that i am in favor of drug use.. i haven;t smoked or snorted or other in several decades... and i don't even drink as much as i should . the drugs are not the problem... it's the people who use them... and so often people who "quit" like alcoholics, go on to supplement their addiction with cheapjack piety and front pew righteousness.. hope you're not one of those  hermit ::unhappy::  ::unhappy::

Offline Dantari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »
I dont remember that hermit sorry, but I dont remember a real lot from that time.   I remember how scary Arthur was tho haha.   Glad to hear all is well for ya tho.

Offline SLIM123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 11:30:38 AM »
Hey Seth, Steve123 is Slim. For some reason. i had to make a new name. i hope they did not delete it. Anyway, How have you been. Im doin great, married,2 kids. i told P and J to tell you i said Hi! i tried to respond to your post for a few days. It only let me say, Hey old friend, If you want, send me email and ill send pics and stuff. Feel free to share my email with any Seed kids that want it. Thanks old friend.