Author Topic: 14 Year old Dies at THAYER LEARNING CENTER  (Read 72317 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
14 Year old Dies at THAYER LEARNING CENTER
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »
I have been informed that one of the reasons for the death of this young boy was from a broken collar bone that had pinch a main artery, and that there was other things involved but could not be disclosed yet.  If all this is true than we need to do something about these people. :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »
On 2004-12-02 07:47:00, AwesomeAlicia wrote:

"I am 16. I have been out for over 3 months. And i am doing wonderful. I miss TLC though. I wish i could talk to someone who actually knows stuff that i do! Do you? Did you go to TLC? :question:   "

Why is it that the only people we get who got sent to a program that praise the programs are people who have been out for less than five years or work for a program as staff?

If you didn't say you were doing wonderfully and would be happy to go back and talk about how wonderful they are---you might get sent back.  Because you're still a minor.

It's okay.  We've talked to a lot of adults who got sent to programs as teens who, while they were in the program or at home and still minors, talked up how good the program was and how it had "turned them around."  We've talked to a lot of adults who  on some level really believed it, too---until they got to be legal adults and couldn't be sent back and started coping with the PTSD.

Maybe you're for real.  More likely you're saying what's expected of you to keep from getting sent back.

If I'm wrong about that, come back in five years and tell me I was wrong.  I won't believe you now, but as long as you're not staff somewhere I will believe what you say then about your experiences at Thayer---whatever it is that you feel the need to say then, good or bad.

Timoclea

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2004, 10:27:00 PM »
Broken bones and lack of treatment are part of the problem with this industry. Like I've said many times before - the children in these programs are treated worse than dogs.  They are treated with harshness and contempt.  This boy probably had his clavical broken in a take down and went without treatment.  This happens all of the time.  They don't want to take the children to the emergency room because the broken bones are a red flag for abuse and need to be reported to CPS and the authorities.  

When an innocent Californian millionaire gets killed by a drug squad
trying to seize his house with a bogus search warrant, people better ask themselves if they really want to turn their cops into money-makers.
--Vancouver Police Const. Gil Puder

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »
"Maybe... It is Bundys. But you are really missing the point aren't you? Well, that really says something! "  

I'm not missing the point, I'm making one.  Not only are the kids physically abused they are also mentally abused.  The education system at TLC is aweful.  I know...I worked there for a very, very short time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »
I heard the same thing.  Something about a broken collar bone that somehow caused an aneurysm.  Although this is hearsay, it could possibly be true.  The autopsy won't be released to the public because the child was a minor and medical records are private.  Does anyone know how we can verify the cause of death?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »
If this is true; then surely there will be charges filed. Surely.
And if so, there may be a trial.
If so, they will surely indtroduce the coroners findings.
Trials are public events.
If this is true - surely it will be known.
If true, there needs to be a demanding that it be made known.

Even apart from a trial, maynbe there will be a coroners hearing. I seem to recall people can attend those.

I would think, if this is true, the family would be shouting about it; making it known to who ever will listen.

Anybody know who they are?

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
    • http://360.yahoo.com/cleopatra2u
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »
On 2004-12-02 16:05:00, Timoclea wrote:

"Why is it that the only people we get who got sent to a program that praise the programs are people who have been out for less than five years or work for a program as staff?"

That is easy: it takes a while for the brainwashing to wear off.
he trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BethelAcademyAbuse/
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »
If this is true; then surely there will be charges filed. Surely.
And if so, there may be a trial.>>>

Why do you say that?  Seems to me this is already in the process of being covered up.  This rotten, out of control teen tried to fight the drill instructor.  They then had the right to slam him to the ground and restrain him.  It is very unfortunate that his collar bone was broken.  And very much a freak accident that caused the anuerism to burst.
Makes me sick, but I can hear it now.
Just recently a new victim was rescued from Bethel Boys Academy *unannounced*.  He had been sick for weeks yet still forced to exercise all day long, starved, you get the picture.  When the Mom got him she rushed him to the ER where he was admitted.
Bethel was questioned by the state over that.  Guess what????  Many other boys and employees witnessed this boy "making" himself throw up all the time.  He wasn't really sick.
This boy was about dead from dehydration, bacterial & staph infection.  Immediately it was covered up.
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2004, 05:56:00 PM »
Most positive that this could be covered up as in nothing ever happened IF the media doesn't get involved. But I know of a few good people who will make sure nothing of this matter would happen.

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2004, 12:07:00 AM »
The more abusive teen programs frequently deprive injured and sick children of proper medical care because they do not want the outside medical professionals to report the signs of child abuse and neglect to the authorities. This happens frequently. Apparently this boy had his clavical fractured sometime during his week-long stay. It was probably broken in a take down.  A take down involves all available staff.  Up to seven adults will throw a child to the ground and hold them down.  When this happened to my own child she remembers a staff member start to cry and say, "if I hold her down any harder I'll break her arm."  She did see a girl with a broken nose from having her face slammed on the floor in a take down.
Restraint can be deadly and it is used far to frequently for punishment when teens are involved.

say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile.
--Kurt Vonnegut, American author

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »
On 2004-12-02 03:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

" It's Bundy's not Bundies, get it right bitches!~Willa"

Gee, I do so hope its really you.  Thanks for dropping by our little forum during what must be a very stressful, busy time.  Tell me, Willa, does it get easier, over time, to abuse these children?  Have you lost any sleep over the child who died in your charge?  Do you get the same sick pleasure from watching children eat their own vomit as does Sgt. Pikula?  And the thrill of dragging exhausted, frightened children from their comfy, cozy piece of concrete at 2AM for a little moonburn!  All of this sadistic pleasure and half a million $ a month.  Life is good ey? :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »
If it really is Willa, doesn't she remind you of Scott Peterson?  I mean, a kid just *died* in their care and all she can do is natter on calling the people here "bitches" and more or less saying nyah, nyah, you can't shut us down because we've done nothing wrong....

A kid just ***died***!

No remorse?  

No regret?

Any *normal* human being with a full set of feelings and empathy would be floored with the sheer *pain* of having a kid die under their care, would be overwhelmingly sobered and solemn, would be prey to a good bit of self-doubt.  Would welcome an investigation to clarify what was done and what was not done and why the kid died so they could take their lumps if they had 'em coming and if not, could improve their procedures so nothing like that *ever* happened again......

Willa (if it's her) talks about "bitches" and "nothing wrong."

Whoever made those posts is either some juvenile personality too far from the death to care, yanking our chain and trolling for flames, OR someone with a sociopathic-level lack of human empathy for the dead kid.

Hey, poster with the scanner that reported this to the media?  Forward the URL and thread information to the police and the DA in the area.  Really.  Please.

Because if it really is someone from Thayer that posted that, the demeanor in talking about the incident could well be important evidence in a criminal prosecution.  I'm serious as a heart attack about that.  I'm not being inflammatory or trying to score off debate points---for real, if it's someone from Thayer, it's evidence.

I know it says "Anonymous" here on the board, but nothing's really anonymous on the internet.  The police or DA can get a subpoena and use some of the information on Ginger's systems and the ISPs serving the personnel at Thayer to verify exactly whose account posted the statements.  They're evidence.

But the police and DA can't use them if they don't know they exist.  So if you want to see this thoroughly and properly investigated, and prosecuted if appropriate, ***DO*** forward the information to the police and the DA's office.

That someone who claims to have been heavily involved with the school where the death occurred appears remarkably callous to it and unbroken up by it is *huge*---so please, please make sure the police and DA know it's here.

Timoclea

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »
I agree Timoclea.
If its her, its huge.

I also wondered if the officials in Costa Rica might be interested in Narvin's spin and weave.
I think it significant he avoided answering direct questions, after showing up here and offering info.

If the moderator wants the address for an English speaking prosecutor in Costa Rica, I can provide one.
 ::bandit::

*[ This Message was edited by: BuzzKill on 2004-12-05 09:28 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »
http://www.kq2.com/news/default.asp?mod ... ws&id=1333
Thayer Learning Center, the military-style boot camp school in Kidder, Missouri has responded to our questions about a 15-year old`s death in a non-specific way. The center has sent us a seven-page fax, most of which is testimonials from parents and ex-students who speak positively about the school with statements like, "Before I came to TLC I was cutting school, I eventually dropped out and I was using drugs and alcohol...TLC has given me focus and has given me a chance that I really do not deserve." "Before I came to TLC I was a complete wreck...I am pleased to know that I have a successful future ahead of me." The center itself says, among other statements, "We are under continued scrutiny by local police authorities as well as other state agencies who frequent our facility often and have done so for the past two-and-a-half years and found any and all allegations unsubstantiated or unfounded." The school also says it would not be allowed to continue if it used excessive force and was abusive.

http://apps.northwestmissouri.com/Clien ... ubcode=HMA
A child fatality review board has been activated and a state STAT team has visited Caldwell County twice in recent days in the wake of the death of a 15-year-old male who was a student at Thayer Learning Center in Kidder. The student died Wednesday night after reportedly being in sick bay for a few days complaining of sore hands and feet.
Caldwell County Coroner Gary Brown reported an autopsy was done on Thursday and the matter is still under investigation. A child fatality review is mandatory procedure in the death of any minor.
Jerry Banks, school manager, said the center is waiting for the medical examiner's report. "Our condolences go to the family. We don't have enough information at this time to release anything else." The school was not able to release the name of the student.

http://www.childcustody.org/custparent/ ... 000292.htm
Parents who have direct experience with TLC might want to respond to this message @ childcustody.org

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2004, 10:08:00 PM »
How do we know if this web site is for real?  Maybe you are angry people who worked at the school and got fired for mis treating the children. Honestly, it would make since for the people who have been fired to want revenge on the school.  These people could be lying????????
How do we know???????