Author Topic: 14 Year old Dies at THAYER LEARNING CENTER  (Read 71773 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
14 Year old Dies at THAYER LEARNING CENTER
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »
Speak out now!!! Anyone having any information about Thayer Learning Center PLEASE CALL, 1 (800)632-4747 or 1 (660)632-4747. We all need to ban together to stop these crazy people from ruining our community and our childrens lives. Please CALL!!! :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2004, 04:37:00 AM »
On 2004-11-22 12:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"And how would you know anything about thayer?"
On 2004-11-22 12:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"did you graduate the program? if not, why did you leave early?"

A kid is dead.  What else do you need to know?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »
I am probably one of the only employees that left Thayer.  No, I wasn't fired, I was even asked to return.  
However, I will never return.  Thayer is not a great program and something has to be done to shut them down.  
I can't actually say I saw abbuse, but I call neglect abuse.  Neglect weither is was medically or just plain ignoring a kid.  I never saw anyone physically hit a kid or anything like that, but the lies told by the Bundy were crazy, on going, never ending.
When I first started working at Thayer, I did if for the money and I thought it was very interesting and delt with kids, so I loved it.  The part I didn't love was the dishonesty from the owners and the fact no one was ever on the same page.  
I worked at Thayer for the money while I was going to college and I realize now that I could have lowered myself to being a stripper and felt better about myself.  
I have never been treated with such disrespect in a job and I have never been asked to do such things as, hand out medications, or scream at kids.  I was known as a soft sargent one who let the kids get away with stuff and maybe that was a little true.
All I know is that I have compassion for children. I realize why they are their, but what the Bundys don't realize, is that they aren't better than anyone else.  Everyone is equal in God's eyes.  Everyone sins and everyone can ask for the same forgiveness.  
I feel like I want to stand up and talk about Thayer, tell the authorities what I know, but in the back of my mind I fear the Bundy's will hunt me down and try to slap a lawsuit on me for talking about anyting at all.  
The Bundys are know for that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »
How were you disrespected?I'm interested, because this is coming from a former employee.I assume you were disrespected sexually(assuming you are a female), as you said you would rather strip than work at Thayer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »
No I believe what she meant was she would feel better about herself working as stripper than she did working in a place that destroys childrens lives when it is suppose to help them.  At least as a stripper she people would be aware that she was doing something that most would not approve of instead of being deceitful and lying about it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »
Thanks for clearning that up for me.  I am glad someone knows what Thayer is really like.

Offline AwesomeAlicia

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »
I honestly think that they would not hurt someone on purpose. I went there for a year and almost 1/2. They are awsome people. They will surely be the most remembered by me. They changed my life completely around! Noone eles could do that for me at least.
licia Kieffer-Jones

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »
That sounds a lot like a commercial.

I mean, we're on the internet and without verifiable information (which few people give for obvious reasons of personal privacy and safety) we don't know who the other people we talk to really are.

We don't know if you're one of the Bundies, or a friend or relative of theirs, or someone with a financial interest, or a kid still there logging in from there at their behest, or a kid who was a student there but is still underage and afraid of going back, or a kid who just got out six months ago and hasn't detoxed from the over-controlled environment yet.

We *do* know a kid died and they didn't call the ambulance for five minutes.

Maybe there's a good reason for that---like he was outside and it took awhile for help to get to a phone.

Maybe there's not.

One thing we *do* know is that the Bundies have a financial interest in looking good---which means when a basically anonymous person posts uncritical praise in a thread like this, it's not automatically not credible, but it *does* need to be taken with a certain grain of salt.

One of the things that might help readers tell how big or little that grain of salt needs to be would be if you could tall us a bit more about yourself.

How old are you, how long have you been out, what are you doing with your life now, etc.

Timoclea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »
Obviously no every child is abused in these facilities. Some fall into the conditioning while others fight it.   Those who go along with the reprograming seem to have a better opinion of the program.  We really need to admit that the programs can help some children - but not most.  Those who buck the system are often the ones who suffer the most abuse and maltreatment.  Honesty isn't the best policy when it comes to youth treatment.   :cry:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »
***We really need to admit that the programs can help some children - but not most.

No, we don't need to 'admit' that. There are kids who can be intimidated by fear and some who can't. Does that mean the program 'helped' those who are more vulnerable to conditioning? That it 'helped' those who went in with a weaker will than others? I don't think so.  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2004, 06:07:00 AM »
It's Bundy's not Bundies, get it right bitches!~Willa

Offline AwesomeAlicia

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »
I don't believe that the Bundy's are trying to hurt anyone. As for me, i was a student there, they gave me hope and taught me how to live without the things that i did, i was horrible. Now i am doing just fine. And Mr. Banks is also awesome. He has known me for quite sometime. He's the one who got me transfered to TLC. It was the best experience of my life. Unfortunitely i did not graduate but i would go back. Maybe even as a Sergeant. I promise you they are wonderful people. They are awesome!!!
licia Kieffer-Jones

Offline AwesomeAlicia

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2004, 10:47:00 AM »
I am 16. I have been out for over 3 months. And i am doing wonderful. I miss TLC though. I wish i could talk to someone who actually knows stuff that i do! Do you? Did you go to TLC? :question:
licia Kieffer-Jones

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »
Actually, Bundy's is referring to a singular person possesive noun.  

If you were speaking of multiple Bundys possessing something, it would be Bundys'.  

Bundys implies no possesion, but more than one person.

Obviously Thayer didn't do a good job schooling its (yes, without an apostrophe) students.

Ha!  :silly:

Offline AwesomeAlicia

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »
Maybe... It is Bundys. But you are really missing the point aren't you? Well, that really says something! :roll:  :em:
licia Kieffer-Jones