Author Topic: 14 Year old Dies at THAYER LEARNING CENTER  (Read 71186 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
14 Year old Dies at THAYER LEARNING CENTER
« on: November 09, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »
How many will it take before the our government decides to put regulations on these schools.  A 14 year old boy has died at Thayer Learning Center when dispatch was called they said he had not been breathing for 5 mins.  who the hell waits 5 mins. to call dispatch.  These people running this facility need to be stopped before more kids die(killed).  Fourteen year old kids just dont fall over and die.  There have been reports made that the boy had a dark complexion and there were bruises all over him that could clearly be seen he had looked as if he had been beaten.  There have been number after number of reports made to DFS(Department of Family Services) they know what is going on but their hands are tied in the state of Missouri schools like this are not regulated by DFS.  They have to have permission from the parents to even to talk to the kids, but by then the Bundy's have either picked out the kids that can talk OR talked to the kids and have manipulated them.  The Bundy's love to say that kids are manipulators, bullshit they are worse than any kid I have ever met.  They manipulate the parents, the kids, the people in our local communities, our elected officials, and even their own church.  The Bundy's will surely rot in hell for all of this. :evil:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »
How do you know any of this?
I'm not doubting your word - but where can this info be confirmed? Is there a news account anywhere?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »
The kid's not dead, he's just lying about it and faking to manipulate his parents into taking him out of Thayer.  Pay no attention to those maggots, they're just a clever ruse.  You wouldn't believe what these master-manipulator emotional terrorist druggie kids will do to go home.  Oh, and that not breathing thing---that's self-injurious behavior.  Put the rotten spoiled brat down for more Consequences!

How long before the authorities get off their butts and *do something*?!!!

:flame:  :flame:  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »
Haven't found anything, but while searching found this:

Cadet is fatally shot at military academy
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

11/07/2004
MEXICO, Mo. - A high school student at Missouri Military Academy was killed in an apparent accidental shooting during a .22-caliber rifle qualification course at an indoor range.

Police said the victim, 17, was struck in the upper body Friday when a student in the course turned to adjust a mat and his rifle discharged. The victim, whose name was not released, was taken to the Audrain Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

"It's an awful tragedy," said Chief Mike Jerichow of the Mexico Public Safety Department. He said reports would be forwarded to the county prosecutor, who would determine whether to file charges.

Col. Ronald Kelly, president of the academy, said the shooting was "clearly an accident" based on the accounts he had heard. The students were involved in the rifle qualification course as part of an Army Junior ROTC program for ninth- through 12th-grade students.

"We're trying to take care of the kids and the teachers right now," Kelly said. "We're a pretty tight-knit group, and these kids are like brothers to each other, so this is very tough," he said.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/s ... ry+academy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »
was it barekman?rutherford?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »
Nothing is being said at all.  I know for a fact, this kid has died.  I know from the hospital and from the sherriff department.  All they can say is that a young boy has died, but they are not saying anything else.  MONEY TALKS, what can I say if this would have been the parent and fourteen year old died this way these parents would be in jail, but not in Missouri.  I find this disturbing, and the publicity that would have occured if this would have happened in a home would have been huge.  There was nothing on the local new or in any of the local papers. This is what pisses me off about this state government and our federal government.  IF you got money you can hide anything, but who suffers.  The everyday normal people are the ones that always suffer the most.

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »
I'd suggest that you call the local press and tell them what you know. They know how to get public records and interview the police and Thayer. It this is true - it is an extremely HOT news item - call the local paper in the community where Thayer is located and tell them what you know. You can ask to remain annonymous and they can never disclose your identity.  This is a hot news tip that would definitely be followed up on.  

Don't laugh when you leave this courtroom, thinking you have beat the system because you have looked these things up yourself. We are going to get you down the road.
http://proliberty.com/observer/20020101.htm' target='_new'>Washington Superior CourtJudge Rebecca Baker

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
Might be better to go to a larger paper outside of the local community.

Offline terrified_mother

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/s ... scipline++

Here is the story.

A teenager sent to a private boot camp in northwest Missouri has died,
prompting an inquiry by the Caldwell County Sheriff's Department.

The teenager was a student at Thayer Learning Center Boot Camp and Boarding
School, a reform program based in Kidder, Mo., that relies on strict,
military-style discipline to reach troubled youths. In recent weeks, a few
parents have pulled their children from the boot camp citing concerns about
their treatment.

Jerry Banks, who operates Thayer, said the student died Wednesday, less
than a week after enrolling in the program. Banks would not identify the
student and did not provide an age.

Caldwell County Chief Deputy Sheriff Jeff Alsup said the death was part of
an ongoing investigation. He declined to provide further details.

Banks said the student apparently died of an "unexplained medical
condition." Students at the school participate in intense physical
exercise. But Banks said the student was not involved in any physical
activity at the time of death.

Banks said he was not aware of the student having any prior medical
conditions that would have required special attention. He said the student
appeared healthy upon enrolling at the boot camp.

Banks said he welcomed a thorough investigation. "We're cooperating with
everyone, because we want the answer, too," he said.

Thayer is one of several teen-reform programs in Missouri that are exempt
from most state regulation. Critics say the lack of regulation makes it
difficult to verify that the programs are safe.

But Banks said he was open to those who have questions about the boot camp.
In September, he allowed a Post-Dispatch reporter to tour the boot camp.

At least three parents have recently withdrawn students from the program,
including one mother who said her son had been in solitary confinement for
11 days.

But the majority of parents have stuck with the program, many praising it
for rescuing their youth. Banks said recent criticism of the boot camp
stems from misinformation spread by disgruntled employees.

Thayer enrolls more than 100 students, nearly all from outside Missouri.
The school charges $4,000 a month for tuition and room and board.

[]Reporter Matthew Franck[]
[]E-mail: [email protected]

> inline textas attachment      Select Folder Trashchildrenreceipts  
Previous   |   Next   |   Back to INBOX

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2004, 05:28:00 PM »
Those who know more - age and cause of death, etc. should notify the author of this article as soon as possible.  It seems the police are keeping a tight lid on this by not releasing anything. The center is only releasing carefully worded and defensive statments.  If you know anything or have in-side information this must be exposed right away.  Thayer has a reputation as a very abusive program.  This child was probably the victim of asphyxiation from a human restraint. This is a matter of public interest and must be exposed to prevent other children from experiencing a similar fate....

But this is far from demonstrating that the authorities must interpose to suppress these vices by commercial prohibitions, nor is it by any means evident that such intervention on the part of the government is really capable of suppressing them or that, even if this end could be attained, it might not therewith open up a Pandora's box of other dangers, no less mischievous than alcoholism and morphinism.
http://www.mises.org/liberal/ch1sec11.asp' target='_new'>Ludwig Von Mises

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »
We keep telling these program parents that their kids can end up dead if they send them to these places.

They keep believing it can't possibly be true or that the teen will end up deadorinjail if left at home.

Maybe so.  But there's a huge moral difference if a kid dies in his own hometown because he did something really stupid versus dying in a program *because his parent sent him there*.

If you don't "do something" "for his own good" something terrible may happen!!!!

Yeah, maybe.   :roll:   But at least you won't have *caused* it.

Timoclea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »
The boy was a 14 year old either african american or Hispanic boy.  Thayer Learning center waited five minutes before the the Caldwell County Dispatch was called.  I know all of this from listening to the scanner when it was called in.  The 911 dispatcher stated all of this over the scanner as it happened.  The kid was taken to Cameron Regional Hospital in Cameron, MO  where he was pronounced dead.  The information I received from the hospital was that he was severely bruised and looked as if he had been beaten.  The boys body is being examined by the coroner, I have been told they plan to do several tests and it could take up to a week for them to be done with it all.  This is all the information I have at this time I will post more when I learn more.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »
On 2004-11-10 14:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"We keep telling these program parents that their kids can end up dead if they send them to these places.

They keep believing it can't possibly be true or that the teen will end up deadorinjail if left at home.

Maybe so.  But there's a huge moral difference if a kid dies in his own hometown because he did something really stupid versus dying in a program *because his parent sent him there*.

If you don't "do something" "for his own good" something terrible may happen!!!!

Yeah, maybe.   :roll:   But at least you won't have *caused* it.

Timoclea"

Exactly!

Here's the thing, though. We've had decades, several generations' worth, of propaganda about the exagerated dangers of drugs and youth. So these treatment gurus have had a field day selling their expensive snake-oil cure for what ails ya'.

I think we just need to get the truth about these methods out there and maybe, as a nation, reach some sensible approach to managing and mitigating the inherent dangers of drugs and those of growing up.

Simple as water, and just as difficult to direct, eh?

A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.
http://memory.loc.gov/const/fed/fed_46.html' target='_new'>James Madison, The Federalist No. 46

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »
What we need to do right now, is pray for the family of this poor child who has died at the hands of Thayer Learning Center.  And do this poor kids death some justice by coming together and getting this place closed down.  We need anyone (former employees, former students, parents, doctors who treated some of kids) anyone who has any information needs to speak up.  These people need to pay for this not only civilly but also with criminal charges.  Right now is the time to act if you have ever thought of coming forward with information or you have come forward already, make sure you are heard tell DFS, Government, Sherriffs Dept, anybody who will listen.  Lets put a stop to this now before someone else dies.  We already know of several kids who have been severely injured at the school and nothing was done.  So lets please for the sake of this young childs' short lived life do something now. :evil:  :mad:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »
On 2004-11-10 15:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The boy was a 14 year old either african american or Hispanic boy.  Thayer Learning center waited five minutes before the the Caldwell County Dispatch was called.  I know all of this from listening to the scanner when it was called in.  The 911 dispatcher stated all of this over the scanner as it happened.  The kid was taken to Cameron Regional Hospital in Cameron, MO  where he was pronounced dead.  The information I received from the hospital was that he was severely bruised and looked as if he had been beaten.  The boys body is being examined by the coroner, I have been told they plan to do several tests and it could take up to a week for them to be done with it all.  This is all the information I have at this time I will post more when I learn more.  "

Have you called the major newspaper of the biggest city in the state, or the nearest big city?

*Do*

Their reporters can get more information than you can, and the reporters at a big city newspaper will tend to be more liberal than the society around them and more skeptical of holy rollers.

I tend towards the more right/libertarian (little "l") political philosophy, but if a reporter's liberal feelings makes him/her more likely to aggressively investigate a suspicious death, I'm all for it.

Call the reporter and tell him what you heard over the scanner, and what the hospital people told you.  If you can give him information that will help him identify which hospital person, he can get it firsthand while promising the source anonymity.

Call the news tipline.  It will be *somewhere* in the paper.  Or call 411, ask for the paper's offices by name, and once they put you through to the main number, ask for the number of the news tip line.

Trained reporters can find out more about this than you can, and this is *big news*.  The old saying in reporting, "If it bleeds, it leads" applies.

Now, for all I know, *if* there's a dead kid, he could have died of anything---I don't know you (and I mean no offense by saying so).  The stuff a reporter tracks down will have credibility, because the reporter will be able to verify that there was a death, that there was a 911 call, that there were emergency personnel (cops, emts, whatever) who responded, that there is a body, etc.

If you care enough to post to Fornits, care enough to call 411 for the paper's phone number, get their tip line number, and tell a reporter what you heard on the scanner and why you're concerned.

Timoclea