Author Topic: CULTURE  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CULTURE
« on: October 30, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »
I keep hearing or reading things like; "Grow up"; or "Move on"; or "Let it go".

It is a fact that in past culture, our parents that is - and their parents and many of us, too, we kept quiet about injury or abuse.

Before the 60s and early 70s if a girl had a relationship with a teacher or a minister - the pedophile was not punished.  It was large thought that the 'couple' had romantic feelings for one another and that in order to solve it the two would be separated.  Usually it was the girl who was moved away to an aunt's house (probably found in Texas where most of the religious zealots live) or some relatives, but the older male got to keep his job in school or clergy.  Typically the adult male would receive a good talking to, or receive a small punishment but never actually lost the job or were charges pressed.

In these days the victim Never spoke of the abuse!  It was considered wrong to talk about the injury or abuse out of respect for the victim, too.

It hasn't been until the last two or three decades that the courts and public have caught up to some rights for children as humans!

A girl was recently appointed, by a judge, to seek counseling.  The man who raped her got sued and is spending lots of time in prison.  Upon her visit to the counselor the girl began to speak about her rape and started to immediately feel better.  Her father, who drove her to the counselor, heard the girl talking and told the receptionist: "Now she's rueent (southern for 'ruined')". He said this because he believed in silence of the victim.

Try to bring up child abuse in a regular conversation or in online chat rooms and most people will call you crazy or immediately try to play it down or move to some other subject.

This is what is meant by 'move on' or 'grow up' or 'forgive and forget' or 'let go'. Most of our generation have been raised, from past culture in America, to disbelieve or play down to abuse.  I disagree with this style of introversion completely.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CULTURE
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 01:16:00 AM »
nice post, so I'm bumping it up!

people also did not start talking about domestic violence in this country until the seventies.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CULTURE
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »
That same type of thinking kept me from ever telling anyone about the abuse that I recieved from str8. It wasn't so much the forgive and forget as it was let sleeping dogs ly. As if it never happened. the worst part was trying to explain to someone what happened and them looking at you in utter dis-belief!

Rich

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
CULTURE
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »
This is a good take on what was completely bastardized in straight.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CULTURE
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 10:27:00 PM »
thanx

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
CULTURE
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CULTURE
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »
On 2004-11-03 15:07:00, Scarstruck wrote:

"Grow these http://www.overgrow.com/strainguide/Ent ... 297/#g1297
"

OK, I will! :smokin:

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
CULTURE
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 11:32:00 PM »
On 2004-10-30 08:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I keep hearing or reading things like; "Grow up"; or "Move on"; or "Let it go".

It is a fact that in past culture, our parents that is - and their parents and many of us, too, we kept quiet about injury or abuse.

Before the 60s and early 70s if a girl had a relationship with a teacher or a minister - the pedophile was not punished.  It was large thought that the 'couple' had romantic feelings for one another and that in order to solve it the two would be separated.  Usually it was the girl who was moved away to an aunt's house (probably found in Texas where most of the religious zealots live) or some relatives, but the older male got to keep his job in school or clergy.  Typically the adult male would receive a good talking to, or receive a small punishment but never actually lost the job or were charges pressed.

In these days the victim Never spoke of the abuse!  It was considered wrong to talk about the injury or abuse out of respect for the victim, too.

It hasn't been until the last two or three decades that the courts and public have caught up to some rights for children as humans!

A girl was recently appointed, by a judge, to seek counseling.  The man who raped her got sued and is spending lots of time in prison.  Upon her visit to the counselor the girl began to speak about her rape and started to immediately feel better.  Her father, who drove her to the counselor, heard the girl talking and told the receptionist: "Now she's rueent (southern for 'ruined')". He said this because he believed in silence of the victim.

Try to bring up child abuse in a regular conversation or in online chat rooms and most people will call you crazy or immediately try to play it down or move to some other subject.

This is what is meant by 'move on' or 'grow up' or 'forgive and forget' or 'let go'. Most of our generation have been raised, from past culture in America, to disbelieve or play down to abuse.  I disagree with this style of introversion completely.  "

Great post - this should be cross posted to the other forums.  This sick attitude is running rampant.
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006