Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hello
« on: August 02, 2002, 06:27:00 AM »
I just read about Straight Inc. on http://www.cannabisculture.com (damn good site for unedited news...not the bs you find on CNN and such).

I must say that you people are brave.  Powerful people that weren't able to be broken down by the authoritarian, dehumanizing, and Hilteresque methods of Straight.

I can't believe programs like this could possibly still exist...this sounds like something out of the 1980's...very sorry for anyone who had to go through this.  I remember being in jail for getting caught with some pot and I was treated pretty bad...but jesus, after looking at this, I know that jail was better!  Thank God I didn't get sent to some damn rehab place like Straight...I seriously would've killed a few people if they did anything near the stuff that I've heard (I would be the one with the lawsuits, too...I'm 6'6" and 300 pounds)  :smile:

I'm gonna go smoke a bowl now...here's to an end on America's War on Drugs, and the end to people like you guys (and me) being dehumanized and treated worse than wild animals.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 01:55:00 PM »
The 80's were a dark period for some reason.  I feel like once again we are in that national mindframe.  It's weird how things come around again.  Remember the Gipper was president back then.  If you ever wanna laugh till your sides hurt rent the movie KINGS ROW from 1942.  Reagan plays the lead role in it.  

Here's my contribution to the quote at the end of the post thing:
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 02:13:00 PM »
what's hard for me to understand is how the same building that was used by Straight (cincinnati) is still being utilized by Kids Helping?? Kids to this day. If those walls could speak; it'd probably make a ghost cry.

I gave up everything besides alcohol for practical reasons. There are too many other ways to get a rush without the baggage that is often associated with recreational use. Just my .02, Jason. Cinci '86

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hello
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2002, 08:07:00 PM »
Welcome, welcome. Thanks for coming along.

I think the people who did this sick shit to us are the same people who put you in jail. Essentially, when Calvina Fay came out with that bit of creative prose about the DPR movement being a small, well funded, tightly knit and carefully camoflaged conspiracy, she was projecting. The worst of it is that she probably didn't know it.

What they did to us they thought was therapy to save our lives. To this day some parents and staffers get all bent out of shape if anyone criticizes the Program. It's frightening that these people have so much influence in public policy. We need a whole lot more folk like you to look over the info we've been gathering to help make that collective light bulb go on somewhere over the midwest.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
Hello
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2002, 10:04:00 AM »
Just something I was pondering over, I wonder if somehow we can inform the people that visited Straight (George Bush, Nancy Reagen, etc.) and allow them to see what REALLY happened in that torchure chamber and allow them to see the light, they may decide to ban all types of facilities that are still in effect today. Just a thought on that.
Mel Sembler I think may deny such things, I think we should take this all the way to the top!
usan Minns