Author Topic: dreams  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
dreams
« on: October 28, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »
I've had two nightmares this week of a similar nature.
dream one:
My husband and I are walking down the highway (this is not an uncommon feature of my dreams. Cars are absent. People walk or trot along the roads, stopping for lights and everything, exactly as they would in cars - but there are no cars) And a little girl of about 10 or 12 slides past us on a skate board. I'm watching her, thinking she looks like shes having fun and maybe I should look into getting a skateboard, when she does a turn and I see her face. Tears as streaming down her face. She isn't making a sound, and other than the tears and a sad expression you'd not have known anything as amiss.  Whats wrong, I ask her. No response. Husband and I debate what to do and decide to take her into a local restaurant and call for help. Once in the restaurant, I ask again, can she tell me why she is so sad. She tells me she is lost and can't figure out how to get home. Oh well, no problem! Whats your phone number I'll call your mom. She didn't know it, and besides, her Mom didn't want her home and had told her not to return. Outraged at the abandonment I decide to cal the police. Then another typical feature of my dreams - I can't seem to dial the correct number. I do after some frustration get a cop on the phone, who tells me its not his job to interfere. Is the child bruised? Burned? Anything to prove the parents had actually done her harm - NO? Then not his job.
So, in a state of extreme agitation I decide to call social services/ Child welfare. Again I can't quite make out the numbers in the phone book. Keep dialing wrong - Ask several people for help and finely get someone on the phone. Not their job either. They tell me I can take her to a hospital for a check up but they can do nothing about the fact she has been put out of her home and told not to return. Abandonment is not a crime. Lack of concern for her welfare not an issue. While arguing with this Moron the agitation became so great I woke up with a pounding heart.

Dream two:
I am sitting in my car (I have a car this time) at Tranquility Bay. Diane Sawyer is off to the side, on a swing set, with a bunch of little kids.
Off the other direction, are two lines of older kids, straight and silent. A few turn to look at me. I lean over and holler out my car window, Diane! Can I talk to you for a minute? At this point she is walking past me into the building. No, she says, you just want to indoctrinate me with your agenda. Slack jawed at this comment, I get out of my car and follow her inside. It looks like a typical elementary school, but completely empty. Not a soul is in there but me and Diane Sawyer. I fall into step beside her and ask, Please, give me a few minutes of your time. You've been lied to and you need to understand the truth - its important. She gives me a startled and worried expression and quickens her pace. I say, I'm not going to hurt you - I just want to talk - isn't that what you do - Talk to people? At this point she goes out a door.
Feeling I had better let her go before I get arrested on some false charge I turn around and walk back threw this empty building to my car.
I notice I've been blockd in, and in the passenger seat is a girl. Talking to her threw the open window is a man. She turns to me and asks, can we leave now? How old are you, I ask. I think, 16 , she says. Thats not old enough - but who is this guy? Do you want to talk to him anymore? No, but he won't go away. So, I hit the door locks and roll up the window. Do you want to leave now, I ask, and she says, Yes please, lets go. So, I drive around the cars blocking me in by some sort of dream magic and threw a fence and out onto the road - all the while thinking, well, I'm in some deep shit now. I ask her several questions trying to get an idea of what kind of person her Mom might be and am I likely to be charged with kid napping. She has no clear answers and tells me at one point its hard to think about this stuff when your crazy. OH, I guess so, I say, and then I shut up and drive along wondering what on earth I am going to do. Then it occurs to me at 16 she has a right to be re-patriated at her request and I am so relieved and I turn to her and tell her I'm taking her to the embassy and she must hold firm that she wants to go back to the USA - and not to worry we'll take care of the rest once she is home - and then the phone rang and woke me up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
dreams
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 03:54:00 AM »
My dreams are nightmare flashbacks that sometimes manifest themselves in reality.

A young boy approaches my position with a package of some sort in hand. I scream in Farsi "stop and be still". He didn't understand me. Rifle burst. He stopped. He has a box of chiklets to sell to feed his family that night.

I'm chilling on the Mexican riviera. Drinking dos equis and having huevos ranchero. A little girl approached me from behind with a box of chiklets. She surprised me. I bought the box. I went back to my room and got fucked up on booze and bootleg Mexican qualuudes. A blackout rampage thru town assured it was time to move on.

Fucking chiklets. I never chew gum. Jason
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »