Author Topic: Can we ever regain our original personalities?  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Can we ever regain our original personalities?
« on: July 29, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »
Can we regain our original thought patterns, untouched by a group of strangers who did not seem to really care about us as individuals, neither our creativity or true sense of humanity? Does anyone know of any books or therapists who can help us truly claim who we were before we met this group of total strangers and they fed us the lies of "meant to be"? I am more interested in that than the specifics of who these strangers were. We already know of who they were. Theu made that clear when they told and retold thir own stories to us, while e sat and listened like the young man in the "Bingo"m play.

It is truly a bizarre feeling to think that these strangers interfered in our lives and family circles. Please. I need help with this because I am still young enough to not want to live a life where these group of total strangers have infected my thoughts, my dreams, my joy, my pain, and all that makes me up as a human being. Thanks :question: .
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »
Sorry, what's done is done. Short of some total amnesia inducing traumatic event, I can't imagine how anyone can undo the influence that the people in our lives have had on us.

But you can do what you want to with the experience. You don't have to respond in some predictable way or in a way that the Program intended. You can turn it around entirely to work against their objectives.

Busy, curious, thirsty fly, Drink with me, and drink as I.
-- William Oldys (1696-1761): On a Fly drinking out of a Cup of Ale.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 08:35:00 PM »
you are at least in part, my friend, the sum total of your life experiences. You simply cannot erase what happened to you.
You can however strive to understand and change the negatives. This is within your control.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »
My question is different. I do not mena totally forget. I mean regain our original personalities and peeling through the layers of "brainwashed thoughts." Is this possible?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 04:35:00 PM »
Well sure. Most people snap out of it either gradually or suddenly. You don't stay under the deception forever. But, as with any of life's experiences, you learned things that have to impact the way you view the world. For example, I learned that my dad could become convinced by some slippery little con man that I had been carrying on a secret double life as a violence prone coke head. I could have done without knowing that for a few years longer. I envy people who never have to find out that they can, under some circumstances, lose their parents protection.

Dad and I talked this stuff through a long time ago and repaired our relationship very well, thank you. We both learned something from it. I'll never forget some of the things I learned in the Program about parent child relationships and I'll never regain that total trust nor will I ever expect it from my kids. I'll always have to check myself and be very careful w/ these very fragile and vitally important relationships in my life. I'll never take them for granted like I did as a kid or as my parents did.

So, it was a bad thing that happened. A really devastating thing, really painful, really scaring. But, not only did I get over it pretty quickly, I got something of value out of it.

No, I'll never be who I would have been had things been different. But I do own my life again.

Is that what you're asking?

"The FARC is part of the history of Colombia and a historical phenomenon", (President Pastrana) says, "and they must be treated as Colombians". ... They come and ask for bread [aid from Washington], and you give them stones.

Robert White is a former American ambassador to Paraguay and El Salvador, and former No. 2 man with the U.S. Embassy in Bogota, is president of the Centre for International Policy in Washington D.C.
http://narconews.com/' target='_new'>Robert White

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »
so glad to find this site. i do not beleive we can be who we were before. i was tricked into the seed.i thought i was about to enter 12th grade and looking forward to my future. instead it was my own personal hell i entered.a lot changed for me.ihave no contact with any old friends and only one family member who was also in the seed. we do not discuss it because we had two different experiences. his not so bad mine terrible.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »
i should of put ex seedling ft lauderdale aug72-73. my parents tricked me into taking a bus to miami from jacksonville when i was 16 to see my brother who supposedly voluntered himself into the seed. i was told i was allowed to see him one more time before i started 12th grade.obviously that didn''t happen.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »
My brother and I were there because of  a cousin who got busted for trying to grow a few pot plants in the woods. He was given the choice of 6 months in jail or the seed. He and his parents chose the seed. HE was from a wealthy family and had never been in any other trouble. he rebelled and refused to be broken. When he went in he only smoked pot. When he finally got out he was so mad and changed that he became a heroin addict. He finally cleaned up his act. He got married,she got pregnant, and he died in a car accident. when people are hurt or have pieces of their lives stolen it has to change you. but how we change is individual to our personalities and life experiences.

Offline pigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »
The answer is of course yes and no. mostly depending on my mood at the moment.  I did find help in "peeling back" the damage that had been done by the seed with the help of a great therapist but it took me a long time to be able to explain what had happened to me in a way she could understand.  She couldn't help me till I told her about it in detail.  For a long time I just included being put in a drug rehab program when I was twelve as part of my story.  It took me years to make it clear that I hadn't been high or drunk before I went in.  It took me even longer to make it clear that it wasn't just a regular rehab program but a brainwashing cult.
I of course did not use that phrase at first, I just told her( my therapist) what went on there
and she said it sounds like a cult.  
Now I say I was forced into a cult at twelve.

Sometimes the damage seems endless.  Other times I am amazed at how really strong I was even then.  Even then, while I was in the program, I developed a way of both knowing and not knowing, of buying in enough to get by with out giving myself away; pretty amazing for a twelve year old--young enough to believe everything they told me including that they could read my mind.

I find my greatest struggle now is in trusting myself.  The Seed and the internal ways I developed to survive the seed made me an expert at double thinking every thought and every decision I made.  So that's what I am working on now, just trusting myself.  Just relaxing.
It's like a vacation.
Pigeon