Author Topic: Warning: Straight Dem Vote Selected Bush/Cheney  (Read 950 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Warning: Straight Dem Vote Selected Bush/Cheney
« on: October 22, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »
Forward:

Yesterday a friend voted early at a polling location in Austin, Tx.  She voted straight Democratic.  When she did the final check, lo and behold every vote was for the Democratic candidates except that it showed that she had voted for Bush/Cheney for president/vice pres.

She immediately got a poll official. Her vote was corrected. She called the Travis County Democratic headquarters.  They took all her
information.  They told her that she wasn't the first to report a similar incident and that they are looking into it.

So, check before you leave the polling booth, and if anything is wrong, get it corrected immediately. Report any irregularities to your local Democratic headquarters.

I just talked with the Travis Democratic Party folks and they confirmed that this happened and that the County supposedly has fixed it...but everyone should be aware of it and double check their ballot when they vote.......!

I was going to sing the praises of our election officials; except for their lack of understanding about voter verifiable paper ballots).  Looks like we're headed for another election theft, only this time, there's NO PAPER TRAIL!!!  NO RECOUNTS POSSIBLE!

I recommend EVERYONE double-check your summary screen carefully -- if you have problems voting, get your election official to help you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »
Only a fool punches a traight ticket

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »
Fool or not, better check to see that you have voted for who you intended to.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Polarbear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »
That's messed up.  I've never supported electronic voting.  My old county used paper ballots.  You mark what you want following the simple directions.  No butterfly, no punchcards, no chads, no touch screen.  No BS.  Enjoy-Poalrbear

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »
no paper trail is the best way for the right to do wrong.
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"