Author Topic: The Seed Indeed Is All You Need  (Read 3087 times)

Offline 90's Guy

• View Profile
The Seed Indeed Is All You Need
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »
the problem is Familar Face that you view the copy cat programs--all offshoots of The Seed, by the way--as if they were as legitimate of the Seed, but they were all (including Straight) watered down, ineffective versions of the real thing--The Seed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »
Yes we had rules rap while we motivated away like idiots and the staff members would yell our names and we would shout out a rule that was not already said. You know they had to do that stuff to reinforce their brainwashing techniques.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 10:36:00 PM »
This is getting real nuts. I am constantly reading how someone thinks their treatment program was by far the worst or best everywhere on Fornits. why can't we all just agree that all of them sucked and all of them caused a lot of pain and misery. It's as if some people are discounting true legitame horrors of abuse because it was not the same program as theirs.

It's turning into a "My master is better than your master ordeal".

While I am on a roll here tonight I am also sick of this crap how "I am more of a drug addict than you, etc".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »
On 2005-02-18 17:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Wow Ginger I forgot all about that "I" stuff. We were always told to apply it to ourselves if we slipped up and said "you".

It never dawned on me until just now that "report all suspicious persons in and around the bldg" was probably there because there were disgruntled former phasers."

In my opinion one of the greatest things to have happened when I was on first phase was when some kids stood outside the building screaming some new kid's name.  It was his friends and they had come looking for him.  It caused quite a stir and broke up the monotony of sitting on the benches. Staff acted like they were going to shit their pants.  Only problem was that we were stuck in the building extra long on a cold Saturday night but it was worth it to see the look of panic on the staff's faces.  I had forgotten all about that.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2005, 12:20:00 AM »
On 2005-02-18 17:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Wow Ginger I forgot all about that "I" stuff. We were always told to apply it to ourselves if we slipped up and said "you".

It never dawned on me until just now that "report all suspicious persons in and around the bldg" was probably there because there were disgruntled former phasers."

Well what did you think? They were worried about CIA operatives out to get Art, or what? As far as kids throwing stuff and shouting, I think that just added to the drama and martyrdome that Art &Co loved so much. But I think they may also have been concerned about media and PIs. You know that many of the kids had parents and other family who did not approve at all of the placement. And some long term inductees actually were turned away from their families, just like a classic cult. I've had family members call me looking for help in contacting Seedlings before. It's heartbreaking. I'm glad the thing fell apart and I hope all ya'll who lost touch w/ family have dropped them a line since.

Nothing is denied to well-directed labor, and nothing is ever to be
attained without it.
--Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2005, 12:25:00 AM »
I think the problem w/ The Seed was that the "love" Art preserved (after, that is, he took over a million in federal funding) was an obsessive, over controling, toxic sort of love.

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... miamithem' target='_new'>H. G. Wells

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »
sorry, just need to ask a question here, did Straight get any federal funding?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »
Yeah, I think Wes has something on LEAA funding. But the big money started rolling in when they set up a more sophisticated structure. Straight Fndtn. set up as an advocacy/education organization then changed it's name to DFAF. A couple of years ago, Calvina stated that DFAF got up to 30% of it's funding from the federal government. Now they're even more diverse, w/ more organization names and alter egos. Tracking the money might be a full time job for more than one person.

In war, the stronger overcomes the weaker. In business, the stronger imparts strength to the weaker.
--Frederic Bastiat

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
On 2005-02-18 19:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"This is getting real nuts. I am constantly reading how someone thinks their treatment program was by far the worst or best everywhere on Fornits. why can't we all just agree that all of them sucked and all of them caused a lot of pain and misery. It's as if some people are discounting true legitame horrors of abuse because it was not the same program as theirs.

It's turning into a "My master is better than your master ordeal".

While I am on a roll here tonight I am also sick of this crap how "I am more of a drug addict than you, etc". "

I totally agree with you on this...Did in fact any of these programs do any of us any good??? And if we answer yes we are surely brainwashed.

This is merely an ego thing of "mine is bigger than yours" and a bunch of inmaturity of trying to prove it.

They were all bad and we all had fucked up experiences and this is something we can all agree on.

:skull:

Faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction- faith in fiction is a damnable false hope.
--Thomas Edison, American inventor