Author Topic: Getting stuff done  (Read 2228 times)

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
Getting stuff done
« on: October 24, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »
1. Laura, are you still working on book? how goes it?

2. Bryan: what about flyer?

3. What is happening w/investigation?

4. Any media connections?

Also: Serb: School info.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hanlea

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Getting stuff done
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »
I've received one well written flyer.  As soon as I can ride again, I'll ride up and distribute them.  I'll write one of my own as well, but I'd rather get some more participation.  Anything can work.  Even just writing a brief autobiography might be good.

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
Getting stuff done
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »
i had several people writing, but nobody's sent anything.
i don't have the patience to go around nagging people to get this done, so i'm going to find another way to make my contribution that is less dependent upon others.
aura solomon

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
Getting stuff done
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 10:37:00 PM »
I have to admit that my participation has mainly been through this site and also e-mailing some parents who thought about sending their kid.

My time is taken up largely w/parenting my two young children alone, and grad studies.  I have been thinking of different book ideas--mainly a collection of short stories on the experience.  I am not good at compiling the whole as a book.  It really takes a deft hand to get across what went on there. Laura, what if you didn't rely on people writing stuff to you but interviewed us separately and then wrote about the experiences?

With the flyer, I think it should be just one page, a grabber header, followed by bullet points, and a quote if possible by the TPSD.

Other ideas:
1. Write to ed cons in our areas urging more awareness of the issues. (we are from all over.)
2. Put on a conference for parents with difficult kids--(or kids with difficult parents!)
3. Protesting would be useless without mass. But what if we handed a flyer to parents during parent conferences?  I know when I went to CEDU, most parents stayed at the same hotels.
hanlea

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Getting stuff done
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »
Well, if we can get the flyer perfected as a general statement with bullet points, I can ride there in less then 1.5 hours.  How can we find out when the next conference is so we can set a goal?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting stuff done
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »
I can edit the flyer.

Next parent conference? Hey ex-staff: when are the conferences held?

I actually have an idea on how to find out if noone answers.

Offline Polarbear

• View Profile
Getting stuff done
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 02:31:00 AM »
Sounds like an interesting plan.  I would be interested in seeing what y'all do.  Here's the thought that comes to mind.  I don't know about CEDU, but generally there was only one hotel in the area that RMA could use back then.  If CEDU uses a hotel to run workshops or whatever, target that one.  Try to find out if they're reserving the meeting rooms or facilities in the near future because you're interested in scheduling a monthly meeting.  Seems like the visits were always on weekends, so you would have a window running between, say thursday night through monday morning.  That's just my thought.  

Then again, if you're still in contact with parents of students, just ask them if they know.

Enjoy-Polarbear

Offline Polarbear

• View Profile
Getting stuff done
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 02:36:00 AM »
BTW- you might want to start thinking OPSEC-Operational Security.  That means taking security precautions because your opposition probably reads this site, too.  You might want to look into getting your trusted people on board for this and cutting off access to the vitals.  Maybe use PMs or email.  You might be doing this already, I don't know.  But leave all your planning out in the open and you could be confronted by all sorts of security and harassment.  Enjoy-Polarbear

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Getting stuff done
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »
We are using P.M.'s and e'mails and phones.  I'm not letting any of this information get into anyone's hands unless I know their real names.  And I'm definitely not going to trust an Anonymous poster to "edit" my flyers.  Come on Anonymous- Do you think I was born yesterday?

P.S. Don't you guys worry about anything.  I'll do all the dirty work.  Just send me information.

[ This Message was edited by: Bryan Felsher on 2004-10-25 11:00 ]

Offline Mondamin0603

• View Profile
    • http://publish.hometown.aol.com/_cqr/qp/qp.adp?time=1098547278&cc=english&prompt=profile
Getting stuff done
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 01:20:00 AM »
If there is anyone from Chicago or the burbs that would like to help me inform people at the workshop for Provo Canyon School on Dec 4th? Please let me know. Although it's for a different program lots of inquiring parents go there and most of the time send their kids to a Cedu program first since it's "less severe" of a program. Provo is always on the lookout for me so it would be great to have other voices. In the meantime we need to somehow get to the educational consultants. On top of getting paid a consulting fee by parents educational consultants receive a rather hefty commision from Cedu schools if they refer a child there.'
Nicole

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting stuff done
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 02:43:00 AM »
Hi Nicole,

I know you posted this awhile ago, but I would definately go to Chicago, anytime, to go to the Provo Canyon School parents group ( or whatever group they are having).

*Does anyone know how I can get this persons email address?  

My friend Angie Curry (also PCS survivor) lives near Chicago, and I'm sure she would want to go, also.  

Thanks,
Megan Flynn

[email protected]