Author Topic: The ring  (Read 32886 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2003, 01:01:00 PM »
The whole idea of the ring sounds absuive but it really wasn't.They would make you wear these big huge gloves that really didn't do any damage to anyone.It was like hitting someone with a pillow followed by some weight to it.I never seen anyone get hurt, but I'm sure there was people that got hurt,I just didn't think it really hurt when someone hit you with those huge gloves on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2003, 01:16:00 PM »
It was you idiot, what about that kid who got his nose broken?

Offline Matt C. Hoffman

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2003, 08:16:00 PM »
74 to 76  I saw many people go in the ring . As residents we were told that the only way you would be put in to the ring is if you broke the cardnal rule of no physical violence of any kind .

Yet as one became more aware of what was going on in the place you quickly came to realize that the ring was used at the whim of the directors .

I saw noses broken and people hurt ,it was a sick and violent way to treat people .  

And no it does not surprise me that someone with an anuerysm died in the ring .It does surprise me that someone dies in the ring and elan remains unscathed .

Something smells very rotten in the state o maine and it smells like death .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2003, 03:38:00 AM »
The whole idea of the ring sounds absuive but it really wasn't.They would make you wear these big huge gloves that really didn't do any damage to anyone.It was like hitting someone with a pillow followed by some weight to it.I never seen anyone get hurt, but I'm sure there was people that got hurt,I just didn't think it really hurt when someone hit you with those huge gloves on.......................

sounds like it was abusive but wasnt??? my mind warbles at the possibilty that someone could actually think that ,, unless of course your staff or just a plant..i wont regress to calling you names,,if youve never seen welts  left from a 1 pound glove i guess u can consider yourself lucky. i guess by that reasoning it wasnt abusive to step on peoples neck , keeping there face in the corner,it didnt really hurt them. so what if they were made to piss themselves,, its just a lille piss.and the residents{im mostly refering to women} who were forced to divulge  extremely personal incidents ,, then be made to wear a sign that does nuthin  but belittle and degrade even further?the worst 1 i saw was "please  ask me how i feel about having to  have sex with my mother at gunpoint"i mean cmon,, staff had no real clue,, and were sick ,, twisted fucks,, as well as completely without imagination,, unless was leaning towards depravety..but its ok,, it only looks real bad

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The ring
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2003, 08:01:00 AM »
On 2003-12-14 00:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"my mind warbles at the possibilty that someone could actually think that ,, unless of course your staff or just a plant"

Or just hasn't got it all sorted out yet. When I first got out, HRS (Florida's CPS agency in those days) was investigating Straight and wanted me to testify. I couldn't say I was abused because, at the time, I didn't view it that way. The one time I got sat on, I viewed it as my choice and it didn't bother me. They'd ask if I ever saw anyone get sat on and I'd say "Well yes, but they were misbehaving."

The group was very much like family to me. Family I didn't particularly want to ever see again, but family none the less. I didn't want to hurt them and I had, after all, agreed to everything at every step along the way. And there was the confidentiality thing. Then there was the problem of people just not understanding.

Do I testify that Robin Peele was the staff in group that after noon when I got sat on? Why would I do that? She didn't order it and she sent the girl back to group who had covered my mouth and nose. I thought she was being very reasonable and kind. I still believe she and the other staff thought they were doing the right thing. They probably don't believe that these days any more than I do.

I couldn't explain to anyone why I was so desperate to get out when I did. It didn't even make sense to me. It was only a couple more months till I turned 18, I was on the highest phase already. Any Friday then, I was sure they were going to graduate me. But I just had to get the hell out, get away, clear my head RIGHT THEN!!It took awhile.

The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060007761/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Alexander Solzhenitsyn

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2003, 10:03:00 PM »
On 2003-10-31 10:31:00, Becca wrote:

"The ring ended in the fall of 2000.  I was a resident at elan 8 at the time, I was one of the last people to go in the ring.  Although many of you disagree I fell it was probably one of the more productive things at Elan.  I personally learned that there are real consequences for my actions.  I know this may not be the popular opinion aroud here, but I think the students of Elan would be better off if it was still in concept."

You are a moron. There are plently of ways to learn that there are consequences for your actions, I'm sure you also had a GM. And maybe if there was no ring, people like Jenn Ferro and Jodie Stilson would have acted differently, because people like me would have pounded the living shit out of them without having to worry about the ring.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2003, 10:04:00 PM »
Oh, and another thing, Becca. THE RING IS PROBABLY ILLEGAL.

Offline SyN

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »
i dont think it was.. i say this cause i was in so many and i know every time they always called the parents or guardian( be it the state or parents i dont know.) to clear the ring with them and recorded such clearings on audio tape.  I pummeled and was pummeled. As far as i see it, that was nothing compared to the old school.  talk to jackie or matt or art, they will tell you shit where your glad that was the farthest they could go in the 90's. give me 16 oz gloves head gear and a mouth guard any day compared to the old school fukd up shit any day.  Much respect to the old school survivors.!
SyN
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2003, 12:01:00 AM »
I must say I was totally against the ring but I didnt mind it when Pete Rowe said I could be in it to kick the shit out of someone much better than any enc grp

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2003, 09:02:00 AM »
I went in the ring once (to fight the offender, not because I did anything wrong).  Looking back, I think it was rather pointless.  Someone could get hurt and and I saw one person vomit all over the floor after going in the ring.  That can't be healthy.  Of course they made him keep standing and take the GM.

Offline 88

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2003, 09:15:00 AM »
I feel sorry for the shotdown that had to clean up the vomit.

Offline 88

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2003, 09:22:00 AM »
One time Marc Rosenberg ordered this student to go into the ring because he acted out in the corner and ripped down production.When the ring was formed the student asked Marc to go round and round with him in the ring, Marc chickened out and made up excuses.Anyway the corner person kicked the shit out of the hero and suckered punched Rosenberg and Marc fell on his ass.Another student was placed in the ring with him and also lost to him.Jeff broke the ring up and continued with the GM.
That day the corner person Tom was his name, prevailed and got the best of elan.I was his S.P. at the time and was cheering him on from the begining.Gottlieb confronted me as to why I stood by his side and I said, Jeff this is the United States of America, I can support any one I want to.Jeff shook his head and walked away.What was elan gonna do? Take away my constitional rights?

Offline IH8 Elan

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2003, 08:48:00 AM »
So when did Elan get rid of the ring? Was it because someone finally got hurt and elan decided not to use it anymore?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »
State cracked down and made them get rid of it. They would never have done anything on their own.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ring
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »
How did the ring last as long as it did?  It's so brutal and horrifying.  God I hated elan so much I wish it would burn to the ground.  I also wish I could drop a bomb on Marc Rosenburgs house.