Author Topic: STAND UP! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a whi  (Read 8877 times)

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
STAND UP! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a whi
« on: June 11, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »
I remember the only time that I was told to stand up and tell what was going on with me was during a guys rap. At the same time a good friend of mine Michael, (we car pooled together to and from south Dade) was also told to stand up. I really think that the staff was searching to see if we would break and confess to something, anything.I remember Robert pacing back and forth and pointing , he seem to get more aggressive as we kept saying that we were just fine and that nothing was up. Cliff,Nick,Robert and John all had their shots at us along with few of the other kids in the group.I think now maybe the reason for this sceen was they really had no info from others that lived in our area. That night when were getting ready to leave(Who can give a ride time) Libby came onto the floor and tried to get someone to give Michael a rid home.She didnt want us riding together any more. No reason that I knew of. This lasted only for a couple of days and we were back riding together again. Finally, when we were back riding home together again I asked Michael what he thought the stand up deal was about? He laughed, and said that he had seen that line before and that one of us was fixing to get of the program. Mike was gone wthin two weeks. Was it just a shot in the dark? Could it be a test for Robert? Was it a test for Mike and Me? I will never know. Not long after this I was asked by Libby if I wanted to be a trucker. A reward under the guise of a watchful eye ? I think not. Just free labor.

TRUCKER
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 09:15:00 PM »
On 2005-06-11 14:47:00, TRUCKER wrote:

He laughed, and said that he had seen that line before and that one of us was fixing to get of the program. Mike was gone wthin two weeks. Was it just a shot in the dark? Could it be a test for Robert? Was it a test for Mike and Me? I will never know.

Or a self fullfiling prophesey that they never figured out? I think staff probably came to these weird conclusions about something going on w/ somebody the same way group members did; sheer speculation. If you grill someone long enough, either they break* and cop to something or they don't and soon come to realize that the omnicient staff is actually full of shit and move on.

* But I ask you, why?! Why!? Why does break mean one thing and brake mean another? When you brake, aren't you breaking progress? What fool king decreed that one should be a sin and the other rightious?

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
-- Albert Einstein

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »
My sister and I got grilled for 4 hours in the back rooms of the st pete seed and put on refreshers..and they never told us why. They just kept coming in, telling us they knew something was up and we better confess. we had nothing to confess to. They would abrubtly leave us alone and it would get eerily quite.  I held my finger up to my mouth to make sure my sister got the message that we were being listened to, because I could here people behind the cheaply panelled partitions.

I was led out to the group and the group was told I was being put on refresher. I was put on like the 3 row, inside seat. No come down on, nothing.

Within a couple days, I was off refresher and the incident was never spoken of again.

Looking back, I think they were trying to conjure up some bullshit,and maybe there was a minor complaint from my step mother. Maybe we weren't doing her work around the house in an acceptable manner or something.

That place was just plain weird.

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »
Trucker, I'm really glad that you posted that. Something similar happened to me and I've wondered to this day what happened. The only time I was ever stood up was once as an oldcomer. Robert stood me up and began to really 'tell me where I was at', ripped into me good. The only problem was nothing...absolutely nothing..that he said made any sense or applied to me in the least. Under normal circumstances I would probably have been incredibly hurt or even in tears. But this time I was merely amused by the whole thing and completely unmoved. It seemed ridiculous...as if someone had accused me of being a russian spy. I graduated just a few weeks later. I never put the two events together until reading your post. Wondering if this was standard practice for some people before they let them graduate? Maybe just to see if they'd cop to something or breakdown. I must have passed their peculiar test.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »
On 2005-06-12 17:25:00, marshall wrote:

I graduated just a few weeks later. I never put the two events together until reading your post. Wondering if this was standard practice for some people before they let them graduate? Maybe just to see if they'd cop to something or breakdown. I must have passed their peculiar test.

Oh, man! I just remembered something! A boy named Pete got stood up. He started crying and explaining some vague sense of not doing good, but he didn't know what or why. I spotted the fraud and, I guess the devil made me do it, I put my hand up and told him I thought he was full of shit. Didn't know why, didn't think I knew what was really up. Just that I didn't buy the crocodile tears. He wa shocked! Next thing I know, he's graduated and promoted to Jr. staff and I languished on 5th phase pretraining for longer than I could tolerate.

The law in its majestic equality, forbids all men to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread - the rich as well as the poor

--Anatole France

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »
You are totally off base.  Don't think so much.
You might explode ::jawdrop::
You are starting to sound like you can read anything into anything.  You loose credibility.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »
Why is her memory any less valid than anyone elses?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »
It's not. I'm just tellin it like Ize seeze it.

Offline I'll kick your arse

• View Profile
Re: STAND UP! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 10:35:56 PM »
:seg: