Author Topic: Peaceful Organized Dissent  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Polarbear

• View Profile
Peaceful Organized Dissent
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »
I don't think you have much of a chance at trying to fight CEDU by citing violations of your Constitiutional rights.  
I don't know how old you are, but if you're a minor I think most people won't care.  An attorney might listen, but without concrete proof I don't think he'll give you the time of day.
Also, most people are going to believe that an institution that deals with troubled youth needs to be strict.  A place dedicated to dealing with troubled youth pretty much has a mandate to do whatever it takes to get the job done.  No one ever looks into such places.  After all, how can you trust the inmates?  They're troubled!

I remember sitting in the wood corral at RMA and coming up with the same arguments with my friends years ago.  It's just pie in the sky.  I imagine the powers that be would reason that students, being minors, are not really expected to exercise their freedoms as adults do.  That's why they can't stop an 18 year old from walking out the door, but can halt a 17 year old.  
Enjoy-Polarbear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »