Author Topic: Intakes and Birthdays  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« on: October 16, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »
I was just reading the latest posts, and it occured to me that many of us seemed to have been shanghaied into the program on or around our birthdays.  

I wonder if this pattern has a cause?

I was put in the day after my birthday.  

Who else?

We need cops.

We can't live without 'em.

But they need to start working for us....

That's no longer an option.

They've pushed it.

They've gone to far.

They've just gone to far.
http://www.freedomtoexhale.com/rb.htm' target='_new'>Tom Crosslin

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »
On 2004-10-16 09:00:00, Carmel wrote:

What better birthday present could a parent give their undeserving, ingrate druggie kid than the gift of being sent to Straight?  This, in turn, will lead to the "gift of Awareness"!  Quit complaining, druggie-- that birthday would have been your last had your parents not shown the compassion and wisdom to send you to Straight.  I think you would do well to sign yourself in to the new, improved, all-ages Straight, Inc. v2.0.  Maybe some time on front row will give you a new perspective and some appreciation for the sacrifices your family and I made in our selfless attempts to save you from yourself and your twisted, chemically induced druggie will.

Love ya!  Have a seat!
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline whiterabbit

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »
My intake was on my birthday-my 15th. This Wednesday will be 24 years since my intake...and 21 since my termination.

I was terminated on my 18th for refusing to go in for a "14 day" refresher.

Babylon in all its desolation is a sight not so awful as that of the human mind in ruins.
-- Scrope Davies: Letter to Thomas Raikes, May 25, 1835.

traight Incorporated is a disease

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »
I was told we were going shopping for my  14th birthday.My parents use to go to warehouse stores where companys would buy quantities of clothes.. So comming to the building didn't seem odd.. I will never forget sitting in the intake room. 4 other teens came in and an older person. I assumed we were going to be told of the rules or there was a wait to get into the buyers warehouse.. Then the lady said, "Do you know where you are." I responded" yes,a place to shop" she said"You are at a drug rehab". I was stunned.. Thats when the 4 teens blocked the door. I couldn't do anything.

To this day the whole week of my birthday is one big sad , crying time.I never celebrate it, ever. I will probably never forgive my parents for doing that to me the way they did.

Offline shady grove

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »
I got into the car and my dad had his saudi employees got in on either side of the back seat. He said," we're going to straight".

I was scared but partly relieved. I heard straight was a very caring place with other kids who wanted to help me. I was in alot of pain, was planning my suicide and new I had no hope for sanity. Unless...unless this straight really could help. Maybe it could. I didn't want to stop smoking PCP and drinking, but I wanted the pain to stop. Maybe if I was taken to a legitamate rehab then, I would have gotten clean without emotional baggage 16 years later! But then, no other place had the success record, right? I can't blame him...he loved me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »
Saudi employees, Jeesh...I would Be TERRIFIED!!

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »
My intake was 12 days after my birthday

Don

On 2004-10-16 09:00:00, Carmel wrote:

"I was just reading the latest posts, and it occured to me that many of us seemed to have been shanghaied into the program on or around our birthdays.  

Who else
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 04:20:00 PM »

Maybe it's an insurance thing?  :???:

Withdraw, that is just so wrong.

I don't think my intake was notably close to my BD.  

"I predict, Sir, that you will die either by hanging or of some vile disease."
 "That all depends, sir, upon whether I embrace your principles or your mistress."
--Disraeli to Gladstone

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 01:16:00 AM »
Hi all, in the spirit of things, I was placed into the program on someones birthday, my Mom's birthday to be exact.  She must have been on the biggest manic high of her life.  It needed to be done though, because I seriously think that if she had not placed me into the program when she did, that things would have come to a head and I would have either burned the goddamn house down, or maybe even killed someone.  I was messed up to be sure, but it was not pot or drugs or alchohol.  I was messed up on the simple fact that I came from an abusive childhood, been passed over countless times from help that was only available to the rich and powerful, and left to rot in my own world of shit that was NOT of my own making.  Had it not been for my father entering the program with my dumbass stepbrother's problems with huffing chemicals and shit, I would have never been a part of the Straight nightmare.  Instead, I was ensnared by their greed and over time I was yanked away and placed into the loving hands of "Daddy Warbucks" since my father worked for General Electric.  I have mentioned this fact before in other posts that the leaders of Straight targeted parents who worked in the Defense Industry.  The reason was simple.  They had the fuckin money.  They scared the shit out of these parents with their ill gotten footage of car crashes and OD's and shit and made a good enough sales pitch to hook them in.  Man 'O day, if we could only find a viable link to put the person responsable into finding and recruiting families of the Tampa Bay area defense workers of that time period, we would have a valid point into the illegal coersion of countless Straight Inc. victims.  Anyone with anything pertanent on that please E-mail me on it and I will see what I can do.    85-DJ
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »
Investigation doc on a similiar program.

""Client #8, aged 16, entered March 31, 1987 and interviewed March 22, 1988, Phase One, said she was tricked into entering the program when her mother offered to take her to brunch on her birthday.""

Me

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »
Another thing that bugs me today .. I have read many , like myself, should have come up clean on the intake ~drug test~ ( I just didn't do drugs, drank sometimes, but had only expirmented several months before w/ only pot and decided it wasn't my thing ) How did they convince our parents  that we had a DRUG problem? I had a family problem....Happy Birthday to me!!

Offline shaneunc

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »
DELETE
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:17:11 AM by shaneunc »

Offline shady grove

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »
Yeah, I was in a horribly abusive home in Landover, MD. Oldcomer was fourteen and very violent b/c he had never done drugs (Emanuel C.) They sent me there, I believe, to put "fire under my ass" because it was in the ghetto and he was such a dick. Food very rationed. Host mom tried whole-heartedly to convince me that it  was my fault that my Mom died of leukemia. "She just gave up b/c you were so bad". Saw the other newc get beaten alot and once pushed down the stairs. (Yes I reported it). Jason, I hope you're ok. Then one night the three of us fell asleep while listening to people (girls) partying and shooting off fireworks in the neighboring apartment on Jan 1.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »
On 2004-10-18 07:38:00, Withdraw wrote:

"Another thing that bugs me today .. I have read many , like myself, should have come up clean on the intake ~drug test~ ( I just didn't do drugs, drank sometimes, but had only expirmented several months before w/ only pot and decided it wasn't my thing ) How did they convince our parents  that we had a DRUG problem? I had a family problem....Happy Birthday to me!!"

My guess? The very same way Miller Newton convinced my father that I was a coke-head. He just plain lied and my dad believed him.

In war, the stronger overcomes the weaker. In business, the stronger imparts strength to the weaker.
--Frederic Bastiat

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
Intakes and Birthdays
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »
SHANE UNC = The reason they didnt tell your parents is because then they can use the fact that your parnts drove all the way from NC to see your sorry ass and you got yourself set back! Ungreatful little shit!
  Then youd get ripped and get a nice mike talk over it...was all your fault then right?

Thats their modus operandi. Fucking sick.
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S