Author Topic: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2004, 07:43:00 AM »
Ahh my area of expertise!  I wish I could say Straight caused my OCD but I have had it since childhood.  I remember as a kid that you did not hear the term OCD, I thought I was crazy!

Then a great book came out, people started recognizing the disorder.  Turns out it is more common than we thought.

The book is called "The boy who couldn't stop washing" By Dr Judith L Rappoport.  It has several different personal stories in it (so many sides to OCD, you may be a washer, a checker, etc)

Just wanted to tell you, all the SSRIs like prozac can do wonders.  I have known people with very severe OCD take it and in 2 weeks see *poof* all that stress gone.

Also, there have been links between strep throat and OCD.  Some never had OCD tendencies but strep throat they think some how may "trigger" something that was otherwise dormant.

Just food for thought...

Thea
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »
All of these behaviors result from the inability of you druggie cretins to properly apply the Tools of Personal Change that I provided you with in the Program.  They are all correctable, provided there is a willingness to "turn your will and your life over to the care of" Straight, Inc. You goddamn druggies with your incessant whining will suffer these maladies and others, up to and including suicide, unless you do a searching and fearless Moral Inventory of yourselves, after which you will realize that I am speaking the truth, as I always have.  There is still plenty of room for you at the new, improved, all ages Straight, Inc. v2.0.  There is NOT plenty of time, though, druggies.  You need to "make a decision" and sign yourself in as soon as possible, or you will wind up DEAD, INSANE, or IN JAIL.  As much as it deeply saddens me, I'm sure a few of you will obstinately continue with your fucked-up druggie lifestyles, waking up in gutters outside of biker bars, covered in filth and regurgitation from your latest acts of succombing to the sick and twisted desires of your druggie wills.  The only way out of this self-imposed exile to Hell is to embrace the Steps as they are presented at Straight, Inc.

Love ya!  Have a seat....
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline shady grove

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »
Don't forget checking the stove knobs. Hey, anon, are you Craig S?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »
The stove knobs! Weirdness, that somebody else does the same things!

I am anon for now, but not Craig S, maybe you meant the other anon.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 09:50:00 PM »
There are all sorts of "quirks" with OCD.  Most common are checkers i.e, "did i REALLY turn the stove off, are the doors REALLY locked?"

Washers, who have been known to scrub their skin raw because it still didn't feel "right"

Hoarders who refuse to throw ANYTHING away...

Some have number obsessions, like superstition run awry, maybe they only like even numbers...

An obsession with symmetry, having things "lined up" perfect

A severe need for perfection " I cannot leave the house until it is perfect"

Funny thing is, those with severe OCD may look unkept and same for their homes i.e, "all these rules so it is easier not to bathe or clean because I'll get stuck in it"

List goes on and on...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2005, 03:45:00 PM »
This thread is pertinent to today's antics for obvious reasons

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »
Just another made up disorder created by pharmacys/drug companies in order to legally sell you SPEED.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2005, 07:12:00 PM »
::bump::