Author Topic: Cascade School  (Read 40494 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »
For the person looking for others that were there 93-94, you didn't put your name so I'm not sure if I knew you ? I was there 92-94

Lori Funk
[email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline jrsusmc

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2005, 12:07:00 AM »
Jon Sandell is my name.  Who did you know that went there around the same time we did?

Offline sga86

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2005, 03:50:00 AM »
When i was at CHS, just before i got sent to Ascent, there was this gurl.. i forgot her name, but she came because Cascade was shut-down. Then when i was in NWA, there was this Sara in my group #27, and in group #25 was Will both from cascade after it was shutdown. I think they were bf-gf at the time and both were on ban from each other. So my questions is what happened? how did Cascade shutdown??

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »
Someone who was actually there told the whole story in one of the posts here about Cascade...can't remember what it was called though. Sounds like everybody just started refusing to do anything. Then a bunch of them just started nailin' each other and snorting their meds, staff announced the place was shutting down, and people just went home or got shipped off again.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
Regarding Paula Rudy-

If I recall correctly, she was a tiny, anorexic-looking woman. I rememeber her complaining to a student that she was considering getting her non-existent thighs liposuctioned. I wouldn't trust anyone from Cascsade as a education consultant. I doubt any of the staff members had academic backrounds in education of child psychology. They mostly struck me as social misfits (at best) and child molesters. I was very young when I went to Cascade, and I was expelled shortly thereafter. I was probably te youngest student there. I had never smoked marajuana or indulged in alcohol. The whole experience, while short, was infinatly traumatic. I'm about to turn 26, and even though I'm married, have two lovely children, and a great husband, Cascade is always "with me" so to speak.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »
Who are you? I was there for two months in the beginning of '94. I was 13. I was with..let's see...David Freedlander, some Lithuanian dude, and a bunch of others who's names have slipped my mind. My name is Susie. I was blonde, liked to read all the time, and eventually slashed my wrists so that they'd kick me out. I think I had a lot of acne, too. Does this ring a bell?

Offline jrsusmc

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
I got there a little after the lithuanian guy left.  I remember hearing stories about him though.  From Ryan Powell, and Dave williams.  My name is Jon.  I played soccer, and went fishing alot. I am from Ca. Susie huh?  Not ring'n a bell.  I do remember Dave freedlander though. What is your last name?  I still have my cascade school yearbook.  Are you in it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »
Does anyone know what happened to Michael Allgood?

Offline kathryn

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2005, 08:08:00 AM »
No, but who was his boyfriend?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »
I was at one time sugarpie :wink:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »
I understand that many of us had varied experiences at Cascade, some not positive. Not every program works for everyone. Instead of bashing the school and going on an on about bullshit in terms of finances,  consider that the school helped many people in different ways. For some people, like myself, it gave me an awareness I had not had before. If anything it helped me form really strong friendships with people. Someone earlier in the posts talked about how the people she new were on drugs, or pregnant out of wedlock, and therefore this says something about the school. Cascade was not a place to get fixed. Almost all the poeple I know who graduated had a difficult time with drugs, or other behavior that was unhealthy. None of us are perfect, we all go back to old behaviors when we feel scared or confused or distressed. I dont believe anyone who has left cascade is perfect, we all make mistakes, and hopefully as we mature we learn from them. I went to Cascade in 96' and alot of my friends and people there had some really horrific or sad things happen to them in their life, just as I am sure the people who have written these angry posts have. You never get over your pain, it is a struggle every day to make the right choices and to do things that will make your life better. Rather than spending your time bashing cascade, put your energy into something else. We are only human. the couselors were not perfect, you are not perfect, and look at your experiences and learn something from them. Even if you hated Cascade, which you have the right to if you so choose, I am sure there were things, positive and unforgettable things, moments, that you will never forget. Cascade saved my life, and i'm sorry that other people did nothave the same positive experience. different things work for different people.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »
On 2006-01-02 12:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I understand that many of us had varied experiences at Cascade, some not positive. Not every program works for everyone. Instead of bashing the school and going on an on about bullshit in terms of finances,  consider that the school helped many people in different ways. For some people, like myself, it gave me an awareness I had not had before. If anything it helped me form really strong friendships with people. Someone earlier in the posts talked about how the people she new were on drugs, or pregnant out of wedlock, and therefore this says something about the school. Cascade was not a place to get fixed. Almost all the poeple I know who graduated had a difficult time with drugs, or other behavior that was unhealthy. None of us are perfect, we all go back to old behaviors when we feel scared or confused or distressed. I dont believe anyone who has left cascade is perfect, we all make mistakes, and hopefully as we mature we learn from them. I went to Cascade in 96' and alot of my friends and people there had some really horrific or sad things happen to them in their life, just as I am sure the people who have written these angry posts have. You never get over your pain, it is a struggle every day to make the right choices and to do things that will make your life better. Rather than spending your time bashing cascade, put your energy into something else. We are only human. the couselors were not perfect, you are not perfect, and look at your experiences and learn something from them. Even if you hated Cascade, which you have the right to if you so choose, I am sure there were things, positive and unforgettable things, moments, that you will never forget. Cascade saved my life, and i'm sorry that other people did nothave the same positive experience. different things work for different people. "

I guess being abused is good for some people.  For the vast majority, it isn't.  Who are you to say that these people haven't "moved on" from their experiences?  Did you ever stop to think that one purpose of posting here is to raise the awareness level of people who may potentially fall victim to the same abuse?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »
Rather than spending your time bashing cascade, put your energy into something else.>>>

rather than spend your energy evaluating the posters here and suggesting what they should do, put your energy into something else.
some DID learn something there, and they are attempting to share that with others, in a way that's meaningful to them, otherwise, they wouldn't use their time that way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »
Cascade is a good School, get with it!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cascade School
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »
On 2006-01-02 17:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Cascade is a good School, get with it!"

Oh!  Well that statement sure has convinced me!  I guess I don't really need to do any research on my own.  You've cleared up EVERYthing.   :roll:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: