Author Topic: Take The Best, Forget the Rest  (Read 10241 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Take The Best, Forget the Rest
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »
Anon,
How do you define psychopath?
To suggest that people who were hurt by the industry are psychopathic addicts who are in denial; is as ludicrous and ignorant as saying a person who diagrees with the current administration is not patriotic. You're a sick puppy. But then you were conditioned by your captors. Why don't you stick to telling your pathetic story and lay off others who are trying to get the word out so parents can make an informed decision.
It's rude to come into a survivor site and call names, or didn't they teach you that. Woops, they did teach you that its fine, so long as the name calling and rudeness is directed at detractors.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »
The "best" part of Cedu was "Getting the Hell Out of There!"  Sorry, but I never found anything at Cedu that was worth taking with me!

Don't you guys just love how all of these Pro-Cedu Program losers come out here and tell us to forget about what happens there and move on?

Newsflash for the Cedu Sheep, most of us have moved on, and we have our own lives. But Did it ever occur to you that many people don't forget how cedu hurt them because they CAN'T Forget How Cedu Hurt Them?  Also, I'll bet there are many former students who still suffer lasting repurcussions from how badly Cedu fucked up their lives, that would make it a little difficult to move on, don't you think?

Only a Certified-Programmed-Cedu-Sheep-Drone,   would come here and declare that everyone who posts negatively about Cedu are "Liars, Druggies,and Losers, who won't accept responsibility for their lives!"

That's the same kind of bullshit generalizations that cedu staff would make about Kids who split, were pulled, or sent away.

It's all part of that whole dismissive "Cedu is Never Wrong and If you don't see that, it's because You're Fucked In the Head " attitude, from which Cedu staff justifies everything they do to kids, no matter how cruel or wrong it is.

Sorry pal, but I couldn't accept that logic the first time I heard it,and I sure as hell won't accept it now!

It's funny how you came out here and advised the rest of us to forget about Cedu and move on.

You yourself graduated cedu several years ago, yet you're still defending the school,and telling everyone how great & how wise Cedu is... just like some hyperactive, ass-licking, older student!  You're still attacking people who disagree with the program, just like staff trained you to do.

Have YOU Really Moved On?

Maybe YOU should follow your own advice.

[ This Message was edited by: SON OF SERBIA on 2004-10-14 06:40 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »
My favorite is the person who said CEDU "saved" her even though she was an addict for years and years afterward....She actually said that CEDU gave her the tools to get through life. Whatever tools CEDU gave her she needed heroin to cope for yers afterward.

Talk about brainwashed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »
we used to hear that in 82 when i was there and all the posts about cedu thinking they know all  is right.  the excuse they gave was that cedu is conditonal love, if you stay we will be your friend but if not you are fucked forever. the excuse all the sheep gave is that they want to have friends and that  anyone who left was not serious and just looking for a way out.  it is amazing how all these mindfuckers believed all the lies the place fed. cedu said they were all loyal  but  the minute you left  they would try to ruin you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »
The truth is that some of you probably needed to be sent to that hellhole and some of you didn't.  Only you know the truth about that.

But CEDU didn't care if you needed to be there or not.  If you're parents were willing to dish out the dough, CEDU would create a reason for you to be there.

This is business 101.  It is a for profit organization and that is how they operate.  It's no different than selling fancy shoes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2004, 10:03:00 PM »
Son of Serbia, eh?  Well Slobodan---here's some news for youI don't give a fuck for your advice your obsession with sheep, farm boy--or your ideas on who posts here.

Wake up Slob it's not your call Isay what I want where I want,if it is pisses you off great if it helps somebody else not hhave their kid end up a pathetic overage junkie boy like you even better

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2004, 11:14:00 PM »
I don't know why I bother because Serb can definitely fight his own battles (watch your ass anon) but he and many other anti-CEDU-ites are very successful in many different realms. He is certainly no junkie.  

But what is your definition of success anyway? What if the school did fuck people up, like people are fucked up over horrific trauma?  Are we supposed to apologize for that?  BULLSHIT.

Is someone successful when they have a good job but stump for CEDU when it is fundamentally unethical?  It sold our parents false academic and therapeutic promises, propagated medical neglect, crossed every therapeutic boundary imaginable and encouraged psychological and verbal abuse.  That is not therapy. It's not even "tough love." It's just abuse. Do you know how many kids were coerced to admit things that were lies about themselves under heavy barrage and badgering??  

Maybe being successful isn't rationalizing some experience so you can feel you didn't waste your fucking time and effort but finally owning what happened to you and trying to make others aware for their own sake (or for their kids').
hanlea

Offline bradensmith

• View Profile
    • http://www.bradensdomain.netfirms.com
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »
I am wondering what realms of success there are.  Has this site, really made any progress? Please respond.
=====
B-Man
======
Braden Smith
\":)\"

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »
Yes,it has.  There have been several parents calling some of us rethinking their decisions and either pulling their kid out or not sending them at all and looking for a healthier alternative.
Also, for other parents, it is just helpful to look at the cons and not just the pros given by testimonials from the brochure.  (By the way, I know for a fact some kids did do positive testimonials for different programs and wish they could take it back because it was before they felt they could freely think about the experience.  

(I split CEDU so I was persona non grata and it was really difficult to go from such an intense, insulated environment to the real world again.  I didn't split to fuck up; I actually continued on the path I was on right before CEDU and REALLY coped with some trauma and went back to school and excelled. Still, it was such a BIZARRE experience that for me it was helpful to talk about it because I never did for years and years.)
hanlea

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »
shanlea, i would have to agree with what you said.  i posted my phone number and e-mail address and my name, and i've had parents and kids who have had their siblings sent to CEDU, asking me for advice on what to do.  and so far, i've hopefuly had a parent pull their child from CEDU, and right now i'm working with some one else helping them get their brother out of CEDU.  so, i would have to concur with the fact that we are being successful in what we are doing here.
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2004, 02:38:00 PM »
On 2004-10-14 08:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"My favorite is the person who said CEDU "saved" her even though she was an addict for years and years afterward....She actually said that CEDU gave her the tools to get through life. Whatever tools CEDU gave her she needed heroin to cope for yers afterward.

Talk about brainwashed.  "

I have a brother who went through the Seed twice in the `70's. Afterward, he went to AA, NA, Gamblers Anonymous, inpatient, outpatient, halfway house, etc. Married three times, the third being a gal he met through an online NA support group.

But he says the same thing every time I talk to him; that good ol'e Art Barker gave hime the precious tools to live by and that he's finally, just this year, figured out how to use them. As de dawg chases his tail...

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals;  I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.  
-- A. Whitney Brown

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »
I went to Cascade school until it shut down. It doesn't appear all of you have the correct message so i will give you the rundown. One weekend the kids got fed up and planned. Monday they went straight from school to their dorms about 20 of 120 people did not participate and the girls wsent over to the guys dorms in bras and skirts. Then they all just sat and chilled playing music and shit.  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »
I think that was because of the amount of unprotected sex going on thats why it got shut down, that is sweet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2004, 04:21:00 PM »
What are you asking---what people mean by "realms of success"----if that's the question it seems like it's that kind of thing that posters at this site say when they say that smoking up or whatever is all good while they still have a job or somehting--i'd like to hear what others think it means.

Likewise what does progress mean--if it's resolution I'd guess not maybe if taking extreme stands is progress tje site is getting there

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »
for the best, i'd say it was the other kids -- my friends all thru the program -- some who were there all the time I was and lots of others who left (pulled or graduated) ahead of me and even a few who were stuck in the hellhole after i finished

to be real, at times some of them were manipulative assholes and the same ones or some of others had "anger" issues or were majorly depressed, but somehow thru it all we all found a way to connect to eachother

for the second best, i'd give props to some of the staff -- NOT ALL for sure, but there were some folks there who were more than OK and didn't play games or yell for no reason (Doug -Mike - Heidi - Norm - a few others)

so the best: people ("peer group" plus)
the rest: the rest of you regular posters have more than worked that topic into the ground

rcktmn, NC