Author Topic: confused  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
confused
« on: December 01, 2007, 12:54:47 PM »
I have been out of cedu for about four years now.  I didn't think it affected me negatively until now.  I could be wrong.  I fing myself always like not being able to act any other way than the way I was taught to act at cedu.  I tried to re connect with old friends and make new ones but it didn't work.  I see all these flaws in them that makes it too frustating to hang out with them.  And i feel like our relationship is not deep enough for it to mean anything.  I find myself trying to stay busy all day so I do not think about having friends.  Either that or I isolate and smoke.  For four years I felt like it helped.  I felt like a had something everyone else didn't.  Now I am just confused.  I like don't know how to change back.  I absolutely can not have a girlfriend, It is like a big rap and a workshop every time I do.  I just don't know what to do...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
confused
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 01:15:46 PM »
"It is like a big rap and a workshop every time I do"

Well said - you took the words right out of my mouth. That statement can only be understood by a former student.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
confused
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 01:22:03 PM »
so you feel that way too?  I didn't know if i was the only one affected by this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
confused
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 01:32:56 PM »
I feel weird posting here or like i shouldn't with all the people saying how pathetic it is too.  But I mean i made it through cedu.  Yes it is in my past.  It was not the worst experince ever.  But what it made me feel like after and how it changed me, is something i will have to deal with forever, like a big scar.  Noone will ever understand the way I am.  I don't even understand the way I am often.  I don't know if having friends is good or not even.  It is all just confusing and weird that like all of a sudden i feel the damage left not for years after my stay.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
confused
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 03:00:47 PM »
The answer to your question is yes, yes and yes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
confused
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 06:07:58 PM »
don't listen to all those ass holes who say it is so lame to post here.  i dont know what is wrong with them, but they will come around.

there is nothing wrong with coming here and talking about this.  thank god you are here and sharing with us.  i am so glad to have read your post because it reminds me that i am not the only one who struggles.

i 'graduated' from cedu 15 years ago, and i still have the same issues that you do, and i am so happy for you that it only took you four years to figure it out, it took me a lot longer.  i became a christian and isolated that way, all i did was go to church and pray.  then i moved in with a man twice my age who was schizophreinic and totally paranoid delutional because he was the only other person i could find who saw the world with as much fear and distrust as i did.

cedu is a horrible horrible place and they never wanted to help us there.  if you were helped it was because of your own strength and survival mechanisms turning their torture into something you can use, but they did not help us.  they hurt us terribly.

i am glad you are here and i hope you continue to post.  they lied to us and our parents (if your parents were involved) and now it us up to us to heal from their poisons.  they made no antidote.  it's all up to us, and we can do it :)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
confused
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 05:56:22 PM »
That is how I feel.  It looks like I am in for a lot more, fifteen years, it just doesn't go away does it?  I feel bad I have had this girlfriend for a year, and she wanted to stay with me no matter what.  I kinda transformed her into a cedu person.  I didn't realize it until now.  While she didn't go through all the crap I did at cedu, and isn't as "Ceduized" I guess you could call it as me, I feel I may have seriously changed her life for the worst.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
confused
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 06:10:20 PM »
Sit her down. Be honest with her and tell her what you just described.

That's as fair as fair can get. You didn't intend to try to convert her into quasi-cedu student and negatively influence her. Now you recognize this possibility. Tell her you want to put that behind you. I think she'll understand (eventually). Your other 2 options aren't any better:

1. ignore her

2. keep limping along.

Offline alia23

• View Profile
confused
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 08:10:11 PM »
hey :)

i dont want you to feel that just because it took me 15 years to start dealing with this that it is going to take you that long.  you have already started!!  you have a big head start on me, and that is really good.

i recommend highly that you start seeing a therapist.  i see a jungian therapist and she is very good.  you may want to do couples therapy with your girlfriend.

don't worry, it doesnt matter what youve done or said to her or how you may have misled her about the way things are in your heart.  if my gut is correct i would bet that you've trained her to be mean to you, just like you are man to yourself, and probably trained her to accept your meanness at times....  but even if this is the case, it is so much easier to learn to to be kind to eachother, because being kind is addictive, it feels really really good.

if you want to be healthy you can get healthy.  dont let anyone tell you you cant do it, you CAN do it :)  cedu taught us all to beleive in our destructive power and deny our power to heal.  they taught us we cannot grow, but we can hate and take revenge.  they taught us to see the worst of ourselves and ignore completely everything good.  

but remember that that means there is a bunch of really really good stuff about you that you don't even see, cause your mind has been trained to ignore it.  i recommend a good therapist.  i also recommend an awareness of your need for internal kindness, forgive yourself, allow yourself the space to grieve for the cruelties of your life, you will grow, we all grow.
lia
your silence will not protect you

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
confused
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 09:10:33 PM »
Wow, it's sad that those losers saying that posting is pathetic, actually make people wonder if they should post.....You need to realize that they have agendas that make them post their garbled, nonsensical insults, and not let them get to you. They are TRYING to stop you from posting as they’re mostly ex-staff trying to secret their past.

Offline stina

• View Profile
confused
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 02:36:19 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I feel weird posting here or like i shouldn't with all the people saying how pathetic it is too.  But I mean i made it through cedu.  Yes it is in my past.  It was not the worst experince ever.  But what it made me feel like after and how it changed me, is something i will have to deal with forever, like a big scar.  Noone will ever understand the way I am.  I don't even understand the way I am often.  I don't know if having friends is good or not even.  It is all just confusing and weird that like all of a sudden i feel the damage left not for years after my stay.

I completely understand this. But just know, that here, we understand. We've all been through at least part of it. This is a community. It's so odd. I actually do have good memories about RMA. And just for the record, I do not think it's pathetic to come on this forum and talk about it. Some are more bitter than others, and so be it, but the ability to communicate with people who have experienced something similar is rare when out in the world. There are just a handful of us compared to world population. And scars aren't necessarily bad. They just are. Friends are hard, i think the longer you're out of the program, you start to figure out how to do it, but I know that my first 5 years were a VERY difficult adjustment for me. I was lucky that I had a group of people from RMA who graduated after me who lived in SoCal. And so we had eachother, but I can't imagine what it would have been like if I hadn't had that support.

And I've been really upfront and honest with everyone in my life, even people I've just met, who ask where I went to high school. I say, I went to a reform "emotional growth" school in Idaho near the Canadian border and it was really fucking cold. And those that ask more questions, I answer. I've tried explaining the school to my good friends, and they know as much as I can tell them, but they don't share the experience. And that experience made me me. So I'm babbling now, but I've read a lot of posts on here where people didn't really feel that traumatized until coming on here and reading the posts in this forum. For me the whole experience is really hazy. I remember vivid snapshots where I could tell you what people were wearing, and how cold it was, and what it smelled like, and then, nothing. Just brief flashes.

I guess that I just wanted to say to all the people on here that feel alone that you're not. There are many of us who share your struggles in one way or another. And this is a good place to connect, or vent, and fuck anyone who says that it's pathetic. Because no way. We're all human and deal with things in different ways, but if you have the ability to come here and feel connected somehow, especially if you don't have that right now in your life, nothing but good is going to come from that. Wow, that was a bit more of a tangent than i expected. Stina, over and out.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.