Author Topic: Whats the deal with King George?  (Read 7122 times)

Offline Defiant's mom

• View Profile
Whats the deal with King George?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »
I thought I'd give an update for anyone interested:
My daughter signed herself out of King George School just before Christmas, and was very excited about the prospect of enrolling at a more "normal" boarding school.  It's now February, and to make a long story short, she has not been able to transfer because #1: The powers-that-be at KGS have given out very negative and obviously skewed "information" on my daughter to any other school that has inquired about her, and #2: The academic credits she received at KGS were insufficient for her grade level.  The upshot?  She will need to wait until SEPTEMBER to enter an academic boarding school, esentially REPEATING the year she spent at KGS!  On top of that, she will carry (hopefully, not for long) the stigma of the erroneous and unprofessional "diagnosis" made by the unqualified staff at KGS!  We are currently working on getting a truly professional assessment from a qualifed therapist in our local area, who recognizes the obviously biased one given by KGS.  

Parents beware!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »
Same thing happened to me when I tried to transfer from Boulder Creek to a normal (and fairly prestigious) boarding school in Massachusetts. My credits were insufficient, and the recommendations they sent over made me seem like a ticking time bomb who was going to burn the campus down.

Beware is right! Parents, quit being jackasses...if you're going to pick CEDU, you'd better realize there's no going back.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »
How old is your daughter and what grade is she supposedly in?  My daughter was halfway through junior year in high school when she essentially dropped out which would necessitate her repeating the entire year.  Now she wants to go to a structured school which would allow her to complete high school.  We were hoping she could do junior and senior year in one year at King George.  Would her diploma be valid?  Would colleges accept it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2006, 03:58:00 PM »
You'd be much better off sending your daughter to a real bording school or college prep school.  King George is not a real school,they prioritize "Emotional-Growth" exercises and workshops over real Academics.  King George DOES NOT adequately prepare kids for college.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't think my daughter would get into a "real" boarding or prep school due to her terrible junior year.  Did you go to King George?  How long ago?  Did you go on to college, or were you unable to get in?  Their literature gives a whole list of colleges to which their graduates were accepted.  Do you think they had to do postgrad work somewhere else?

Offline SolidBlues

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »
On 2005-10-22 05:25:00, Son Of Serbia wrote:

"

On 2005-10-21 16:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Did you attend King George?"

Hell No!  I was at Cedu Running Springs, the original mind-fuck factory.  I am however familiar enough with King George's methods, to honestly say that it's as worthless as the rest of the Cedu scam shacks!  KGS isn't worth your money, trust me.

If you're looking for good schools in Vermont, try the places I mentioned, specifically Rock Point School.  You won't be disappointed, and your kid will thank you for it later."

what years did you go to rock point?  my sisters went there.  they loved it.  I grew up in bvt. went to rma 89-92

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »
parents,

I think you must remember that it is not all important that your son or daughter gets into a prestigious college prep school, or should be worried at this time about college at all.  There will be time for college or votech school, or whatever, in time.  Just do the best you can for them right now.  There is no race.  If they can't get into a "real" boarding school, who cares?  Put her/him in your local HS or a local private school.

Speaking as a parent, you placed your child at KG for a reason - I would certainly have not placed my child in an EG school if she had not needed it. I knew, and you should have known that EG schools do not adequately prepare kids for college.  That is not why you sent them there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »
On 2006-05-19 18:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Speaking as a parent, you placed your child at KG for a reason - I would certainly have not placed my child in an EG school if she had not needed it. I knew, and you should have known that EG schools do not adequately prepare kids for college.  That is not why you sent them there."

You're an idiot.  If you read the posts here at all, then you'd know that this parent was not responsible for placing her daughter at King George at all.  Her ex-husband was behind it, mostly because he wanted to spite his ex-wife.

EG schools are not an adequate place for anyone, and no one needs them (despite what the EG criminals say).  Parents place their kids in EG schools for a variety of reasons, but your dreaming if you think parents don't want their kid to be prepared for college.  In fact many parents put their kids in EG "schools" for exactly that reason, because they fear that their kid wouldn't otherwise get into college.
EG consultants and administrators exploit these fears, and the alleged college success rates of these "schools" are a key marketing tool.  Anyone whose ever been in one of these places knows that the academics are a complete sham, EG programs couldn't prepare someone to tie their shoes, let alone succeed in college.  Still the EG criminals insist that they are academically sound,as well as the only alternative to children winding up dead/insane/or in jail.  They've been using this terror tactic to con parents for decades, take it from me, it simply isn't true.

The truth is that the so-called "emotional growth education" is worthless.  They rely on failed theraputic techniques that were developed by cults,and which have long since been defrocked by evey self-respecting psychologist in the field. EG "schools" favor this approach instead of giving kids a solid academic education, and teaching them real life skills that they can use.  These institutions
simply don't work, and in the vast majority of students, the harm that these programs cause far outweighs any perceived benefits.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
King George
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »
hey...i can say some stuff about KGS...i was at CEDU Running Springs *HS* from 2002-2004 then went onto normal boarding school...by my first month of senior year i had dropped outta school cuz i was doin too many drugs...so my parents send me to King George...i used to be a cutter and hadnt done it for a long ass time... i started again when i got there....i also was serious watch because i almost punched a girl...basically with KGS is that if a kid with some serious mental issues (i'm a paranoid/manic schizophrenic) needed help or some other issues, dont send them to KGS...the only thing i got out of it was a hs diploma...a lot of staff didnt want me to go to college for fear of relapse...haven't yet and i'm doin well! woot...so yeah....just say no to KGS

Offline Parents1121

• View Profile
Latest Info King George School
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2006, 01:30:46 PM »
Are there any parents of kids currently at King George who would like to share their feelings, positive and negative, about the school?  Also, any recent students...since UHS took them over?  My child is there now and I'd like to hear some opinions of others in a similar situation.