Author Topic: MY SECUIRUTY  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MY SECUIRUTY
« on: June 02, 2001, 02:18:35 AM »
MY SECUIRUTY
how is it that even though I was a minor while in treatment you were able to obtaqin the address of my parents?  News of this forum has disturbed me somewhat and I will investigate further.

I have always felt that the program was engaged in admitting teens who did not need that kind of treatment and that they were milking many middle class families dry.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
MY SECUIRUTY
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2001, 12:36:48 PM »
Re: MY SECUIRUTY
Thanks Anon,

I hear where your coming from. I was in the Cincinnati Straight from 82 till 84, graduated and moved on with my life or so I thought. I also felt that I had been thru "treatment" too. Back in 1997, years later after I had even spoke to anyone that was in Straight, I get this phone call from a guy who found my name in the newspaper from an interview I did in 1984 attempting to sell the world the idea that I was a druggie, and that Straight Inc. "helped" me. The guy was obviously persistent called directory assistance to get a hold of my current phone number. I really didn't want to hear a damned thing from him, I didn't know what his angle was that he was coming from, I thought that I had worked out that part of my life and that yeah it was a hard deal back then but I had been given a basic living structure.

Well, I don't know what possessed me, but I decided to let this person have his say, what the hell, I've heard everything else. He told me how Straight had permanently brain damaged his Son to the point where he will never be on his own again, having to be institutionalized for years before finally being able to go to hhhmmm, a halfway house, some progress huh? Compassion came across my mind from that point for this guy and his Son and the rest of his family for that matter, to imagine the magnitude of mess they are still cleaning up thanks to Straight all these years later. Like so many others, he tried to sue Straight, and his lawyers obviously did a lot of digging up on these monsters some circles would call people that once ran Straight and also who profited off the mental and emotional destruction of his Son and the rest of us.

The dirt dug up from his attorneys compiled with dirt from so many other families victimized by these bastards, has turned into an ever growing database of information which has faithfully and consistently pointed the finger at these people, Newton, Semblers, Dupont, Zapalla, and http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/5580/shamename.html'>other names you may want to look at and still this is not the complete list. I haven't even mentioned the numerous links that really establish that fact that The Seed, Straight Inc., and it's spin-offs were all cults that used Mind Raping tactics for profit. When you said "they were milking many middle class families dry", man, you were right on, that was there main target, middle and upper income families. A professor at Berkeley actually was a prosecution witness and testified at a suit brought against Straight. Her name is Margaret Singer, and here is here link on http://www.reveal.org/library/psych/singer.html'>conditions of mind control, see anything familiar here, I know when I first saw that some lights went on and God that hurt me, I guess sometimes the truth is painful.

I'll end by saying that this is the first time since this whole damned Straight Inc. thing entered my life, that I am glad to know that everything that ever happened to me and those around me wasn't my fault like Straight brainwashed into me all those years ago, it was a great feeling to let go of all that back in 1997 and I have that first contact to thank for that. It was also the first time I can remember since Straight Inc. came into my life that I could tell someone associated with Straight (didn't know how he fit in at the time) to get lost, or give em a few minutes of my time, I'm sure glad I did the latter, ever since then others around me (in my family) that because of Straight never had to take the blame for diddley squat (remember, I'm the druggie)A, now are taking it and liking it, and I'm a hell of a lot healthier, even quit smoking!

Take care....Ken >http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/smile.gif
' alt=':)'>

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
MY SECUIRUTY
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2001, 08:50:59 PM »
Re: MY SECUIRUTY
Hi. Glad you stopped by. Please make yourself comfortable. :-)

Actually, Straight gave us your parents' address. Not only do they tend to forget the confidentiality clause when they want free publicity as Ken points out, they're just as forgetful when it comes to recruiting, fund raising and damage control.

In addition to the news articles, there are 7th Step Society lists, parent team lists and host home lists laying around in dusty attics all over the country. You might have some laying around somewhere. Seems the only time they ever invoke the confidentiality clause is between parent and child or when you want to bring charges against them.

-If there's a worse idea going than locking kids up for victimless crimes, it's probably locking them in close proximity to some tyrannical altruist bent on helping them even if it kills them.
http://trebach.org/conference.html'>Saving our Children from Drug Treatment Abuse

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline kennith McCoy

• View Profile
MY SECUIRUTY
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2001, 09:16:19 PM »
hello
Well here I am not annonymous any more.  I have always had mixed feelings about straight, from some of the comments, and the stories I was told when I was there, one year. Straihgt in the early 90's was just taming down after a round of compalints.  I was there for the last of the belt looping and alot of the spit therapy sessions, but i still got my share, the older phasers delighted in telling me what I break we were all reciving compared to what they survived even just a year before.  I was in straight spriongfield VA, WAS WITHDRAWN DUE TO FINMANCIAL OBLIGATIONS AFTER ONE YEAR. Typing is not a forte of mine.  Within a year after that straight picked up over night and opened in Maryland, i saw the building and the lot, even talked to another withdrawl while I was There.

I now need to think on this, that place swallowed a whole year out of my life, and I tell you angels were watching, because for auch a light drug user upon intake I recived the least amount of s"special attention" to make sure I was not lying.  I lived witrh boys who had chosen and were allowed to all but never speak again.

I belive that I will be at the conference, my budget is so tight though, I have got many friends around DC, so I do not know in what capacity, but the things I have read so far lrad me to believe that my experience and the constitution that I feel i have may lend a hand in this effort, possibly more than the money that I dont have.

I must say though, I do have respect for the things that I chose to learn there, I am not sober and do not consider myself a drug addict as taught to me once upon a time, I am a human. I actually advocate legalization to some extent.

People need to learn to love themselves, if they wont today, maybe tommorrow, not much sense in stopping to think about it long, the world is still spinning and soon the sun will go down on another day. You better have a good idea of which way is home, or a flashlight, or a friend.

Offline KimberlyNJ

• View Profile
MY SECUIRUTY
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2001, 11:42:38 PM »
WOW!  Welcome!
I am taken aback by your post, Kenneth.  I am so glad that you found us even if it wasn't on your own accord.  I have been interested in fighting against these "rehabs" for quite some time now, just didn't really know how to go about it.  This conference I think is our beginning to all this.  I was in KIDS of Bergen County from 88-90 and experienced the "Straight" you said people threw in your face.  I experienced Miller Newton day in and day out.  

I do want to warn you, this is going to be a lot to handle.It was and still is for me.  I've had to deal with a lot since finding all these people online...but it has been great.  I ran from KIDS in August of 90 and didn't look back for the first while, then a few months later, a freind (copped out) and stayed at my house.  My house kinda became the place people ran to until they could get on their feet.  From then on, I kinda made it my mission in life (besides my husband and kids) to help these kids that were still under the control of Newton and others like him.  

Anyway, I'd like to personally welcome you to our board and personally invite you to the conference!  I'm getting a motel, and anyone who needs a place to crash, including you, are welcome to stay...

Offline kennith McCoy

• View Profile
MY SECUIRUTY
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2001, 12:20:16 AM »
my security
thank you all for your kind commments, this is alot to take on again.  I have always told anyone who asks that it would take me two years to tell you how that program works, and what happened to me there.  It has been almost if not more than 10 years now, I turned 17 in straight while I was going to my druggie high school.

Straight Sprinfield Va may 1990-1991

one would hardly know how to start.    

Offline KimberlyNJ

• View Profile
MY SECUIRUTY
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2001, 07:57:59 PM »
telling our story
Oh, my goodness!  I know what yoiu mean!  I told work the other day I had to go to DC for this conference and they asked what for just curiosity.  I said basically just business, because it would take me HOURS on end to explain it to them!  I really hope this site and board help you.  Like I said, it may get rough at times, but we have all gotten upset and not wanted to face it...just hang around!  :-)