Author Topic: How can anyone who has gone through STRAIGHT be a Republican  (Read 7702 times)

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
How can anyone who has gone through STRAIGHT be a Republican
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »
Let me just add this, if the democratic ticket consisted of Pol Pot and Edie Amine, you would still have people like Syn and Mister Pink saying "Pot and Amine in 2004"  And they would still talk about what charectar these two have, lets face it some Dems atleast I know in Illinois where I live, vote that way by tradition ie:my father always voted Democrat. I think tradtition is a sad way to vote. I have voted both sides of the ticket and always will when there is a better choice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »
Well considering the overpopulation at the time Pol Pot did one hell of a lot for his country.  :lol:

And I it's 'Idi' Amin, not 'Edie' (as in Sedgwick)

I think tradtition is a sad way to vote. I have voted both sides of the ticket and always will when there is a better choice.
I agree 100%

Well I don't know about you but I don't want some spineless used car salesman that was raised with a silver spoon in his mouth asking permission of a bunch of fucking dictators to protect our country.

Me neither. Then again, I don't want Bush involving us in a situation that we (apparently) don't need to be involved in..warm shit, cold shit...the more that I think about it, the more I think, "Why even bother to register this year?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »
On 2004-10-05 06:31:00, froderik13 wrote:

"Well considering the overpopulation at the time Pol Pot did one hell of a lot for his country.  :lol:

And I it's 'Idi' Amin, not 'Edie' (as in Sedgwick)

I think tradtition is a sad way to vote. I have voted both sides of the ticket and always will when there is a better choice.

I agree 100%

Well I don't know about you but I don't want some spineless used car salesman that was raised with a silver spoon in his mouth asking permission of a bunch of fucking dictators to protect our country.

Me neither. Then again, I don't want Bush involving us in a situation that we (apparently) don't need to be involved in..warm shit, cold shit...the more that I think about it, the more I think, "Why even bother to register this year?" "

Don't vote--It only encourages them.

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »
On 2004-10-04 12:04:00, nicoleesther wrote:

Come on people!  How can you affiliate yourselves with a party that empowers Mel Sembler, his money, and his bought Ambassadorship.  

Because they are grateful to the Republicans for creating an atmosphere where Straight, Inc. could thrive!  They know that if they hadn't gotten treatment at Straight, they would be DEAD, INSANE, or IN JAIL!  Sembler deserves his position as a "Thank you" from a grateful nation--a nation that wouldn't have to worry about teenagers dying from the disease of chemical dependency if they would vote Republican and help open the new, improved, all-ages Straight, Inc. v2.0!  Love ya! Love yourself, Druggie! Have a seat!
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »
Regarding Kerry being a flip flopper. This is what I mean. Maybe I have missed the one news program that actually explained how Kerry is a flip flopper, but I don't see it. Bush has however, flip flopped all around. He first said war would be a last resort, then he went to war before the UN was done with him based on some info that the majority of the world thought was weak and which turned out to be. Not to mention how misleading he is about Kerry. Just because you hear Kerry being called a flip flopper all day on all the republican radio and news stations, does not make it so. I'm not saying I love Kerry or that he would be my first pick, but he's way better, and trustworthy for that matter, than the other option. I knew Bush was crazy in the last debates in 2000 when he was talking about executing someone on death row in TX and he started laughing.

Offline The Butcher

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »
I knew Bush was crazy in the last debates in 2000 when he was talking about executing someone on death row in TX and he started laughing.

And you thought this was crazy because...?

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
Because I knew then that he got off on killing people. Executing people on death row shouldn't be a joy to do, even if they are guilty of something horrible. I think the war in Iraq is ample evidence of Bush's enjoyment of killing people, even innocent ones. And if Im not mistaken, TX had more people executed than any other state in the US while Bush Jr. was governer. Does this answer your question?

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »
http://www.texecutions.com/

And this from: http://www.bushkills.com/record.html

Under the leadership of George W. Bush, Texas continues to rank dead last in virtually every social service area, yet first in executions. Texas has some of the poorest funded programs to help the mentally ill (who account for a good number of the prison population). Bush's response to this dead last ranking was to insist that the legislature pass a $5 billion tax cut.

Bush has been steadfast in his refusal to recognize the significance of international treaty law, specifically the right of foreign nationals facing the death penalty to receive notification of their right to consular assistance. Texas has the second-largest death row population of foreign citizens in the USA (after California). None of these individuals were informed upon arrest of their right to consular assistance, as guaranteed under the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations. Even a personal intervention by the US Secretary of State (in the Faulder case) was ignored by Bush, undermining the viability of international law, outraging nations allied to the USA and endangering the human rights of detained foreigners everywhere, including American citizens arrested abroad.

Texas' criminal justice system as a whole is undoubtedly one of the worst in the nation. This is pointed out so clearly in the September 1999 issue of Harper's, in the Index:

"Number of death sentences upheld by Texas courts since 1990 for men whose lawyers slept during their trials: 3"
In a 1998 report entitled "Lethal Injustice", Amnesty International stated that "at every step in the death penalty process in Texas, a litany of grossly inadequate legal procedures fail to meet recognized minimum international standards for the protection of human rights."

A more recent article entitled "Death In Texas", in the July, 1999 edition of The Champion, Stephen B. Bright, Director of the Southern Center for Human Rights, details how the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals runs the fastest assembly line to the death chamber in the country.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »
http://www.ccadp.org/serialpresident.htm

and this from: http://www.texecutions.com/
(Not even the incident I was referring to, another one)

Republican presidential candidate Gary Bauer criticized Gov. George W. Bush for making fun of an executed Texas woman in an interview Bush gave to Talk magazine. "I think it is nothing short of unbelievable that the governor of a major state running for president thought it was acceptable to mock a woman he decided to put to death." Just before her execution date, Tucker appealed for clemency on the grounds that she had become a born-again Christian. Bush's reply: " `Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, `don't kill me,' "  

George W. Bush has a very weak grasp of the idea "freedom" and its significance in this country. George W. Bush also seems to lack an understanding of the meaning of satire. Humor does require a measure of intelligence. Maybe that is his problem. With the invite and political machinery of the GOP establishment and wealthy fat cats, George W. Bush intends to squarely plop himself down in the White House. When considering his record of pandering to special interests, bald hypocrisy, weasel speak and the utterly hollow nature of the George W. Bush "vision", sensible people shudder. At least there is humor. Most unwittingly, George W. Bush does provide himself as grist for tremendous hilarity.

Offline The Butcher

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »
Touche. I forgot, you are "the butcher."

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »
What would you prefer a prison to be a summer camp like the one Martha Stewart is going to? Next time somebody pops a cap on one of your family members or rapes them I will remind you that you are against capitol punishment. Oh know wait these people can be rehabilitated right. I think its just to bad that pedophiles arent put to death.

[ This Message was edited by: thepatriot on 2004-10-05 11:53 ]
arasota Straight Escapee

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »
Nooooo... No that's not what I meant. I think that of course if it's you then I can understand wanting the death penalty, although I am opposed to it in theory. Sticking to that in a situation that involves me...maybe not. But I think that taking the situation so lightly and even making fun of people on death row in Bush's situation to me is a sign of his lack of empathy for other people, in general. I think he does not care about people other than those that serve his interests. I saw it in his face in the last debates, and I see it even more now.

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »
Fuck empathy its a feel good program word.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Troubled Turd

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »
Not in MY goddamned progrum it's not.....y' buncha saddle-sores..