Author Topic: Questions Bush should be asked in the "debates", but won't a  (Read 3396 times)

Offline SyN

• View Profile
Questions Bush should be asked in the "debates", but won't a
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »
MA is very Democratic. I dont understand why I am scareing you.  Bush Frightens me.  Kerry is the lesser of to evils as it will allways be in these races.  But Kerry wont send jobs out of country and deplete our work forces.  Thats a key issue.  And for our future is THE issue. On an On and ON
Kerry 04
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »
I am no better and no worse than I was 4 years ago. I am afraid that Kerry who is anti-war, like myself, will not be able to do any better than what is going on now. I think if he were to pull troops out, it will only make things worse at this point. He hasn't made his plan clear or mabe I missed it.

Hey, I voted for Ross Perot. I have never seen a politicion(sp) as honest about the enonomy and finanically responsible with his plans. Remember those charts?  Too bad the rest of the U.S. didn't agree.

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »
I JUST THINK ITS FUCKED UP THAT THE GOVERNMENT TAXES WAITRESS'S TIPS.
quot;Its a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor\" - Bob Dylan

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »
then let corp's out of over 20 bil in taxes. Why do they pursue tax evasion of the middle class for mere thousands when the corp's sneak by millions?

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »
If it is expected that we pay a tip for a service, then the receiver should pay taxes on it. How much of your pay are you not taxed on? Personally, I think tipping is a strange idea. Pay employees a set amount. You get a tight wad for a customer and you could get next to nothing. Prices should be higher, wait staff paid much more and no tipping. That way it is clear to everyone. Especially those who are poor at math.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »
Oh no, I think tipping is a great institution! I've done my share of waitressing. Most of the time, the employer lets you fill in your own amount for tips. At least, that's how they used to do it. So you fill in the balance between shift pay and minimum wage, plus a couple of bucks to make it look less contrived. So you still get some tax free earnings.

More than that, though, it gives the wait staff a sense of proprietorship. There are the company policies and requirements that you have to meet. But, beyond that, it's up to you when you hit the floor how you treat your customers. If you're really good at it and you build a relationship w/ your regulars, you can make twice the average. If you're not, then you know pretty quickly to look for another line of work. That saves the company, and the customer, on supervision and training.

Tipping serves the customer, wait staff and the company very well.

Patient memoirs are a kind of protest literature like slave narratives or witness testimonies.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ned=us&q=G.A.Hornstein&btnmeta%3Dsearch%3Dsearch=Search+the+Web' target='_new'>G.A.Hornstein

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2004, 12:01:00 AM »
so do you tell the irs how much you got per night in tips or????? just wondering.  Dont get me wrong im all for taxes. and breaks, but when the big guns dont pay any and im shelling out big bucks ima be pissed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »
ya 700 mark on the posts, booyah!!!!!!

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2004, 12:03:00 AM »
is it a thousand when im old school or just a wing nut? :lol:

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2004, 12:51:00 AM »
My family owns a small supermarket. People shop there because we treat them well, do our best to get items in stock that they are looking for and we get them out the door fast. People hate to wait.  This is a service that I provide and I do not get tips, and I pay taxes on every dollar I earn, as do our employees.  Why is waiting tables different?  I don't like to pay taxes but we would be in big trouble without them!  MY POINT; the people in these jobs, should not be exempt from paying taxes like everyone else.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »
If I owned a store I wouldn't expect tips either. But, do you pay your employees as much as you pay yourself? No.
Can your employees survive on the wages you pay them? Probably not.
Even if wait people earned minimum wage- which they don't- it wouldn't be enough, WITH tips.
Do you know what the living wage is in your city?

Until there is a flat tax and EVERYONE pays, I say scam where you can- especially if you're not earning a living wage!!
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »
If they are fucking stupid enough to claim a large percentage they deserve to be taxed. There is always one way to fix your fucked up situation, change your line of work. If you are at a lower income level there are all kinds of grants and programs that bwill cost you nothing and send you to college to better yourself. Just most people are too lazy to get off there ass and look for them.

On 2004-10-04 11:58:00, Mister Pink wrote:

"I JUST THINK ITS FUCKED UP THAT THE GOVERNMENT TAXES WAITRESS'S TIPS."
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »
The point I am trying to make is that resturants need to charge more, and pay their staff more. Do away with tipping.
 My part-time teenagers are not paid well. We are so flexable with them. We schedule them only when they want to work. Our full time staff are paid a decent wage, and no, they do not make as much as my family does, with the exception of two managers.