Author Topic: Troops favor Bush over Kerry 4 to 1  (Read 1066 times)

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Troops favor Bush over Kerry 4 to 1
« on: October 05, 2004, 09:22:00 AM »
Troops Favor Bush over Kerry 4-to-1
A new poll conducted by the Army Times Publishing Co. said, U.S. troops favor George W. Bush over John Kerry for President, 4-to-1. Out of 4,000 polled, a staggering 73% of servicemen said they would vote for Bush if the election were held today. A meek 18% preferred a Kerry administration.

Two-thirds of those polled pointed to Kerry's anti-war activities in the 1970's as the main reason for their fervent Bush support.

The Kerry campaign, who has consistently touted military support, is sure to take a public relations bruising because of the survey results.

During the 2000 election, military servicemen backed Bush over Gore 2-to-1.

Additionally, morale amongst active duty servicemen is very high with 73% stating that they would re-enlist if needed.

Here is the link
http://hundredpercenter.blogspot.com/20 ... -to-1.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »
You don't actually believe the Army Times, do you?

Here's another side to the issue

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/lorentz1.html

This guy's facing court martial for disloyalty. Now, if you were asked by an Army Times reporter whether or not you support the commander in thief, what would you say?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The people who ran straight had the best of intentions. I hope they reached their destination.

Anonymity Anonymous
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »
Yes Ginger as a matter of fact I do, after 7 years on active duty I know for a fact that it is one of the most widely read publications by troops over seas, sorry but thats a fact like it or not. And I also know that most active military and I would venture to say 75% with a margin of error of + or- 5% and I'll bet Im close lean toward the conservitive side. I klnow you lefties don't like to hear that, but oh well. You may know a few people in the military that lean to the left and don't support Bush but I guarntee you they are few and far between. I'll take the Army times or Armed forces network over CNN any day.

[ This Message was edited by: thepatriot on 2004-10-05 11:47 ][ This Message was edited by: thepatriot on 2004-10-05 11:48 ]
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »
It's not a matter of left vs. right. It's about support for this military action and the chicken hawks who sent them to prosecute it.

Of course the Army Times is the most widely read publication! Same as Foux News is the most widely heard news broadcast. Both are available for free to to active duty military personnel. Doesn't indicate support or agreement.

If this war is so damned popular among military personnel, then how come we had to add 300 new recruiters?

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

--Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes