Author Topic: Ignorance is bliss when afraid of the light  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ignorance is bliss when afraid of the light
« on: May 04, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »
You didn't survive AARC You didn't even let yourself gain anything from the experience. You two are most likely back where you were before AARC which is worse than where you were during[ This Message was edited by: velvet2000 on 2004-10-29 22:16 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »
And your basis for this expansive assumption is... what exactly?

What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult.
-- Sigmund Freud

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »
My life's going quite well thanks for asking....Great job, great family, great friends, a sense of peace in my life....

It's funny how there hasn't been much posting on this board for a while and then out of the blue a couple people come on just to bash the two of us...I see the program's working for you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »
The 12 Steps of AARC Recovery:

1)Learn to do nothing but cry when people belittle you and fear standing up for yourself.

2)Hope there is a god out there who will save you from all this

3)Begin to stuff your feelings by taking your anger out on those still on steps 1 and 2.

4)Covince yourself that your family is healed by telling yourself it's the newcomers in your house that are driving you crazy.

5)Forget about your pain by offering yourself of service to everyone else in AARC and following each staff members instructions even if everyone's advice contradicts one another.

6)Realize that the only way you're getting out of this place is by accepting blame for things that are not your fault, and then score points by "letting go" the mistake you never made in the first place.

7)Never take a moment to think. If you think you will come to your senses.

:cool:See yourself as a bad person. It makes it easier to apologize to the people who hurt and abused you, such as your crazy parents.

9)Progress past taking your anger out on newcomers, and instead always give an example of when you are as "crazy" as they were. By this time your life story will be so dramatically altered that you will really believe the things that you say. And staff always falls for this.

10)Accept that your family is "enablers" and then look happy to be with them at AARC functions. You can now channel your pain against them by making joks about them only other twelve steppers understand.

11)Look happy. You can do this now because you know you are only one step away from freedom. In fact you look happy like someone who is mentally handicapped.

12)Listen to music you aren't allowed to listen to. Smuggle money and buy yourself more cigarettes. Make phone calls outside the building to friends you aren't allowed to speak with. Hit on a newcomer. It's alright man, they've made a killing off of you, they don't need you anymore! They've already started planning your graduation ceremony and they can't screw up their schedule. They've invited some potential sponsers so you HAVE to be "ready"!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »
On 2004-05-04 09:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You didn't survive AARC You didn't even let yourself gain anything from the experience. You two are most likely back where you were before AARC which is worse than where you were during"

yes really, how do you know how they are doing?? Please!! You have no idea whatsoever, but im sure you try and convince yourself that they cannot do well without the "program". This is because if you were to find evidence to the contrary, your entire world would collapse. Scary isn't it? You know how I know this? Because there is no other explanation for your comment, it is that irrational. You know what else, your spirit of love and concern is simply blinding!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 03:11:00 AM »
Feelings about AARC...if it worked for you great! It did for me. But if it didnt thats ok, move on though ok. If you know AARC saved your life you know not to waste time with someone who has relapsed and is bashing and trying all the old games. Im not going to try and convince them, they wont listen. I didnt listen before either, they will get better when it gets hard enough. Hopefully.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »
The funning thing is because you feel we are "bashing" (which I don't think is necessarily true, I just think we are expressing our feelings), somehow you feel that we have "relapsed....and trying all the old games....they will get better when it gets hard enough", sorry to disappoint you, but I don't need to get better, and I don't look at my social drinking (had one glass of wine last night at a work function) as relapsing.  I haven't spiraled out of control.  That is the whole problem with aarc, it makes everyone believe, that they are druggies and alcoholics and will die if they ever go back.  Life is life, people go through it, sometimes people have rough patches, and yes some people are truely alcoholics or drug addicts, but not everyone who went through aarc is.
That's all.  Have a great day. :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »
Well the funny thing is that anyone who sightly disagree's with any one thing that occcurs in AARC, even when they are still an active part of AARC, is considered AARC bashing and frowned upon. And it's so important to never question their leader, that they must believe that anyone who does dare to question is evil, and on a downard spiral, sure to become deadinsaneorinjail.