Author Topic: Sorry Folks, the Seed helped me!!!  (Read 13770 times)

Offline Fran

• View Profile
Sorry Folks, the Seed helped me!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »
What scares me is that there are places just like the seed or worse out there right now!!! Kids who are in these programs that will end up like us 30 years from now trying to figure out what happened to their youth.
Like that Kids Helping Kids program...and there is nothing we can do about it.  :scared:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Sorry Folks, the Seed helped me!!!
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »
Yeah there is.

The Program essentially works on a pyramid marketing model, just like AmWay. Remember when AmWay moonies were everywhere? But eventually everybody knew somebody who got sucked into the scam and now they're not so popular.

Well, everybody probably knows somebody now who's getting taken for a similar ride. They use some slightly different vocabulary. They sell it as "personal growth boarding school" and "wilderness therapy" now. Some of them advertise "equine therapy". For the parents, instead of Open Meeting w/ the kids, some of them have parent seminars and, eventually, parent child seminars.

If you know to look for it, you'll recognize various recruiting efforts in your community. Next time you hear of a kid getting sent off to a boarding school or someone hawking self improvement seminars for family relationship training, you'll know to maybe ask a few questions.

I tried not to work for, you know, anyone who ate children with their bare hands. I won't pretend that I was ideologically consistent.

--Dick Morris; Political consultant for Bill Clinton, Trent Lott and Tom Ridge

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline I'll kick your arse

• View Profile
Re: Sorry Folks, the Seed helped me!!!
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »
:bump:

Offline I'll kick your arse

• View Profile