Author Topic: Tampa Screw-Up / Dark Skies  (Read 2066 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Tampa Screw-Up / Dark Skies
« on: August 22, 2002, 04:58:00 AM »
The first rumblings of trouble to come fell on a Sunday.  For some reason, all these people from Tampa started being confronted.  The whole day turned into one big come-down rap.  When court rap got cancelled, I knew we were in for some bad shit.  One girl was accused of leaving her newcomers alone with her father in their nightclothes so she could do homework, when she really watched t.v. or something. (he was later accused of having fondling one of the newcomer girls and these parents ended up getting divorced) The accusations and confrontations spread like wildfire throughout the group.  Suddenly, being from Hillsbourough County was not a good thing for your program.  Things got to the point where people were ready to trade blows.  Executive Staff came out after dinner and started handing out refreshers like a cop handing out speeding tickets at the Daytona 500.  It was crazy.  These priveleged assholes who had gotten rid of their newcomers and used the freedom to goof off were now newcomers themselves.  In all I think at least 7 girls were put on refreshers and about 11 guys.  Boom just like that.  The same scumbags that would dig their fingers under my collarbones to get me to sit up and pay attention were now acting like Jerks themselves, only their heart was'nt in it.  I even stood a couple up and came down on them for being half-assed spoiled little brats and giving dedicated and true Jerks a bad name.  I was admonished by Mrs. Pete for telling them they should split the program and quit wasting our time.
All the negative energy was making me sick.
Just as a hurricane has an eye, where everything is calm and you are fooled into believing the worst is over, much was the same with us that long hot ass summer.  The calm washed over the group, and we had our gong show, never realizing that things were about to get much, much worse.........end part three.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline MommaDebi

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2002, 10:24:00 PM »
I would have loved to been able to see some of my "oldtimers" takendown a peg or two. Thanks for sharing that! I am always lurking.. looking forward to next installment..reminds me of the old time books or radio shows..lots of cliffhangers!
...every five years I look back on my life and have a good laugh...\" {Indigo Girls~~ \"The Watershed\"}

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2002, 05:03:00 PM »
I remember that. Newton early 80's. I hated all those raps. Every damn time they would call on me for a song I would say 9 to 9 because I was trying to be ironic that I had to be there in that stupid place. I get cringes thinking about those songs and all those raps. Spork scars forever.

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2002, 10:48:00 PM »
I still cringe when I hear "Fire and Rain" and also "The Living Years" on the radio. My mind automatically thinks of days at Straight and I'm whisked back to it, I'm just thankful I'm not a soft rock loving person, but I have to deal with hearing it at work.. sigh, what bad timing to spring those songs on me
usan Minns