Author Topic: Cedu and Cascade are related there was a walk out at Cascad  (Read 11019 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: Cedu and Cascade are related there was a walk out at Cascad
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 10:48:26 PM »
I finally started to refuse my phone calls and hoped my parents would trip out.

Fuck, that's a pretty good tactic.

Wish I had thought of that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Loli

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
In my experience, the cults loves that because they can further isolate and drive a wedge from you. Then, the sole point of contact is whatever the cult tells them.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 04:51:26 PM »
Quote from: "Loli"
In my experience, the cults loves that because they can further isolate and drive a wedge from you. Then, the sole point of contact is whatever the cult tells them.

What this does,  IMO, is not what it causes the cult to do, but rather, what it can cause the parent to do. Why can't I talk to my kid? Why won't he talk to me?

No answer a cult can give them is really going to suffice, if they are truly worth their salt as a parent. I know my mom would have flipped the fuck out no matter what the school told her. She had no idea I was unhappy, hell I didnt even admit it to myself. I would have gone into a crisis. She said to me years later that if she had known, she would have pulled me in a second.

A lot of WWASPS parents, however, don't seem to clue in to this after they are denied extensive access to their kids, so you definitely seem to be right concerning that.

Offline Loli

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 07:13:53 PM »
I just remember being at CEDU with kids who refused to talk to their folks, and staff telling the parents that it was "therapeutic." The parents brought it hook, line and sinker.

Personally, I think some of the rich overly entitled parenst looked at it as a get out of jail for free card. Happy to let the kid call you after being throoughly brainwashed.

Offline RMA Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 11:01:48 PM »
My parents completely approved of the isolation and limited contact with the outside.  Even though my siblings would never have written me or phoned me had they been allowed, when they were told they could not, they were the ones who questioned this, not my parents.  

I did come close to cutting off all communications with them shortly after I arrived.  In an effort to mend fences, I wrote them an eight page, hand written letter with nothing to say but nice things.  It came back five days later, same envelope and stamped Return To Sender.  I opened it up and found my letter inside, corrected in red ink.  Words properly spelled, proper punctuation, grammatically correct, yet corrections made nonetheless.  Clearly this was meant as an insult.  

Technically I did cut off communications because I now recall that two months later Bob Silfies had cornered me and asked why I had not written to my parents.  When I told him, he said I needed to work through it and to send another letter.  When I refused, he said I would be kicked out of Courier du Bois.  I said, cool!  When that failed as an incentive, he threatened me with a work detail.  I said, cool!  I prefer to work alone, I get more done.  Then he threatened me with a wide range of bans, and that was actually the one punishment that could make life difficult and annoying.  So I gave in.  Kind of wish I hadn't, but 25 years is a lot of time to reflect.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 12:39:32 AM »
Hold the phone...

your parents did this??

That is some seriously fucked up shit.

If my mom or dad had done that to me that would have been rap fodder for months. I would have been crying my eyes out.

Offline oh58heli

• View Profile
Re: Cedu and Cascade are related there was a walk out at Ca
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »
I went to cascade in the 80s. I could not handle it and took off in the middle of the night with 2 guys that ended up going back. I made it all the way down and actually had holes in my shoes but I was not going back for anything. thankfully I ended up ok...LOL. If you remember which I doubt my name is elysee and if you do facebook me elysee palmer...LMAO

Offline oh58heli

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 01:34:24 AM »
OH..and if anyone knows how to make that granola thing we would have in the mornings PLEASE facebook me

Offline jharsan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 11:05:28 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Anybody who knows anything respond.  Allgood came out of Cedu and he believes that the ends justify the means.  Back in the 70's he would accuse the kids he had molested of being crazy  and tell the parents that the kid could not come to the phone.
Cascade school was in northern california and he and lon woodbury had a racket where they would send each other kids to molest.  Many place when they found out that allgood was cedu scam who had fled north would stop sending kids there. Allgood believes his own lies and scammed the brown schools out of millions so that he make his emotional growth facility appear nice to parents and not look a well...you say it.

I doubt the bit about the 70's. I was at CEDU with Allgood then. He was married to Danielle and noone ever said anything to me about Allgood molesting anyone. Actually Wasserman was first running the place and it was hell - Allgood took it over and mellowed it out some, abolished full-time think tank and seemed to take an intellectual approach encouraging people to learn philosophy and all. I don't know what he became later, you could be right. However I am vehemently against CEDU and similar programs. Allgood seemed smarter than to buy all this feelings therapy holy grail nonsense but he was selling it so I'm definitely not taking his side but I really don't think any molestation was going on in the 70's. Also, they would never let you talk to your parents on the phone back then. Wasserman had really been running a gulag.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 11:39:41 PM »
Quote from: "jharsan"
Quote from: "Guest"
Anybody who knows anything respond.  Allgood came out of Cedu and he believes that the ends justify the means.  Back in the 70's he would accuse the kids he had molested of being crazy  and tell the parents that the kid could not come to the phone.
Cascade school was in northern california and he and lon woodbury had a racket where they would send each other kids to molest.  Many place when they found out that allgood was cedu scam who had fled north would stop sending kids there. Allgood believes his own lies and scammed the brown schools out of millions so that he make his emotional growth facility appear nice to parents and not look a well...you say it.
I doubt the bit about the 70's. I was at CEDU with Allgood then. He was married to Danielle and noone ever said anything to me about Allgood molesting anyone. Actually Wasserman was first running the place and it was hell - Allgood took it over and mellowed it out some, abolished full-time think tank and seemed to take an intellectual approach encouraging people to learn philosophy and all. I don't know what he became later, you could be right. However I am vehemently against CEDU and similar programs. Allgood seemed smarter than to buy all this feelings therapy holy grail nonsense but he was selling it so I'm definitely not taking his side but I really don't think any molestation was going on in the 70's. Also, they would never let you talk to your parents on the phone back then. Wasserman had really been running a gulag.
Fwiw, you might want to check out the following thread re. Michael Allgood's activities and proclivities:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline NivekOgre

• View Profile
    • http://www.skinnypuppy.com
Michael Allgood
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 05:43:24 AM »
Knew what he was talking about as far as I recall. He's just a teacher - teaches the "hard way" but if you signed a deal with Mike I'm sure
he'll cover you.
o What