Author Topic: Physical Symptoms  (Read 9269 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »
On 2004-09-25 18:28:00, rjfro22 wrote:

The Seed  was only a few months out of our lives,

Maybe this is the crux of the difference. For some of you, you had a perceived problem, joined the Seed, Stopped using drugs and moved on with your lives. You identify your time in the Seed as a positive time where you changed your direction. The seed represents a brief interlude in your young adult lives.

For many others of us, we were forced in under lies and threats, Our personalities were stripped from us,The Seed took over our families, we were threatened with it constantly even after completing it, we felt locked up, imprisoned, harrased, embarrassed, captive. Our families spoke the secret language around the house and had seed license plates. The Seed represents a huge negative event in our childhood and we were forced to either reject our personalities or reject the Seed.

Two very different experiences for sure.

gregfl
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline rjfro22

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2004, 10:54:00 PM »
Greg,
 Is what you are saying is using drugs had nothing to do with  there weakness , in fact you almost sound like you are saying they  used drugs because of the Seed. You know that old saying, " you can't bullshit a bullshitter", well you and I know we can all get one over on a phychologist. But we couldn't  put one over on our peers,   . The power of the seed was us all sharing similar problems and we really could not get one over on each other, been down that. Art  let that process work on it's own. People who choose not to remain clean ,did so on there own.  They are solely responsible for themselves, The Seed offered some  strict guidance for a few months out of our lives.  YOU GOT IT OR YOU DIDN'T.  I slipped after a couple of years, but never to the level I did when I came into the seed , and I never felt  quilty about it.. After a few years of wasting my  live and remembering what the Seed has taught me (I know that makes you cringe) I rebounded and it has been 19 years . Remember drugs were everywhere and it was part of our generation , that was part of the real problem.  I do keep in touch with a few  seedling from the past and they drink  and whatever, and they seem happy enough to me. Who am I to judge, that's what works for them. We talk occasionally about the old days at the seed, and discuss the good and the bad have a few laughs, but over all we had good memories .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2004, 08:36:00 AM »
"bullshit a bullshitter"

"I know we can all get one over on a phychologist. But we couldn't put one over on our peers"

How long ago did you get off your program?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2004, 11:40:00 AM »
I went in to the Seed in march 1973  to 1974
SR84

Offline rjfro22

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »
I left the Seed  around 1975 and moved to California.

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »
rjfro22,  I couldn't agree more w/ what you are saying. My experiences have been very similar to yours.  I've had my slips but continue to go back to the basic teachings of the Seed - warts and all!! As in all things in life, there is a Yin and Yang.  I've never regretted my choice to "enlist" in the program.  Well, maybe for the first week - but after that, I knew I had a long road ahead of me.  I, too, hitch-hiked all over, shot drugs i.e., EVERYTHING which could go into my veins.  Wasn't interested in smoking, snorting, dropping, etc., just wanted to shoot it.  I had been doing needles since I was barely 16 and asked to be put in the Seed a month shy of my 18th birthday.  What a blessing for me!! Yes, it was boot camp to the extreme, but I NEVER would have "gotten it" if it hadn't been as "tough" as it was.  I had seen "family counselers" and could TOTALLY manipulate them as I saw fit.  It seemed they placed all the blame on my alcoholic dad and mom inflicted w/ depression. (which I must say, she overcame after I got it together via the Seed) Yes, you CANNOT bullshit a bullshitter.  That was part of the magic of the Seed.  I have an adult son and many friends w/ children and they do not like to confront me becaue they KNOW that I KNOW what's going on.  It's a trip to see someone in their teens trying to get over on me.  Incidently, my son is awesome and never got into the trouble I did.  He is as good as I was rotten and I'm truly blessed.  I too live in CA - moved out here after graduating from the Seed;  married a good man (also in the Seed) and had a wonderful son.  It sounds like you're one of the few that "got it" and I wish you the best.  Please feel free to e/m me if you'd like!
bid you peace!

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2004, 11:39:00 PM »
Actually, I strayed from what I was going to respond to...Physical Symptoms.  

I went through such withdrawals (not from any particular drug) but from my f***** up lifestyle AND drug use that I relate the experience to that of "A Clockwork Orange"  

Don't know how many of you saw that movie, but it's very similar to what I felt I experienced(brainwashing - so be it)  Anyway, it was a very powerful movie experience which seemed to parallel my recovery program w/ the Seed.  

I would get physically ill if I smelled Pot which was VERY strange for me.  I would pass by my old hangouts and get nauseous.  Very strange, indeed but it didn't matter because it worked for ME.  I know of several people that refused to let go of their past, for whatever reason, and believe they probably suffer today.  My life is good - not perfect my any means, but good!
bid you peace!

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2004, 01:05:00 AM »
Yes, the movie clockwork orange depicts government experimental mind control.

Something you may have missed...while it worked for a while on Alex, eventually the "experiment" was a failure.

Good analogy Robin!!!!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »
On 2004-09-25 19:54:00, rjfro22 wrote:

Greg,
Is what you are saying is using drugs had nothing to do with there weakness , in fact you almost sound like you are saying they used drugs because of the Seed. You know that old saying, " you can't bullshit a bullshitter", well you and I know we can all get one over on a phychologist. But we couldn't put one over on our peers, . The power of the seed was us all sharing similar problems and we really could not get one over on each other...

I agree w/ Greg about the difference between voluntary involvement by people who actually had drug problems and involuntary involvement by people who did not.

When you showed up and heard about all the classic scenareos and problems of substance abuse, it may have seemed like they were reading you like a book. But so damned many kids got roped into the Program who were not in big trouble w/ drugs. And we were described and derided in precisely the same terms. Guess what? You got bullshitted.

They serve so that we don't have to. They offer to give up their lives so that we can be free. It is, remarkably, their gift to us. And all they ask for in return is that we never send them into harm's way unless it is absolutely necessary. Will they ever trust us again?

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latestnews/index.php?id=18' target='_new'>Michael More

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »
majorly bullshitted to the point many of them committed their lives to the cult.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2004, 07:51:00 AM »
Antigen, were you actually on the program?  I was under the impression that you were not, from previous posts.  I have heard opinions from you that are based on maybe a couple of months in time like some guy donating lunchoen meat.  If I were you I think you should contact him. Find out from him, now that you are an adult & can comprehend things in an adult manner just how much food & for what length of time this donation took place.  In my mind from my perspective your judgement is way off.  When I was a kid I thought my back yard was enormous, when in actuality it was not that big at all.  The house that I believe you said was donated to the Seed was actually loaned to the seed for anumber of years not donated.  Thats the trouble with rumors- you hear something and believe it and you never hear the truth & years later it is taken as fact.  Just like Greg with the "pool incident" I was around for years and also at the period that this took place- I can't remember it & never heard anything about it.  Believe me I remember alot.  I'm sure the "pool incident" took place but I think Greg possibly made it a bigger deal than it was, sure at the time it was probably a big deal to Greg but...  I'm happy with my life now, sure I've made mistakes.  I'm not perfect.  The Seed wasn't perfect.  My family wasn't perfect either, who's is?  I choose to move on & enjoy my life & try to be a good person everyday.  I do use alot of what I learned at the Seed in my everyday life and it benefits me to this day.  I must admit there is a couple of people that I dislike & never want to have anything to do with ever again
& I would probably seriously debate giving the finger to if I saw them on the street.  I'm sure Greg had it tough with his family envolvement in "Straight" he probably felt like he was robbed of a family and probably was how do you get over all that shit?  I guess by doing what hes doing now.  Antigen you baffle me & scare me a little too.  I hope you can get over your shit as well.  I feel bad for you but It seems to me you blame the wrong people for your misfortune.  Forget about it please for your own sake.  Just move on, look for the good in things.  Sorry I had to say it post after post that you write I picture you in army fatigues with black boots ready for a fight.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »
luv ya!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »
man, you still an oldcomer anon?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »
no, but please explain your sarcasm.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Physical Symptoms
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »
do we even notice that it is not a program so much as a natural law? without some functioning understanding of what you're consuming daily, it can be very difficult to perceive the repercussions, true? do we really READ this stuff, y'all? :idea: